Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone dress up in there "Sunday Best" when visiting Disneyland anymore?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone dress up in there "Sunday Best" when visiting Disneyland anymore?

I go to Disneyland quite a bit "dressed up" in suit and tie. But that's usually when I'm going to Club 33 or meeting someone there on business, or dropping in while going to/from work.

If I'm just doing the typical tourist ride-day at Disneyland...I don't dress up per se. Usually slacks and a golf shirt. If it's scorching...might wear shorts. But nice stuff. Don't think I ever look "slobby."

Problem with wearing a suit and tie to Disneyland these days is that everyone thinks you work there! "Scuse me...where's the nearest restroom?"

Comment

Re: Does anyone dress up in there "Sunday Best" when visiting Disneyland anymore?

I don't have the money to justify buying more than jeans and t-shirts. Many times it does bother me that it is how I am showing up to one of the parks. I did wear nice clothes for the 50th, but not a suit because I was camping out.

On several occasions I have worn a Disne golf shirt to the parks (WDW) and been asked if I am a manager a couple of times. Typically I am just asked for directions or information and I usually try to help then.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
        I go to Disneyland quite a bit "dressed up" in suit and tie. But that's usually when I'm going to Club 33 or meeting someone there on business, or dropping in while going to/from work.

If I'm just doing the typical tourist ride-day at Disneyland...I don't dress up per se. Usually slacks and a golf shirt. If it's scorching...might wear shorts. But nice stuff. Don't think I ever look "slobby."

Problem with wearing a suit and tie to Disneyland these days is that everyone thinks you work there! "Scuse me...where's the nearest restroom?"

So, stop at Guest Relations and ask for a "I Don't Know Where the Restrooms Are" badge.

Comment

they would run out of those real quick
          You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Shoooot.I know I do!

Dont we look dandy?

:yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Comment

Re: Does anyone dress up in there &quot;Sunday Best&quot; when visiting Disneyland anymore?

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
              Most of us have probably seen old pictures or film reels/youtube videos of the guests of yesterday visiting Disneyland Park wearing there "Sunday Bests" hats, ties, jackets, dresses etc. Does anyone here still dress up in there "Sunday Best" when visiting the park. I think it would be fun to dress up a bit and visit the park, it feels nice wearing nice clothes and would be fun to do one in a while to give the park a different flavor.
              I can't be the only one who feels like dressing up in "Sunday Best" attire to visit the park would be fun. Tell me i'm not the only one!
              TIP: DON'T GO IN YOUR SUNDAY BEST!!
              sigpic

Comment

Re: Does anyone dress up in there &quot;Sunday Best&quot; when visiting Disneyland anymore?

A suit, a tie, and a topcoat can be cozy during the Christmas season at Disneyland. That combination does not work as well in the middle of August, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                  Maybe we should have a MC Meet where we all dress up and see what happens!
                  I'm down, pick a date liz

perferably in a more wintery month
                  Is this haunted signature
                  actually
                  stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                  Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                  also known as...
                  Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by *SallyStitches* View Post
                    Shoooot.I know I do!

Dont we look dandy?
                    I love it.
                    Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsLilo View Post
                      The only time I dressed up to go to DL was when I had lunch at Club 33. Other than that I'm going to dress so I'm comfortable all day at the park.

I don't think many people in the 50's spent as much time in the parks as we do today. There wasn't as much to see. We were lucky if Dad would be willing to stay more than a few hours after lunch. Yes we dressed nice. That's what you did for a family outing unless you were camping.

Today though when my wife and I go to Disneyland we dress for endurance and comfort because we're there from rope drop to park closing.
                      sigpic The one and only...The Original...
                      :yea:Mountain Man

Comment

"put on your Sunday clothes when you feel down and out, street down the street and have your picture took.dress like a dream your spirits seem to turn about...the sunday shine is that certain time when you feel as good as you look!" This song is in my head now. I have to walk down main street.

Comment

I've often looked at those old pictures and wondered how we got to this point. That said, I wouldn't have wanted to wear heels (nor expected men to wear hot jackets) to tour a theme park - ever!

