Can you buy a new SoCal AP to get into the park on New Year's Eve?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pressler69
    Sock Puppet
    • Oct 2007

Can you buy a new SoCal AP to get into the park on New Year's Eve?

Since Disneyland allows you to purchase a lower level annual pass on a blockout date and allows you to go into the park to get your card processed, do they still allow this on New Year's Eve, one of the most crowded days of the year?

It seems like it could be a pretty big loophole for people who are going to get a SoCal pass anyway but want to visit on New Year's.
  • Darkbeer
    Darkbeer
    • Jan 2005

Re: Can you buy a new SoCal AP to get into the park on New Year's Eve?

Almost Yes...

It depends when you buy the AP and how crowded it will be.

The park starts to restrict attendance based on levels.

The first level is to stop selling Single Day, Single Park ticket.

Then they stop selling Single Day ParkHoppers.

Then they start to stop selling multi-day tickets that allow you into Disneyland, including AP's. But they will sell you vouchers that allow you into DCA on 12/31, but not Disneyland if the crowds are big.

Then they stop allowing folks with admission, such as AP holders, and ParkHopper tickets that have not yet been used for admission on 12/31.

Then they get even tougher...

But then if you buy an SoCal AP voucher in advance (online is the best option, use the print at home, aka e-ticket option) then you can bypass the first few levels, but no matter what, you need to be at the park in the first few hours, otherwise there is little chance of you getting into Disneyland due to the capacity crowds.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• Pressler69
      Sock Puppet
      • Oct 2007

Oh, I understand the issue about crowds.

If I were to do this I would show up before opening at the very least and never leave the park. I've never been to the park on New Year's and it seems like a good idea to get a new one that day since mine expires in a month and a half anyway. I want to experience the chaos, but I don't really want to pay for it, you know?

It just seems like I shouldn't be able to do that, considering how crowded it is. I guess few people take advantage of it so they don't disallow people to buy lower level APs on even the most crowded days.

Comment

• Darkbeer
        Darkbeer
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
        Oh, I understand the issue about crowds.

If I were to do this I would show up before opening at the very least and never leave the park. I've never been to the park on New Year's and it seems like a good idea to get a new one that day since mine expires in a month and a half anyway. I want to experience the chaos, but I don't really want to pay for it, you know?

It just seems like I shouldn't be able to do that, considering how crowded it is. I guess few people take advantage of it so they don't disallow people to buy lower level APs on even the most crowded days.
        There is a Balance between trying to sell all type of tickets, and telling folks you "can't" buy a ticket on a certain day.

The way the system works, they stop selling Single Day tickets first, because they WANT to get folks to spend more money or multi-day tickets and AP's. That is why AP's are not cut off at first, Disney would rather get more money up front and not worry about future visits.

Yes, it is a way to take advantage of the "system", but only a few folks really do it.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• sir clinksalot
          MiceChatter
          • Feb 2005

I think what Darkbeer is saying is that the earlier you get there, the better. If you get there early, you should be fine.

Comment

• TheDude
            The Fantasyland guy
            • Jan 2005

I used to get my deluxe AP's on 12/31 so I could get a completely free day that I normally would not receive.

of course that was before I started buying the premium passes, so now I don't have to worry about it. Now I get my pass every year on July 17th, just so I can say I did.

Comment

• sediment
              Banned User
              • Jan 2005

So, it seems the strategy is to:
              1. Get there early.
              2. Buy a multi-day pass at a cost that is lower than the SoCal AP price.
              3. Enter DL.
              4. Convert multi-day pass to SoCal AP some time during the day.

You could probably do this every year, until NYE becomes a hard-ticket event. (Not in the plans, but a good idea nonetheless.)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X