This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closures due to parade/FW

I generally know what closes for parades (SBL) and that Toontown, much of FL and the trains stop during the fireworks. But was wondering:
    Does the Matterhorn close for parades, or just the FL queue?
    Is there a predictable time for when these things will reopen (esp. the RR)?
    Have I forgotten anything?

Thanks.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Re: closures due to parade/FW

Matterhorn does not close for the parade. Just that side of the queue.

The Railroad, Toontown, Snow White, Pinnochio, Peter Pan, Toad and Alice will all close for the fireworks.

If it's parade time, the RR may get stopped after Small World to let the parade go through, but it won't be closed.

Comment

They wills start opping off FL around 8:45ish and be all clear at 9:00 P.M and the walkways to FL as well. TT closes at 8:30 P.M, it shoudl say so on a sign out front by the entrance.

The monorail also closes for the fireworks, I think at 8:30, they will spiel it.

The RR will close for the fireworkd due to a certain wind condition.

Comment

Do the close off Fantasyland entireley? I have always wanted to watch the show from behind the Castle.

Comment

My son's happened to be on the matterhorn during the fireworks they said it was pretty neat to see them while on the ride.
          sigpic

Comment

My son's happened to be on the matterhorn during the fireworks they said it was pretty neat to see them while on the ride.
            Indeed it is! I haven't seen the current show from the Matterhorn, but I did ride during a fireworks show about five years ago. It was very cool. You get more of a sense of three-dimensionality.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
              Do the close off Fantasyland entireley? I have always wanted to watch the show from behind the Castle.
              No, they close from the carosuel(sp?) all the way to inside the castle. By the way, they also close king's Arthur's Carosel(sp?).

Comment

I've seen Remember from behind the castle. While it's crowded, it's nice. The dark rides and carousel all close, but you still get that great view of Tinkerbell. If feels like she's more over you. It's also neat to ride Matterhorn while Remember is going on, too.

Comment

Thanks for the info; anyone know the procedures for when things reopen?

BTW, I have seen Remember from iasw, and it is good from there. You do miss some effects, and only get a glimpse of Tink. But you're closer to where the 'splosions are, and the white building works better for projections than the Castle. And you can get a great spot only 10 minutes in advance.

Cheers.
                  Remember
                  What the dormouse said
                  Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Small World can close for fireworks too depending on wind.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X