ETA - I'm horrible about it, to be honest! I wear capri pants (I almost always to to WDW - so it's a LOT more humid/hot there) and a t-shirt.
                          This year, I made tops for all our group and a dress for me, and I was quite comfortable. But the 'style' stopped quickly - I was wearing Crocs with my dress. LOL

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                          my church has a "come as you are" dress code, so i they means jeans and a t-shirt, thats what it is...

if the house of God doesn't expect me to dress up, why should the house of Walt?
                          I don't dress up for church because somebody expects it (or doesn't expect it). I dress up as a sign of respect to God. My 2 cents on that is that one should dress to the best of their ability (finances included). If you can afford a suit/nice dress, then by all means you should dress up for church as a sign of respect. If all you can afford is a pair of blue jeans and a t-shirt, then wear that. (just show respect by having them clean and no inappropriate sayings on the shirt etc) The ultimate answer is that we are there to worship and what we wear isn't important, but showing respect is important.
                          Last edited by TravelinGal; 10-27-2007, 06:35 AM.
                          Robin

Comment

Here's a little slide show of the outfits we wore in Sept/Oct (little over a month ago) - some were t-shirts and some were the outfits I sewed for our group. -- note I AM wearing a dress in 3 of them, but nothing like the way folks dressed up 'back then'

Robin

Comment

I wouldn't dress up for any park unless I'm going somewhere nice (like if I ever got into Club 33, I'd show up in something a little fancier).

Walking through the park is exercise for me - I wouldn't do that in heels and a dress! Women used to dress up to clean their homes also, but I'm glad I don't have to do that either. (and my DH is happy he doesn't have to wear a suit and tie for work).

Denise
                              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                              on Bay Lake.

Comment

Yup. Sometimes it's fun to wear something a littler nicer as long as it's also comfortable. We always get lots of compliments when we make the effort.
                                See you on Bats Day !

Comment

I typically go for comfortable/casual when I go but when I went to visit the Disney Gallery the weekend before they closed it I did go in this green summer dress and Mary Poppins said I had a lovely dress and asked if I was going to tea. I was a tad startled by her walking right by me and complimenting me but it put a smile on my face. But I would never be able to wear heels to Disneyland.
                                  http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                                  www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                                  http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

I'd rather be comfortable than wear heels and twist my ankle.

A lot of you seem to be forgetting that "Sunday best" was the attire that people almost always wore, no matter where they were. That was just the time period. That doesn't make us currently to be slobs, it's just that society's standards on dress codes have changed to be more forgiving and comfortable now.

But what I wear is appropriate.

I do enjoy wearing dresses, however, and if the weather was nice, I would wear a little sun dress to the park.

And of course I'd dress nicer if I went to Club 33 or maybe even Napa Rose.

Comment

I've rarely attended a church that expects anyone to dress up. It's nice to get dressed up occasionally, but not when I'm walking more than a short distance. I'm glad that times have changed - the last thing I'd want is some sort of wardrobe malfunction on Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, or having a blouse doused on Splash. Or having anyone taking photos as I'm walking up the steps to Tarzans Treehouse! Times have different in more ways than one.
                                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                                        I've rarely attended a church that expects anyone to dress up. It's nice to get dressed up occasionally, but not when I'm walking more than a short distance. I'm glad that times have changed - the last thing I'd want is some sort of wardrobe malfunction on Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, or having a blouse doused on Splash. Or having anyone taking photos as I'm walking up the steps to Tarzans Treehouse! Times have different in more ways than one.
                                        Yeah, back then women had to wear dresses even in sports. Dresses just do not make very good play clothes unless you don't mind the public occasionally getting a good look at your underwear. I'm perfectly fine with the times changing to allow women to wear pants and realistic shoes for normal activities.

Comment

Originally posted by cerpin taxt View Post
                                          Yeah, back then women had to wear dresses even in sports. Dresses just do not make very good play clothes unless you don't mind the public occasionally getting a good look at your underwear. I'm perfectly fine with the times changing to allow women to wear pants and realistic shoes for normal activities.
                                          And these days, an underwear flash might show up on YouTube.

Whenever I see someone in high heels (occasionally stilettos and a dress) just walking around the parks, it pains me! I feel we've come a long way since the 50's. For the most part, I don't care what anyone wears - as long as it doesn't include swear words, body parts that are generally not reserved for outside the house, and Heelys. I don't really like seeing shorts with large slogans across the back either, especially on kids. It's like "everyone in the park, look at my butt"! But most people dress very appropriately for a theme park. Shorts, t-shirts, jeans, whatever.
                                          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X