• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coheteboy
    replied
    Re: Rocket rods ride.

Originally posted by nzl kiwi View Post
    ok thanks. Have not been to disneyland to ride Buzz Lightyear so sounds like fun ride to replace rocket rods.

In actuality, the Rocket Rods replaced both Circle Vision and People Mover.

When it closed, it opened both spots up. The People Mover / Rocket Rods track remains.

Buzz Lightyear basically took over the Circle Vision building, which was the queue for Rocket Rods.

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by nzl kiwi View Post
    ok thanks. Have not been to disneyland to ride Buzz Lightyear so sounds like fun ride to replace rocket rods.
    Setting the theme problem I personally have with it aside, the ride itself is pretty fun and interactive.

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

I'm in the minority here, but in an ideal world, I'd take the Rocket Rods over BLAB.

Leave a comment:

• nzl kiwi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

My first trip to Disneyland was the first and only time I rode Rocket Rods. I thought it was so cool. But, because of the high speed, I kinda expected it to break down. It was a fun ride though.

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

Welcome to Mice Chat!

Rocket Rods closed for various reasons depending on who you talk to. Apparently there were constant break downs and the ride itself was not well conceived. It went down one day (for maintanance) and never reopened from what I have heard.

Leave a comment:

• HeyBaloo
    replied

Rocket Rods was a maintence nightmare, and was constanly breaking down. If you do a Rocket Rods search on this site you will find more than you might want to know. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Zoe Necrosis
    replied

Firstly, the track construction was farmed out to a bunch of shinebox contractors and it fell apart. The immediate problem was that it was a high-speed ride retrofitted onto the Peoplemover track, a slow-moving ride with almost no incline or tilt. Therefore onboard electrical engines had the cars eccellerating and decelerating all day long, as the track did not bank. It broke down constantly.

In other words, they attempted to create a high-speed ride that in no way relies on centrifical force. Eventually they boarded it up, shrugged their shoulders and walked away after muttering something indecipherable. Years later the queue building reopened as Buzz Light Year's Astro Blasters, thus destroying any possibility of the building either returning to it's orignal purpose (Circlevision) or being used as the queue for a revamped or reimagined version of either the Rocket Rods or Peoplemover.

Leave a comment:

• ralfrick
    replied

It broke down constantly.
    The track was never done properly with banked tuns so they were constantly slowing to a crawl, then speeding up as soon as there was something to look at.
    The "special effects" were too embarrassing to even discuss.

Rocket Rods-almost fun while very nearly pointless.

A bientot.

Leave a comment:

• nzl kiwi
    started a topic Rocket rods ride.

Rocket rods ride.

I dont live in USA,so dont know everything thats going on. My first visit to Disneyland there was a ride called rocket rods. I dont think it had been opened long as queues were quite long. Why is the ride not operating anymore? Thanks.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X