This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Diorama Is Your Favorite?

Between the two dioramas that can currently be seen while riding the Disneyland Railroad after the Tomorrowland Station, which is your favorite?

My personal favorite is the Primeval World. I absolutely LOVE the giant snails and dragonflies! If I could buy a piece of Disneyland history one of those would be it!

What do you guys have to say?

...Joe...
    Grand Canyon
    22.95%
    Primeval World
    63.93%
    I don't know/Unsure
    4.92%
    Neither, I don't like them.
    8.20%

Re: Which Diorama Is Your Favorite?

I'm with you!!! I love that part too!

Comment

Primeval World. It means I'm getting closer to Main Street, which means I'm getting closer to the tracks behind the Jungle Cruise, which means I'm getting closer to views of the Indiana Jones show building. :evil:

No, but seriously...okay, wait, I am serious about that one...but anyway, the Primeval World diorama tickles my childhood obsession with dinosaurs. It also feels much less like...well, a diorama. It's more like a huge scene from a dark ride. I think Primeval World benefits enormously from having actual animatronics as opposed to the museumlike taxidermic specimens in the Grand Canyon.

Anyone else love the lava effect behind the T-rex's final scene? And speaking of which...anyone else bothered by the fact that you can't see the top of the T-rex's head in said scene? Maybe that's just because I'm always in the back row, eager to turn around for Indy show building pictures...

Comment

i used to like the dinasour scene, seeing the rex vs. stego fight was my fav, but now that i'm older i love the grand canyon, in a way it's the calm before the storm (or time shift in this place)
        sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

By the way, I've been waiting for an opportunity to ask--what are the pieces of music that accompany the dioramas?

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
            ...anyone else bothered by the fact that you can't see the top of the T-rex's head in said scene? ...
            YES! Actually, that does bug me, now that you mention it!!!!!!

Comment

The Grand Canyon area uses, appropriately enough, The Grand Canyon Suite by Ferde Grofe, specifically "On The Trail". The Primeval World uses the theme from "The Mysterious Island" by Bernard Herrmann.

I like the primeval world. My cousin, who is a dinosaur expert, actually loathes the ending section because of the impossible battle that takes place between the Tyrannosaur and Stegosaurus. Every time I go past it I wish I could ride the Magic Skyway, just to see their original environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
                The Grand Canyon area uses, appropriately enough, The Grand Canyon Suite by Ferde Grofe, specifically "On The Trail".
                Wierd piece of trivia:

You can also hear a portion of "On the Trail" in the movie "A Christmas Story."

When Ralphie awakes on Christmas morning and looks out his window at the amazing winter wonderland, the tinkling music so suggestive of clear, crisp icicles is from the last part of "On the Trail."

Comment

I like it all so I had to answer "unsure". There are things that I like (a lot) about each one.
                  "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
                    I like the primeval world. My cousin, who is a dinosaur expert, actually loathes the ending section because of the impossible battle that takes place between the Tyrannosaur and Stegosaurus. Every time I go past it I wish I could ride the Magic Skyway, just to see their original environment.
                    That is not the only inconsistency. My 9 year old son, who is a self-appointed dinosarur expert, mentions that all the time. Also, the number of claws on T-Rex is not correct. The apatosaurus (not brontosaurus as they were called in my day) do not sit in the water all day long. And the first dinosaurs you see -- I forget the name, but he does -- the ones with the light bulb eyes with the fins on the back -- aren't dinosaurs but actually lizards. And finally, dinosaurs don't drag their tails.

Looks like I have taught someone the ways of the MiceChat force!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      That is not the only inconsistency. My 9 year old son, who is a self-appointed dinosarur expert, mentions that all the time. Also, the number of claws on T-Rex is not correct. The apatosaurus (not brontosaurus as they were called in my day) do not sit in the water all day long. And the first dinosaurs you see -- I forget the name, but he does -- the ones with the light bulb eyes with the fins on the back -- aren't dinosaurs but actually lizards. And finally, dinosaurs don't drag their tails.

Looks like I have taught someone the ways of the MiceChat force!
                      And elephant's don't fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                        And elephant's don't fly.
                        I must say though that he does tell me, "Daddy is that what they thought Dinosaurs were like in Walt Disney's days?" And I tell him pretty much, yes. So even though he is 9 he acknowledges that this was something that Walt created. Today's generation must never forget the man who started the place -- something that Eisner tried to destroy.

Comment

I always loved and will love the long necks sitting in the lake just peacefully eating their shrubs!
                          sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Wow, the poll results are looking pretty apparent as to which scene is the majority fan favorite.

Would I be too out of line to then bump this thread up a notch in suggesting that if Tomorrowland were to get a new attraction that there wouldn't be a big uproar if the Grand Canyon scene were to get removed completely to make way for this attraction?

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                              The apatosaurus (not brontosaurus as they were called in my day)

You've ruined my childhood

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
                                You've ruined my childhood

Science! You quit doing that right now! :lol:
                                Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                                : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
                                  Wow, the poll results are looking pretty apparent as to which scene is the majority fan favorite.

Would I be too out of line to then bump this thread up a notch in suggesting that if Tomorrowland were to get a new attraction that there wouldn't be a big uproar if the Grand Canyon scene were to get removed completely to make way for this attraction?

...Joe...

Ohhh no.

It's (IMO) one of the untouchables of Disneyland.
                                  All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

In Paris, the lack of the PW after the GC seemed so......incomplete. I guess because they are both journeys into the far past-one geological and one biological, that you need both to fully tell the story.

A bientot.
                                    Remember
                                    What the dormouse said
                                    Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post

...Joe...
                                      No uproar, just loud clapping and whistling and cheers.

Comment

After thinking about this for awhile I finally voted for the Primeval World only because the Grand Canyon diorama is just like any diorama you can see at a large city museum. If I want to see similar dioramas I just have to go to the Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History (which happens to have the added bonus of having Walt Disney's animation desk where he drew Steamboat Willie on permanent display).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X