This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Labor at Disneyland

My wife began labor at Disneyland; we left went to the hospital, like normal people.
    Originally posted by Aristocat
    I miss David.
    Originally posted by Ginarella
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

Not sure about a child born in Disneyland. But if a baby is born on DCA property it is mercifully put out of its misery.

Comment

Updating this thread with something the Opus Archives just gave birth to...an article on supposedly the first baby born inside Disneyland. Now I would suggest that readers take this "fact" with a possible grain of salt, as I seem to recall Park births before this one. But old dates and years do get a bit all blurred together as you get older.

So from the Opus Archives and the August 1979 edition of "Disney Times" (which was a large full sized newspaper-type monthly employee newsletter for the company...issued from the Burbank studios)...here it is:

That little baby would be 29 years old today. Wonder how she's doing?

Comment

Dup. See above. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Momeraths View Post
            I heard that if you go into labor at Disneyland, your baby gets to go to Disneyland for free for the rest of his/her's life. Has anyone ever heard of this? My bosses best friend keeps going there on her labor day hoping it would happen but it hasn't yet.
            No it's not true.
            Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
              Any sane woman would take the safety and cleanliness of a hospital. And let's not forget the fact that there's trained staff and epidurals accessible there as well...

Yeesh. Some people are wackos. Serves those people right to be told no.
              And that is the truth. If my wife hadn't of been at a hospital with an extremely good staff, our first child would of been still born. My daughter wrapped herself up with the umbilical cord and hung herself. If it wasn't for an excellent doctor performing a fast emergency C-section, my daughter wouldn't be here today.

Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
              Sure Disneyland isnt as Clean as Hospital, but never the less Disneyland does have cast Members that are trained to handle such situations and more. They are in Great Hands...
              Not that well trained, plus I just don't see Disneyland having that kind of medical facilities.

Step back and think about that for just a second. You intentionally keep going to DL to have your child born there. Some unforseen circumstance happens and your child or the mom dies during child birth that could have been prevented at a hospital. What a horrible and disturbing memory that would be.
              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Me thinks someone has fallen under the spell of a rumor. No one has ever been given a lifetime pass for being born in the park - somewhere on snopes it debunks this rumor.

Comment

it is not true. A woman went into labor in the main entrance ticket takers lead shack some time in 2003 or 2004. the Paramedics arrived and took her and kid to the hospital. No Lifetime Pass was issued, although it is POSSIBLE that they were issued replacement comps for their lost day.
                  "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
                  Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
                  "
                  -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X