This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend: No decorations? Plus, Ridemax

I'm heading to Disneyland and California Adventure this Saturday, 11/3, and wonder what will be happening with the decorations. Halloweentime ends on Halloween, and I figure the holiday decor won't be out yet. Will we (gasp) be left with decor-less Disneyland?!

Also, this will be our first trip using Ridemax. I'm excited to try it out as it is giving us very nice schedules. Based on starting at the park anywhere from 8:30 to 9:30 we spend the morning on a few smaller rides and collecting Fastpasses, then we have about 7 hours off to have lunch in Downtown Disney and to explore CA before returning to DL to use up our Fastpasses. It'll be a long day, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

(Ridemax predicts a 99-minute wait for Nemo at 11:10 p.m., by the way. That'll put my "long day" proclamation to the test.)

Re: This weekend: No decorations? Plus, Ridemax

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
    I'm heading to Disneyland and California Adventure this Saturday, 11/3, and wonder what will be happening with the decorations. Halloweentime ends on Halloween, and I figure the holiday decor won't be out yet. Will we (gasp) be left with decor-less Disneyland?!

Also, this will be our first trip using Ridemax. I'm excited to try it out as it is giving us very nice schedules. Based on starting at the park anywhere from 8:30 to 9:30 we spend the morning on a few smaller rides and collecting Fastpasses, then we have about 7 hours off to have lunch in Downtown Disney and to explore CA before returning to DL to use up our Fastpasses. It'll be a long day, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

(Ridemax predicts a 99-minute wait for Nemo at 11:10 p.m., by the way. That'll put my "long day" proclamation to the test.)
    So wait. Ridemax is making you purchase a full day park admission ticket to then spend 7 hours OUTSIDE of the park before you can ride any of the major attractions? That doesn't make much sense...especially since many lines in Disneyland are not really all that long to begin with.
    Class of 2005...

Comment

Ridemax is so lame. I can't believe people use it. It doesn't really add anything to your trip. You'd have just as much fun without it if you do a little research before leaving for Disneyland.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't spend 7 hours waiting around. I'd use that time to visit Mansion, Pirates, Pirate Island, Tiki Room, Pooh, Jungle Cruise, and the other attractions with quick lines. There is a lot to do at Disneyland on even the most crowded days. Don't let Ridemax tell you otherwise.
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
        Save

Comment

The reason for the gap is that I told Ridemax we would get in line for our last ride at 11 p.m. If I put in an earlier time, it would bunch things up a lot more. Or I could add more rides to the list to fill all that time.

As it is, we're spending all day at the two parks, and Ridemax is going to help us do that with a bare minimum of waiting in line. If you exclude the 99-minute wait for Nemo, it's predicting only 148 minutes of waiting for 14 rides at Disneyland (I haven't run DCA yet). Granted this probably won't be a superbusy weekend, but we're still talking about a Saturday at Disneyland where lots of people will spend 148 minutes just waiting for Splash and Space Mountains.

As someone who goes to the park at most once a year, I'm not an expert on park-going strategy. I may never use Ridemax again, but I think it's going to be a helpful guide. And if it isn't, we can throw it out and do our own thing!

Comment

I just don't get how they can 'predict' how long lines will be.

My thoughts: Get there early, go to FL first do some of those rides and Matterhorn. Go get Space FP's. Have Bfast at Tomorrowland Terrace. Head over and do Indy, Pirates, Mansion, Pooh, get FP's for Splash. Do the Canoes and Pirate Island. Hit Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room. Go use your Space FP and then get one for Buzz. Head to DCA. Get Soarin' FP's, head for Tower and Monsters. Head up to Paradise Pier, Grab FP for Mullholland Madness, ride Screamin', Sun Wheel, see Golden Screams. Use FP for Mullholland Madness and Soarin' and your done with DCA. Head back to DL use FP's for Splash, Buzz. Go to ToonTown ride Roger Rabbit and then you have the rest of the night for Fireworks or re-rides before getting in line for Nemo at 11pm.

Comment

I haven't used Ridemax in a while (over a year ago when I had friends visiting that had a very limited time in CA and at the park.).

But I would strongly suggest you run several scenarios with the rides you wish to ride at different times this will eliminate that 7 hour gap.

So take Fantasyland rides only and tell it you want to arrive at park opening and be done by say 11am or noon. Then choose another set of rides (NOS, CC, etc) and put in 1pm to say 4pm, and another set from 5pm to 9pm, etc (and you can take one of those time blocks and use it for DCA too).

This way you actually can plan to do more and hit some things maybe you were not planning on being able to (parades, shows etc). I have found both line waits and FP return times with Ridemax to be fairly accurate actually, and usually you end up running ahead of schedule.

The biggest issue I have is with collecting FPs, because it can be hard to manage when you are following a touring schedule.

Also, I have no idea about the decorations sorry!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. Remember, though: we want to have the gap in the middle of the day because we're using that time to go to DCA (it fits quite easily into a 6 or 7 hour gap).

We've been to Disneyland enough to know what we like and what we want to do. The main thing Ridemax is doing is reminding us when to collect Fastpasses. The secondary thing it is doing is keeping us from waiting in a long line for an attraction because "well, it's not gonna get any shorter later."

After using it once, we'll probably be able to do the same thing ourselves without the help of Ridemax, but I think it's going to be helpful. If it isn't, it's not like we're stuck on a bus tour! We can just toss the plan and do whatever we feel like (Fantasmic, fireworks, peoplewatching, etc.).

Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                  I just don't get how they can 'predict' how long lines will be.
                  Anyone can predict.
                  I don't get how they can charge for their predictions. And sleep at night.

This weekend should be relatively light, what with the next weekend's Veteran's Day long weekend (is that right?) and other tourists' waiting for the long T-Giving weekend.
                  Of course, now that I've said that here at MiceChat, everyone will be showing up.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X