This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night at the Museum Ride?

Okay, I know it wasn't a Disney movie (which just thinking about that makes me a bit angry- but I'm not going into that right now), but I was watching Night at the Musuem the other night and thought it would make an awesome ride at Disneyland. My idea would be a dark ride that would take you through the museum with everything coming to life. I think it would a perfect addition to New Orlean's Square, if there's any room left in there. What are your thoughts? Should Disney be making rides out of other studios films? Is this one movie that should get a ride at the park?

Re: Night at the Museum Ride?

Great film and good attraction opportunities, just not for us though....Disney should stick to their own entities...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Considering Fox is working overtime to rush out a sequel with one of the most overexposed screen guys out there today, Ben Stiller, I don't see Disney getting anywhere near this.

The "next big thing" will come from home.
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I just hope it's not putting a Eddie Murphy figure on Haunted Mansion.
        Growing older is manditory
        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Incredible View Post
          Should Disney be making rides out of other studios films? Is this one movie that should get a ride at the park?

I was going to comment about how that should never happen...

Then I remembered IJ and ST.

I don't want to add anymore. Disneyland is just that..... Disneyland
          All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Considering how much I enjoy Star Tours and especially Indiana Jones, you'd think I'd be more open to non-Disney franchises entering the park. But I still have a little bit of a problem with it.

That being said, I'd welcome any really good idea, regardless of the source. Night at the Museum...I dunno, it could certainly work well as a ride, but I don't think it'd really feel like a Disney ride, honestly. Not sure why. Star Tours and Indy feel like Disney rides to me.

Comment

speaking of Night at the Museum (obviously). I was at the Museum of Natural History this weekend, and looking at the mammal displays reminded me of Primieval world and how much work it needs. if the museum can do it, why the heck can't disney kick the displays up a notch along the railroad?
              You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Comment

I was a background actor in that movie. The set designs they did were incredible.

Comment

I may be in the minority but I hated that movie. I did enjoy seeing [censored] Van [censored] on screen again but that was it.

The ride would basically be a combination of Jungle Cruise and Dinosaur and Ellen's Universe of Energy all rolled into one hodge-podge no identity of a attraction that belongs nowhere.

If Fox had a theme park though..... it would be perfect for them.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Why so negative about a non- Disney movie in at Disneyland. They've been doing rides based on other studios films even when Walt was alive. Isn't Jungle Cruise supposed to be based on The African Queen? And what about Indiana Jones, Star Tours, The Twilight Zone and all those Pixar rides they had before they bought Pixar? And considering that Disney doesn't make "Disney movies" (ones that are simple family fun that don't alienate or offend anyone and are suitable for a family to take anyone from their four year old kids to their 80 year old grandparents and they'll all enjoy it) anymore, and NATM really should have been a Disney movie, it just happened to be released by Fox, why can't they play let's make a deal and get it into the parks. Would you rather have another Pixar ride or something that different for a change and could work in the theme of the area?

Comment

First of all it took place at the MofNH in NYC, so I don't think it's a fit for DCA or New Orleans Square.

Maybe if they add a Fox Movies Based in New York land, it'll be a fit.

Indy and Star Tours were brought aboard because the filmmakers were involved in the movie and then the DL ride.

Comment

Haven't seen NATM. I didn't think it would was gonna be a blockbuster it with an upcoming sequel. I'll see it eventually. IF they did bring an attraction based on this movie to Disneyland Resort, why not DCA? Say... replacing the San Francisco Bay with a Discovery Bay theme...

Other than that, I wouldn't be too excited.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                        -Jurassic Park

Comment

The thing with the Star Tours, Indy, and Tower is that they all could have been done without the franchises they represent if you think about it, its all just name recognition...almost like a really big sponsorship. A Night at the Museum was a great film and would be a good attraction but once again, I think it could be better placed elsewhere. Overall there should be more attractions without a familiar face and a spoonfed storyline...
                          You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

I thought the concept was a fun idea on paper, BUT the movie was awful. It was just flat-out bad and there was nothing Owen Wilson's small, humorous character could do to save it.

Maybe a ride sort of stealing a basic idea from the movie (a museum coming to life of sorts), but not based on a movie with a 6.5 IMDB rating and a 44% freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

I am SO ready for a Disney attraction based on an original concept at this point. This notion has completely escaped the Disney company over the last many years.

Disney is kind of the Barry Manilow of theme parks. Seriously though, they can both take an existing song/concept (Barry with his cover songs and Disney with their Pixar movies/rides) and have success with it today, but they also both seem incapable of creating an original smash hit of their own in this day and age.

Barry has about as much of a shot of coming up with a new "Copacabana" as Disney does a Haunted Mansion. It's probably not going to happen.

Comment

^ Great comparision Kissman LOL! Soft rock + Theme Park = Soft park.

Comment

And DCA is like the KISS of rock bands.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                                  And DCA is like the KISS of rock bands.
                                  While I might take this as a compliment, I think this is actually a veiled slight!

Comment

True, I am more of a fan of KISSMan on Micechat than of KISS the band.

It was good natured ribbing, put it that way.

Comment

They could morph Dinosaur! at Animal Kingdom....honestly that ride is halfway there. And it could use a better story. Or you could add it to DCA and call it "Night at the La Brea Tar Pits". :lol:
                                      Last edited by HeyBaloo; 11-02-2007, 12:15 PM.
                                      Hello everyone!

Comment

I loved this movie (Mickey Rooney and Dick Van Dyke were awesome) but I don't think it would really work as a ride. I think the storyline just doesn't translate.

I wish Disney would visit some classic ideas: haunted houses, adventures on the seas and come up with a brand new "classic" idea.
                                        sigpic
                                        Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X