Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine Cellar at Disneyland Hotel

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine Cellar at Disneyland Hotel

    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...llarDiningPage

    Has anyone ever been down there for their wine tasting? is it any good? worth the money?
    Get Busy Livin' blog : Follow me on Twitter

  • #2
    I never knew about it. I'm planning to stay in 1 of the hotels this weekend. I'll try to sneak down there and provide a report!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

    --Walt Disney

    Comment


    • #3
      heh, yeah, do that.. I might actually do that this weekend as well... i literally browsed across it while doing a google for something else
      Get Busy Livin' blog : Follow me on Twitter

      Comment


      • #4
        cool!
        sounds like something i wanna check out!
        sounds like a valentine's day idea.....hmmmm

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LAURA
          cool!
          sounds like something i wanna check out!
          sounds like a valentine's day idea.....hmmmm

          hehe, hence how I came across it

          however, it is only Wine tasting and cheese & crackers... no food, unfortunately. but still sounds good
          Get Busy Livin' blog : Follow me on Twitter

          Comment


          • #6
            I've never actually been there, but I understand that they serve appetizers and desserts from Hook's Pointe. I have eaten at Hooke's Pointe and was very impressed, excellent service, delicious food and they even had a sugar-free cheesecake for dessert.

            Right outside of Hooke's Pointe and the Winecellar, is The Lost Bar. Excellent drinks at a reasonable cost (remember this is Southern California) and a nice place to enjoy relax away from the parks. The food is not so great at The Lost Bar, it comes from Crocs, Bits & Bites and is served in cardboard and paper. Just not very appetizing.

            Comment


            • #7
              I've been to the wine cellar many times and find it a great place to unwind after a long day with the kids. They have an outstanding Calif. wine selection with many of the bottles autographed by the owners of the vineyards.The host or hostess(most of whom are long time DL employees)are very knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions you have about the wine or the rest of Disneyland.

              Comment


              • #8
                that is great to know, i think we will be visiting this weekend
                Get Busy Livin' blog : Follow me on Twitter

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Deogge's Mom
                  I've never actually been there, but I understand that they serve appetizers and desserts from Hook's Pointe.
                  Desserts, eh?

                  Yeah, I think I'll be stopping by there this weekend.
                  "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

                  --Walt Disney

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mhrc4
                    hehe, hence how I came across it

                    however, it is only Wine tasting and cheese & crackers... no food, unfortunately. but still sounds good
                    haha...still a good place to check out and unwind. my fiancee and i don't do much for valentines so this sounds like something quiet and cool to do...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LAURA
                      haha...still a good place to check out and unwind. my fiancee and i don't do much for valentines so this sounds like something quiet and cool to do...
                      yeah, i think the wife and I are going to do to DCA on Sunday for valentines day... we just got back from Paris, so are still recovering financially, so the money came in late, and everything is booked for Monday....

                      Wine tasting in the wine cellar and dinner at The Vineyard Room
                      Get Busy Livin' blog : Follow me on Twitter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Always have my daughter with me at the hotel or park, so no chance for me, but sure sounds like it would be nice. Will keep in mind for when I finally get a sitter. Hubby and I sure enjoy wine tasting elsewhere, so why not at there!
                        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                        it's what they are like in their HEART!


                        - Wolfette

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mhrc4
                          yeah, i think the wife and I are going to do to DCA on Sunday for valentines day... we just got back from Paris, so are still recovering financially, so the money came in late, and everything is booked for Monday....

                          Wine tasting in the wine cellar and dinner at The Vineyard Room
                          I'm sure your wife will enjoy that very much.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            lets hope so, I hope it is as good of an experience as it has been at Golden Vines in DCA for wine tasting, the people there were super friendly and very knowledgable. So much, that we travelled to Fess Parker's winery to purchase some of their wine we tasted in DCA
                            Get Busy Livin' blog : Follow me on Twitter

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We went this weekend. It was quite nice! The wine tasting was about $13 for 3 glasses (and quite full glasses I might add). We did a set of reds and whites. Good wine, great atmosphere, and not many people either. Can't wait to go again! Good recomendeation!
                              Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                              Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                              Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                              Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                              Marge: Pink.
                              Homer: D'oh!
                              Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
                                We went this weekend. It was quite nice! The wine tasting was about $13 for 3 glasses (and quite full glasses I might add). We did a set of reds and whites. Good wine, great atmosphere, and not many people either. Can't wait to go again! Good recomendeation!
                                we meant to go, but we got sidetracked with a few other things, and didnt end up making it up there, so we are going to have to do that this comnig weekend
                                Get Busy Livin' blog : Follow me on Twitter

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by mhrc4
                                  http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...llarDiningPage

                                  Has anyone ever been down there for their wine tasting? is it any good? worth the money?
                                  You are asking the right guy... I have been a wine insider in Napa Valley for the last five years...

                                  I have been there and trolled through their wine list... Not bad, but not great, there are some holes in their portfolio... They have some interesting high end wines that you aren't going to find many places...

                                  From a wine insider's perspective I feel Catal's by the glass wine list is better...

                                  Napa Rose is interesting to look at their menu, because every meal comes with a wine parring (which explains the high prices) because they may have to open a bottle just for you...

                                  The Wine Bar in DCA is very generic, with little selection... (I am not very comfortable with a wine attraction in DCA it isn't very family friendly.)

                                  I do have a recomendation that you try going to the events that are held by the Orange County Wine Society at the Anaheim Hilton - across the street from Disneyland. The entrance fee can be a bit pricey... But you get an industry insider's view at what a trade show is like.

                                  I have poured there... they have events twice a year (once in the spring and once in the fall.) Infact one should be coming up soon.

                                  The best wine list of them all is at HighTimes... They have everything, and if they don't have a wine in stock they will find it for you...

                                  What ever you do, stay away from Temecula... YUCK... It isn't anything like Napa Valley... Santa Barbara/Bulton area is 100 times better... Particularly the Chardonnay and the Pinot Noir... (Yes, just like Sideways - the Hitching Post's Highlander is terrific... And I like Dan Geirs too...)

                                  I am surprised that DCA doesn't have a "wine and food festival" like Epcot.
                                  Check out my other blog:

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Even if you're not the wine connoisseur, it's still a great place to sit back, enjoy a glass and reminisce the good ol' days of Disney.
                                    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                                    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                                    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                                    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                                    Marge: Pink.
                                    Homer: D'oh!
                                    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      i agree cuzco!
                                      I wanted to go yesterday but i got side tracked with stuff I had to do for my wedding....and I wanted to go tonight but my fiance is working late and will be out after they close
                                      Maybe on another day because I really want to check that place out

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by LAURA
                                        i agree cuzco!
                                        I wanted to go yesterday but i got side tracked with stuff I had to do for my wedding....and I wanted to go tonight but my fiance is working late and will be out after they close
                                        Maybe on another day because I really want to check that place out
                                        Do try. And congrats, Laura, on the upcoming wed! Will it be...dare I ask..at Dl??
                                        Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                                        Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                                        Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                                        Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                                        Marge: Pink.
                                        Homer: D'oh!
                                        Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X