Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win The Lottery? Pay Disney To Build YOUR Dream Attraction!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win The Lottery? Pay Disney To Build YOUR Dream Attraction!

Okay, so I had a random thought come into my head about a week ago...and here it is.

If you were to win the MegaMillions Lottery, let's say after taxes you come away with a lump sum of $175 million, would you go to Disney and offer to pay for an attraction to get built that you've had an idea for? For example someone earlier created a thread about the lack of The Lion King being in Disneyland/DCA. Then let's say this person won the $175 million mentioned above. They could then potentially contact Disney and tell them that they'd like to pay for an attraction to get built based on The Lion King.

I know there are a lot of technicalities to be worked out. Contractual issues, not wanting to seem too pompous and piss the actual Imagineers off, etc.

What I'm wanting to know is if you had the money to build a Disney attraction at Disneyland or California Adventure would you?

...Joe...
    Heck yes! I'd open up my bank account in a flash!
    56.67%
    No way! I leave that kind of stuff to the professionals!
    23.33%
    I don't know/Unsure.
    10.00%
    Other (Please explain below).
    10.00%

Re: Win The Lottery? Pay Disney To Build YOUR Dream Attraction!

I think about this all the time LOL. Yah. This would rock. But what to have them build? I have too many ideas. It would be hard to choose.

Comment

I voted yes...I'd probably wait a while, though. Mull things over. Figure out an idea that really needs to be shared. And determine how much to give to charity and how much to keep for myself...

Comment

Paying to build an attraction is one thing.

Paying to maintain, staff and operate an attraction is another.

Does your idea include payment for that too? Lotsa $$$$

What if the suits at Disney didn't think that YOUR idea was appealing to the MASSES?

What if logistically, it couldn't be worked out?

What if, what if, what if...

It's not just as simple as coming up with an idea and paying for it.

Nice idea though...

And good luck with the lottery!

Comment

It's a hypothetical question though. And there *is* a possibility they would take the money and build the ride. They would try to find an ongoing sponsor. And they would be careful not to build something that they thought would not work. But I think that's part of the plan here: to convince them that it will work and is a good idea. Would you try?

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
            Paying to build an attraction is one thing.

Paying to maintain, staff and operate an attraction is another.

Does your idea include payment for that too? Lotsa $$$$

What if the suits at Disney didn't think that YOUR idea was appealing to the MASSES?

What if logistically, it couldn't be worked out?

What if, what if, what if...

It's not just as simple as coming up with an idea and paying for it.

Nice idea though...

And good luck with the lottery!
            'Tis all true. Although you have to admit if you were to wave $35 million in front of Disney's face and tell them you'd like to have a meeting with the big heads like The Big L, Baxter, etc. they'd be a bit more willing than with someone who only waves $35.

One thing about the idea in this thread is that with this kind of money you could get your attraction built, but also get into meetings with other Imagineers and other people who could help make your idea become bigger than what YOU originally thought it could be. They could help tweak it a bit so as to help appeal to the masses (as you put it).

As for the staffing and maintenence issues...I'd probably look into a sponsorship from another company. That could take care of some of the financial burden.

...Joe...

Comment

I have LOTS of ideas, and this idea sounds appealing hypothetically, but do we really all want people who have cash to burn to decide future attractions for us? It could be any random Joe here...I don't have enough faith in everyone else for this. If Disney is going to let me dictate what attraction I want, that doesn't fully stop anyone else for trying the same thing, and that kinda frightens me.

I have hopes to become an Imagineer anyway. Disney sometimes goes to other corporations to fund their attractions in building them...they don't decide what the attraction is, though (though there might be contractual issues to promote etc). So if Disney can get money from them, I don't think they should be getting money to fund attractions from me.

I'd rather save that money and make sure I have a good retirement, nice home, and a nice future for my family.

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                I have LOTS of ideas, and this idea sounds appealing hypothetically, but do we really all want people who have cash to burn to decide future attractions for us? It could be any random Joe here...I don't have enough faith in everyone else for this. If Disney is going to let me dictate what attraction I want, that doesn't fully stop anyone else for trying the same thing, and that kinda frightens me.

I have hopes to become an Imagineer anyway. Disney sometimes goes to other corporations to fund their attractions in building them...they don't decide what the attraction is, though (though there might be contractual issues to promote etc). So if Disney can get money from them, I don't think they should be getting money to fund attractions from me.

I'd rather save that money and make sure I have a good retirement, nice home, and a nice future for my family.
                Good point. It would be kind of scary if someone like OJ Simpson were to have been the one to create Superstar Limo. (I'll let your mind wander with that one.)

However, at the same time I'd like to think that Disney would be smart enough that if the idea shown to them were not a good fit that they would try to help the person convert their idea into something that could fit in with the park(s).

Perhaps the money that I'm refering to in my original post could be just the foundation to get an idea started, but not necessarily the final product.

And yes, I'd like to think a person would make sure that their family and friends, as well as themselves, are well off before investing into something like this.

...Joe...

Comment

I'm not sure about building my dream ride, but I definitely would build a replica of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse to live in. But since I don't play the lottery, I guess I'll probably have to do without.
                  Do you see the excellence of this invention?

Comment

Originally posted by derrickd View Post
                    I'm not sure about building my dream ride, but I definitely would build a replica of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse to live in. But since I don't play the lottery, I guess I'll probably have to do without.
                    LOL, that would be cool. I'd build a replica of the PeopleMover that could take me to and from the mall.

Another thought I had was that it would be kind of cool to use the money to perhaps build a hotel instead of a ride.

...Joe...

Comment

I can think of a million better ways to spend it than to give it to a multinational corporation.
                      Better to donate it to charity if you don't have the brains to spend it correctly.

Comment

Did you guys hear about the blonde who prayed to God every day that she'd win the lottery?

Finally after about a year of hearing her daily prayers, came a voice from above:

"Heather, work with me. Buy a ticket."

Comment

Originally posted by idreamofjeani View Post
                          It's a hypothetical question though. And there *is* a possibility they would take the money and build the ride. They would try to find an ongoing sponsor. And they would be careful not to build something that they thought would not work. But I think that's part of the plan here: to convince them that it will work and is a good idea. Would you try?
                          Well, in this situation, YOU would be the sponsor. You are coming to Disney with money to build an attraction, just as ATT, Chevron, Monsanto or any other corporation would.

The issue would be: would they use all that money to build the attraction? You would have to have assurances that it would.

As for oprerating costs and maintenance, Disney would take on those obligations, just as they do for the other sponsored attractions.

Sponsors provide funding with only the expectation of getting their names associated with popular Disneyland attractions and the related good PR. Outside of the satisfaction of having an attraction that you conceived in the park, what would be your 'return on investment' be? Maybe a small residule for each guests that rides it would be appropriate, but getting Disney to buy into that would be a challange.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X