Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jungle book attraction

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jungle book attraction

    Why didn't they make a Jungle Book attraction? Do you think it would have been a good fit for Fantasyland? Or even Disneyland? If they created one, where would it be anyways? In my opinion, I don't think they had anyplace to put it in at. Where do you think they might have been able to fit it in?

  • #2
    Re: Jungle book attraction

    There really isn't much space for it in Fantasyland or Adventureland, which are the only two lands where it'd really fit. If the Fantasyland theater were demolished, there'd be plenty of room for a show building, perhaps even one containing two rides on two levels a la Alice in Wonderland. But unless something is removed, Fantasyland really has no more room.

    Adventureland is even trickier. It's actually a huge land, but the vast majority is taken up by the Jungle Cruise river. Trivia fact: you could fit two more Indiana-Jones-sized rides in the space taken up by the river. So if Jungle Cruise ever goes to Yesterland, there'll be a lot of room for two major attractions or numerous smaller ones. I'd love to see the Jungle Cruise stay indefinitely, although I can't help think about the possibilities. Anyway, Adventureland is pretty swamped...no pun intended.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jungle book attraction

      http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...-78705p11.html

      Check out this suggestion I made recently about theming the Jungle Cruise to "the Jungle Book"...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jungle book attraction

        Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        Adventureland is even trickier. It's actually a huge land, but the vast majority is taken up by the Jungle Cruise river. Trivia fact: you could fit two more Indiana-Jones-sized rides in the space taken up by the river. So if Jungle Cruise ever goes to Yesterland, there'll be a lot of room for two major attractions or numerous smaller ones. I'd love to see the Jungle Cruise stay indefinitely, although I can't help think about the possibilities. Anyway, Adventureland is pretty swamped...no pun intended.
        Interesting thoughts. I once began a thread based on the idea of moving most of the WFJC into a show building thus freeing up tons of space in Adventureland. The idea didn't get much traction but it was fun to contemplate.
        Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad


        Dream big. Do what you love.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jungle book attraction

          Originally posted by BigThunder View Post
          Interesting thoughts. I once began a thread based on the idea of moving most of the WFJC into a show building thus freeing up tons of space in Adventureland. The idea didn't get much traction but it was fun to contemplate.
          While it would make sense from a real estate standpoint I would have to say no... isn't part of the charm of Jungle Cruise the fact that you are actually "out there" and "in the jungle"?
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

          sigpic

          "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jungle book attraction

            despite the fact that i don't really like jungle book i like the potential of the ride
            sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jungle book attraction

              The Jungle Book Cruise.

              Don't give them any ideas.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jungle book attraction

                oh your too late now lol.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jungle book attraction

                  hahaha, I didn't even see this topic, and I had just started a
                  similar question about The Lion King. My most recent post
                  in that topic said that the 3rd theme park in Anaheim should
                  have a good portion devoted to an extended "Adventureland"
                  where Disney Classics such as The Lion King and Jungle Book
                  could have Dark Rides neighboring each other. Both movies
                  have exceptional music, characters and stories. They are
                  BOTH deserving dark ride treatment.

                  and to add something else ~ it would be even more fun IF
                  this "2nd Adventureland" would have a volcano as a backdrop
                  for both of these Jungle type movies!

                  oh, I would also say no to adding Jungle Book, or even Lion King
                  characters to the Jungle Cruise.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jungle book attraction

                    The truth is: Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Frontierland and Adventureland would all have made excellent themes for stand alone parks. Then you don't have the redundancy of Animal Kingdom-Adventureland and Future World-Tomorrowland spreading two similar themes in different parks.

                    DisneySea sort of recreates the lands of the Magic Kingdom as ports, and reimagines the sea in the future (Port Discovery) and that sort of complements what's going on next door.

                    But two Adventurelands would be confusing at Disneyland.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Jungle book attraction

                      [quote=CaliforniaAdventurer;227654
                      But two Adventurelands would be confusing at Disneyland.[/quote]

                      You wouldn't name them both Adventureland. And NOBODY
                      is confusing Disney California ADVENTURE, with ADVENTURELAND,
                      even though they both say ADVENTURE.

                      Sorry, I don't buy your reasoning.

                      The point is it's a theme that can continue to be built upon,
                      so you might as well use expand it in a new park.

                      Hey, WDW has Animal Kingdom as well as Adventureland in the
                      Magic Kingdom.

                      There is absolutely NO REASON why NOT carry over a Jungle
                      theme to just one section of a new Anaheim Park. Remember
                      Anaheims Adventureland is pretty much Maxed out on available
                      room, it really can't add anything new. BUT possible Adventureland
                      attractions and characters still show MUCH potential, so to add
                      any type of Adventureland fitting themes ~ DL DOES have a need
                      for a 2nd Jungle.
                      Last edited by Aladdin; 10-25-2007, 11:42 PM.
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Jungle book attraction

                        /\
                        They might as well have a whole new land themed on the PIRATES movies that is seperate from the POTC they have at Disneyland.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Jungle book attraction

                          Originally posted by techskip View Post
                          While it would make sense from a real estate standpoint I would have to say no... isn't part of the charm of Jungle Cruise the fact that you are actually "out there" and "in the jungle"?
                          In a Barbosa voice..."Agreed!"
                          Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Jungle book attraction

                            Back in the first Disney/Henson merger days...I was privileged to have lunch with Jim Henson at the Disney Studios in Burbank shortly before he died, and he very briefly mentioned his desire to create an attraction based on Disney's Jungle Book. He loved the film and felt they could do a great Audio-Animatronic attraction based on it and he said he was working on ideas for it. Very blue sky at that point though. Not sure he had even put anything down on paper, or pitched it yet.

                            He mentioned this during a portion of the conversation where he was talking about how excited he was to be working on Disney properties as well as his own.

                            Just thought I'd mention that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Jungle book attraction

                              Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                              Back in the first Disney/Henson merger days...I was privileged to have lunch with Jim Henson at the Disney Studios in Burbank shortly before he died, and he very briefly mentioned his desire to create an attraction based on Disney's Jungle Book. He loved the film and felt they could do a great Audio-Animatronic attraction based on it and he said he was working on ideas for it. Very blue sky at that point though. Not sure he had even put anything down on paper, or pitched it yet.

                              He mentioned this during a portion of the conversation where he was talking about how excited he was to be working on Disney properties as well as his own.

                              Just thought I'd mention that.
                              Excuse me, Opus, there's something on the floor over there that might belong to you. I think it's a name you dropped....

                              The Jungle Book is a great movie, but I don't think it will ever get a dark ride. I think Disney is too interested in making 364 more Pixar rides instead of a ride based on a movie that's decades old.
                              sigpic
                              Walking in Walt's footsteps

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X