This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson @ Disneyland on July 15th

For all of you who say M.J. doesnt have any place in the Magic Kingdom and is bad for DLs rep. take note...
    I was in TL waiting for Space Mountain to open on the morning of July 15th when all of the sudden... in the Buzz Stage area, the "King of Pop" himself showed up! ...Well, what I mean is... over the PA they were playing one of his songs.

So, to all who have complained about M.J. (on these boards and any board having to do with C.E. vs. HISTA) and to all, who gladly sighed of relief when Captain EO (Starring MJ) was put to rest, whats up now? If you think C.E. was canned or shouldnt be back (not that I think it has a chance, I am realistic!) because, well, MJ lives a sub-parr Disney stanard, I ask, is it a double standard to then his songs at the "Happiest Place on earth"?

Im not saying I agree with, support or condone any of M.J.s shady behaviors as of late... Im only saying that, in my opinion, it is an undeniable fact that Captain EO is superior to HISTA in every way, Michael Jackson and all!

By the way, the song that was played in the TL Terrace area was "ABC" by the Jackson 5. :evil:
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Re: Michael Jackson @ Disneyland on July 15th

ABC was his pre molestation song.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by WRDest79
      Im only saying that, in my opinion, it is an undeniable fact that Captain EO is superior to HISTA in every way, Michael Jackson and all!
      "In my opinion" and "undeniable fact" are total opposites. If it's only your opinion, it can't be fact. And if it is a proven fact (universally accepted, scientifically proven, and irrefutable), it can't really be an opinion. I could say "It is my opinion that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west." but it's an invalid statement, because it's an opinion based on a fact. (Even ignoring the fact that the sun doesn't "rise" or "set" at all, it merely comes into view as a result of the rotation of the earth.)

My point in this long-winded ind over-elaborate statement is simply this: I totally disagree with you.

I hated CE from the first time I saw it. A sci-fi super hero-type film, with such a doofus, wussy hero? Why didn't we just have the Care Bears show up and destroy the evil bad guys with rainbows from their fluffy tummies? How cuuutteee!!! Ugh. Simply awful.

HISTA is no wonder, but at least it's a bit more fun than watching Jackson prance across the screen like a more feminine, less talented Baryshnikov turning robots into breakdancers. I definitely think it's time for something new in that theatre, but given the choise between the two, I'd take HISTA any day...
      Honor those who fall under the sword.
      But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Not I. Captain EO provided so much more of a complete entertainment experience - song, dance, a celebrity, great special effects. HISTA is such a horribly paced snore, I can't believe it ever made it to a theme park. I'm sure the attendance numbers will never come close to EO regardless of how long it plays.
        Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

If you think C.E. was canned or shouldnt be back (not that I think it has a chance, I am realistic!) because, well, MJ lives a sub-parr Disney stanard, I ask, is it a double standard to then his songs at the "Happiest Place on earth"?
          They have an interesting set of tracks that play at Club Buzz. I've heard alot of ATC (my favorite Europop band), and more once-so-big one-hit wonders. I'm not suprized that M.J. is included in that list.
          -Monorail Man

Comment

Im not saying I agree with, support or condone any of M.J.s shady behaviors as of late... Im only saying that, in my opinion, it is an undeniable fact that Captain EO is superior to HISTA in every way, Michael Jackson and all!
            Probably right - but then again OJ was a hell of a football player but I don't want his autograph, see footage of him play, or have him watch my kids...

Comment

CE lasted a decade. It was an emensely popular and unique mariage of 3-D special effects, and the performing arts. After 10 years, most everyone was tired of the Captain and ready for something different - HISTA. The new film represented a welcome comedic change of pace.

After an approximate seven year run, the majority of folks have grown bored with it. I think Michael Jackson was the first HISTA hater. To the King of Pop, the replacement film might as well have been called Honey, I Shrunk Captain EO.

Should HISTA be replaced in the next year or two, Captain EO will have proven itself stronger in terms of longevity. Personally speaking, I liked both films equally well. I have a good vibe that Sky High is going to do quite well the box office - and just might be our HISTA replacement. MJ is a whacked out creep, but he is one of the most talented and unique performers of all time. Maybe he'll get up on the Tomorrowland stage and sing Dr. Pepper with the Fab Four one of these days!
              Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-17-2005, 12:07 AM.
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

For all of you who say M.J. doesnt have any place in the Magic Kingdom and is bad for DLs rep. take note...
                I was in TL waiting for Space Mountain to open on the morning of July 15th when all of the sudden... in the Buzz Stage area, the "King of Pop" himself showed up! ...Well, what I mean is... over the PA they were playing one of his songs.

So, to all who have complained about M.J. (on these boards and any board having to do with C.E. vs. HISTA) and to all, who gladly sighed of relief when Captain EO (Starring MJ) was put to rest, whats up now? If you think C.E. was canned or shouldnt be back (not that I think it has a chance, I am realistic!) because, well, MJ lives a sub-parr Disney stanard, I ask, is it a double standard to then his songs at the "Happiest Place on earth"?

By the way, the song that was played in the TL Terrace area was "ABC" by the Jackson 5. :evil:

technically they played three of his songs...

I didn't hear abc while waiting in line... i did here beat it and another one that i can't recall at the moment... i actually went over to buzz area and did some dancing for a minute when beat it came on then i went back into line where my party was waiting and lauging at me.

First post!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                  "In my opinion" and "undeniable fact" are total opposites.
                  Duh, I was being facetious.
                  "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

HISTA is due to be replaced... and once other pressing things are dealt with... and a few bucks are shaken loose, it will be. EO will never come back. So... the practical man looks toward the next NEW thing.
                    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Maybe over at DCA, they can think up some attraction starring O.J. MJ, Robert Blake, and Kobe Bryant.

Like Soarin! It can End at a Golf Course where all the Guilty people can be found, before heading off to bed at Neverland!
                      -----------------------------------------------
                      DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Isn't Michael quite fond of Disney and Disneyland in the first place?? It wouldn't suprise me if he was at Disneyland because he always showed a liking for the place and I bet he wouldn't mind taking a trip down to treat himself after being declared not-guilty. Doesn't his Neverland house resemble the train station at Disneyland with a floral out in front of it and all...?

Comment

and it is a Jackson 5 song , not a MJ song

Comment

Interesting how WRDest79 turns a thread or post on just about any subject into a shot at HISTA. I think everybody by now gets it that you have a pretty strong dislike for HISTA, but enough already.

As another poster said HISTA will be replaced soon but there are other pressing issues. Maybe it's time to get over it and move on.

Comment

If anyone is interested for your Disneyland music collection, the never-before-available Captain EO song, "We are Here to Change the World" is on MJ's latest box set.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X