Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Screamin' Helixes - What Would You Put In Them?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Screamin' Helixes - What Would You Put In Them?

Howdy all,

Well, as we all have read the MaliBOOMer is slated to get removed in the coming year. We've also read the possibility of a new attraction of some sorts going into the helix next to Midway Mania and the loading station for California Screamin'.

My question to all of you is if it were up to you what would you put in these two helixes? Would you put in a new ride? If so, what type? Would you put in a restaurant? If so, what kind of food would this place serve? How would it be themed?

After a few posts I'll give you all my ideas.

...Joe...

Re: California Screamin' Helixes - What Would You Put In Them?

Water features, personally.

Comment

I would put something decorative in the helix next to Screamin' load, I really don't remember if there is any way guests would have access to it,and if there is, Disney would have to do some infrastructure work to Screamin' to allow access to it.

In the other helix, I think a restaurant is out of the question. The beer garden is right around the corner, and a restaurant there would detract visitors from it as most visitors enter Paradise Pier through the left entrance, and in effect, guests would pass through the helix from Midway Mania before they get to the beer garden/goofy's sky skool area. They would see the restaurant in the helix and not go through to try the beer garden. In that case, a shop or decoration would fit there.

-CBF
      MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
      (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

I think a ride in the Scream'n helix near the station would seem too closed in and cluttered. I would keep the sand and beach grass landscaping. I would refresh the landscaping a little. it's getting a bit tired looking these days.

Where the Maliboomer is I would just add a small flat ride. Not sure what.
        WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, I don't think there's much room for anything more than decorative stuff in there...

Meh, on second thought, maybe there is.

Comment

When they were doing the proposal for the Paradise Pier redo, Imagineering added a funhouse section in that area as part of the queue for the proposed Villains coaster.

Comment

More plants! The current helixes are so dry and bare. They need new vegetation immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                When they were doing the proposal for the Paradise Pier redo, Imagineering added a funhouse section in that area as part of the queue for the proposed Villains coaster.
                Yeah that's what I thought, instead they settled with posters you can hardly see.
                -Jack :geek:
                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

what is a helix?
                  sorry lol

Comment

The helix is the last turn or spiral down to the loading area at the end. It leaves a big open area in the middle of it.

Comment

Or specifically, this area...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X