This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Coined the Phrase...

I just heard someone say that Walt came up with the phrase "The Happiest Place on Earth". I can't find the quote confirmed to Walt. Does anyone know with certainty one way or another? Thanks!

Re: Who Coined the Phrase...

Hmmm...interesting question. Dunno!

Comment

There is no confirmation of who actually came up with the phrase. I asked a VERY knowledgeable source and there is no proof if it was walt or who it was

Comment

Even Neal Gabler doesn't know for sure who said it. It's source is probably lost forever to time like the origin of the name Davy Jones.
        Zoe Necrosis
        Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Comment

Originally posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
          Even Neal Gabler doesn't know for sure who said it. It's source is probably lost forever to time like the origin of the name Davy Jones.
          Thanks so much for the replies. The person saying it said it as a matter of fact and I couldn't put my finger on the definitive reference to being that certain. You've answer my question. Lost in the mists of time

Comment

Walt Disney was a studio chief who employed a large number of writers and publicists to help him come up with the words he wanted to use to express his ideas in public speeches.

That's like saying a quote from the President of the U.S. was 'in their own words'.

Only insomuch as they spoke them. Probably didn't write them to begin with.

Comment

Wasn't it one of the first Marketing Executives that came up with the phrase?? I believe I read that somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.
              Class of 2005...

Comment

I thought I remember reading that no one is 100% sure, but someone that was not part of the Disney company, but was writing for a news paper, is credited to have the earliest official reference to the term.

Comment

When they unfreeze Walt from his cryogenic chamber under the matterhorn next to the basketball court below the ice hockey rink, we can ask him!

Comment

Do we at least know who was responsible for abolishing the phrase?

It's sad that it isn't officially considered the happiest place on Earth anymore.

Comment

Rasulo gets the lions' share of the blame.

Comment

It's sad that it isn't officially considered the happiest place on Earth anymore.
                        un fortunatly most people don't understand the power of disneyland
                        sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Walt Disney did say that he wanted Disneyland to be a "happy place".

It's not much of a stretch to extend that concept to the term, "happiest place", since superlatives are used all the time in developing trademarks.

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                            I thought I remember reading that no one is 100% sure, but someone that was not part of the Disney company, but was writing for a news paper, is credited to have the earliest official reference to the term.
                            That's the story that was still being told about 20 years ago regarding the phrase "the happiest place on earth."

But the use of the word "happiest" in the context of Disneyland was all over the place well before that. Even the early "Disneyland" TV show introductions (long before the Park was opened) announced Fantasyland as "...the happiest kingdom of them all."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X