Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Possible Nature's Wonderland References on the Disneyland Railroad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Possible Nature's Wonderland References on the Disneyland Railroad?

Was browsing through a photo report from another site when this photo caught my eye:

https://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/ph...-VhTwsBj-O.png

While at first glance, this seems like another attraction poster on the construction wall, it seems this poster might be hinting at something. This IS the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland attraction poster, however, look closely. The phrase "via the Mine Train thru Rainbow Caverns" has been replaced with "via the Disneyland Railroad". Also all the other posters surrounding this one are of current attractions (Splash Mountain, the Columbia, Tom Sawyer's Island, Winnie the Pooh), would seem odd that they put in an attraction poster that is now longer around when it is surrounded by the others.

Is it possible that more scenes from Nature's Wonderland could be resurrected or inspire new ones on the Disneyland Railroad during this refurbishment? Rainbow Cavern's certainly seems to be a possibility especially if they are replacing the tunnel between the Festival Arena and Toontown with a new one (and that the Cavern's seem to be the most famous and well known scene from the Mine Train despite the lack of photos). The waterfalls in the concept art shown definitely do seem to be a nod towards Cascade Peak, but what else could we see if they are to continue this trend of honoring the ride. The poster certainly seems to foreshadow something...
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I think you may be on to something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	new poster v.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	8432719

Here is the original poster for comparison.

Name:	old poster.jpg
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	8432718

Comment

Originally posted by Troy View Post
      I think you may be on to something.

I didn't even notice it at first, until I realized that the posters were all current attractions. It was then that I noticed the text had been changed. Thanks for posting the two posters, makes it easier to spot the difference for others, I should have put up a picture of the original for comparison.

Comment

OP ... You on to something.......
        It Looks like,Disneyland Railroad is going be part of a "New".....Nature's Wonderland!

I sure for that......... I always miss ,the old Mine Train ,to Nature's Wonderland!

I sure hope you, are right !...Troy..Thanks for sharing the two poster's.................
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

If this is the case I hope they bring back Rainbow Caverns somehow. I never got to experience it but it seems to be one of people's favorite attractions that have gone to Yesterland. Some new animal animatronics along the river along with the trestle, waterfalls and rainbow caverns would really bring this portion of the DLRR trip to life.
          "How do you do?"

Comment

Originally posted by mickEblu View Post
            If this is the case I hope they bring back Rainbow Caverns somehow. I never got to experience it but it seems to be one of people's favorite attractions that have gone to Yesterland. Some new animal animatronics along the river along with the trestle, waterfalls and rainbow caverns would really bring this portion of the DLRR trip to life.
            Yes.....It will add a lot Life to..... Disneyland Railroad..But also long the River of America ,with all those "new" water fall's!
            I Sure ...would Hope ...that what Disney is doing.....it be new Attraction of it self.........
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I had a similar idea when rumors first came up about rerouting the trains. To make up for the lost of part of the RoA, they add enhancements. From the concept art there are waterfall and rocks formation, similar to Cascade Peak. Adding animals should not be a problem. I would like to see battling elks and bears near some of the water falls. There will be a tunnel ,so maybe they can make it like the Rainbow caverns. If MC is accurate, the train will be close to Thunder Mt. BTM already has some references, they can extend it to where the train will pass by.

Comment

Good catch!

They also have the original Tom Sawyer Island poster up - I know I saw a rumor that they were taking all the Pirate's Lair stuff out. Maybe there's hope for Fort Wilderness and the burning cabin?

Comment

Originally posted by thedustycoyote View Post
                  Good catch!

They also have the original Tom Sawyer Island poster up - I know I saw a rumor that they were taking all the Pirate's Lair stuff out. Maybe there's hope for Fort Wilderness and the burning cabin?
                  Really........."O" Please ........let it be TRUE.........
                  I for Pirate's Lair stuff out. .....Hope for Fort Wilderness and the burning cabin,come back to Life.......
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Really........."O" Please ........let it be TRUE.........
                    I for Pirate's Lair stuff out. .....Hope for Fort Wilderness and the burning cabin,come back to Life.......
                    I thought they turned off the flames for the cabin because it was dangerous. Would fake flames be believable?

Comment

Good catch! I really hope this is true. That's one attraction I'm too young to have experienced, but I've always wished I could have.

Also, if I recall correctly, Radiator Springs Racers makes a little reference to the Mine Train. At the start of the ride, it says something along the lines of "enjoy your trip through nature's wonderland" as you then drive through the pretty wilderness area before getting to the dark ride portion of the ride. I know the pretty wilderness area is a reference to the Cars movie where Lightning and Sally go sight-seeing, but I always thought that that portion of the ride, coupled with the narration, was a nod to the Mine Train. I was kind of hoping it was a hint that the Mine Train is at least still in the mind of the Imagineers.

Comment

IF this turns out to be true, will all be forgiven for Star Wars Land and the shortening the river if Rainbow Caverns makes a comeback?
                        "Have I gone mad?"
                        "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post

I thought they turned off the flames for the cabin because it was dangerous. Would fake flames be believable?
                          I think the real reason, no flames ,for the cabin= "Wast of GAS"...... But ,also it can be ,dangerous....

Just having cabin around ,be OK with me.....
                          What I really like to see...is "Fort Wilderness"to come to life once again.......that my Hope.......
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

It would actually be a great tribute to Walt. Three out of the four True-Life Adventures listed on the original attraction poster that inspired scenes in the original ride were Oscar winners. In the 70s my school had 16mm prints of several of them and played them frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                              It would actually be a great tribute to Walt. Three out of the four True-Life Adventures listed on the original attraction poster that inspired scenes in the original ride were Oscar winners. In the 70s my school had 16mm prints of several of them and played them frequently.
                              I got lot out of ,"True-Life Adventures "myself.....and your right ...they was Oscar winners!
                              I guess that also why ,I like to see "Nature's Wonderland" ,come back....
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
                                IF this turns out to be true, will all be forgiven for Star Wars Land and the shortening the river if Rainbow Caverns makes a comeback?

I think most of it will, I was thinking the other day that if they brought back elements of attractions or whole attractions (Peoplemover) while adding Star Wars, Frozen and Marvel, I think it somewhat makes up for it. Rainbow Caverns is something I've always wanted to see (as I believe a lot of other people will) and in sense it will be kind of like them bringing back the Hatbox Ghost, it was there (albeit for a much longer time than the HBG) but little photographic evidence exists so it's held an aura of mystery and intrigue.

Comment

This will be awesome if true. The DLR needs more to look at, and a throwback to Nature's Wonderland will be great. I hope they add some more stuff between Main Street and NOS.

Comment

Nice catch ! This would be so cool !!

Even they just put in a small little reference, and not an entire scene or something, it would still be awesome.

Here's kinda how I'm imagining the best/most elaborate incarnation, with help from the graphic from the Micechat Update (obviously all just speculation):

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	8432776

Red: return of bears to the lake (obviously can't be seen from train, but it could be seen from the trail, and would be a relatively easy reference.)
                                    Blue: various small references/animals
                                    Yellow: tiny little painted desert scene. probably people-cactus plus maybe a small little geyser.
                                    black: Rainbow Cavern tunnel

Maybe more or less tunnel/desert than I'm imagining.

"Pretty soon he would be hundreds and hundreds of miles away on the great plains and deserts, and among the mountains of the Far West, and would see buffaloes and Indians, and prairie dogs, and antelopes, and have all kinds of adventures, and may be get hanged or scalped, and have ever such a fine time, and write home and tell us all about it, and be a hero."
                                    - Mark Twain, jealous of his brother who was traveling west.

Comment

Hope so!

Comment

I sure hope this is accurate. Still, can't forget that this is still all speculation.
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                                        X