Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

    Why?

    Because next week is the 16th !!!!!

    They've got to have things in place well in advance.

    I certainly hope the castle is all done with , because they've only got just over a week to do the actual testing/rehearsal of the fireworks, parades, etc...

    It seems to me, even with the extra hour, yesterday, time is racing by.
    2007 Photos:
    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
    More 2007 Photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
    2006 Photos:
    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

  • #2
    Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

    i could see this happening :} DL is fast, wern't the haloween decorations taken down in one night?
    sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

      If they've got an all-new set-up, and everything is new, this year....they need time to test it.

      I certainly hope they aren't going to use the 16th as the date to begin testing for bugs.

      I would think all the bugs worked out, and a adequately running show beginning the 16th.

      Setting up the tree tonight is just basic, while the weather is relatively good, Monday/Tuesday are slow days etc...

      This weekend is the 3-day Holiday weekend, and by Friday, I imagine the Park will be packed.

      Logically, now is the time to, at least move things into place, whether or not the tree is actually lit or not.

      I'm assuming the Castle is completely done by now, such that all that's left is to test the lighting and snow.

      Right?
      2007 Photos:
      http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
      More 2007 Photos:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
      2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
      http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
      2006 Photos:
      http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

        The date I heard for the tree is November 12th
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

          Tree! Tree! Tree!

          Actually, if they started testing for bugs on the 16th, they should still be up and running for Thanksgiving, when the holidays really begin.
          Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

          Duckland
          : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

            They won't have that tree up the weekend before. Expect it mid-week next week... around the 12th as Darkbeer said.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

              Right on! We are looking forward to Christmastime at Disneyland!

              My whole family is going on Dec 22 - my parents, my wife, my son, my brother, his wife, their son, my pregnant sister and her husband! Should be lot's of fun.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                They won't have that tree up the weekend before. Expect it mid-week next week... around the 12th as Darkbeer said.

                No. That tree will be up tomorrow. It won't be lit. The 12th is too late. The 11th is Veteran's Day....

                If that tree isn't up tomorrow I'll....

                I'll....

                I don't know what I'll do.
                2007 Photos:
                http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                More 2007 Photos:
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                2006 Photos:
                http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                  What about all the other decorations? They are slow this year with the Christmas decor. Usually they have everything decorated before they place the tree in Town Square.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                    Look how it's getting dark, right now and it's only 4:15 pm......

                    Time is speeding up, and you better believe they'll be decorating all night tonight!
                    2007 Photos:
                    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                    More 2007 Photos:
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                    2006 Photos:
                    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                      Originally posted by Pisces View Post
                      No. That tree will be up tomorrow. It won't be lit. The 12th is too late. The 11th is Veteran's Day....

                      If that tree isn't up tomorrow I'll....

                      I'll....

                      I don't know what I'll do.
                      Why is the 12th too late? Seems early to me. And what does Veteran's Day have anything to do with anything? The Holidays at the Disneyland Resort don't officially start until November 16th.

                      Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                        Hey, I remember one year (when they weren't doing anything special for Halloween) that they had the tree up and decorated on Halloween day. It was strange watching children in costume getting the treats they had planned around the Park in the shadow of the tree.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                          Not to stray off topic, but is it me, or do the decorations seem to be less and less each year? NOS doesn't seem as fully blown as last year or the year past.

                          It seemed like the Christmas decorating reached a peak in 2000 and 2001 when Harriss was still in control. I remember all those trees in IASW mall were decorated, the trees in the hub were all strung with lights, those dancing fairies lined the hub's planters, and even Adventureland had some tropical wreaths.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                            ^^^^^^^

                            Plus they had X-Mas tree's in the moat in front of the Castle.

                            Until the wind blew them over...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                              Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out.....


                              I kid, I kid.




                              In all seriousness, though, I don't think you need to be worrying nearly this much. This holiday season is no different than last and the one before it, aside from the new castle. They're used to this, they do it every year. If anything, they're more relaxed this year because they have more time between Halloween and Christmas. Things are happening, decorations are gradually being put up....it's not like nothing has happened yet. A Christmas Fantasy is already in its rehearsal stages, and the fireworks aren't even usually rehearsed until a few days before they're supposed to debut. Yes, Nov. 16th is next week, but next week does not mean a week from today. They still have 11 days until the 16th. That's quite a bit of time to get everything done, considering they worked through this last weekend still putting up stuff on the castle.


                              Don't forget either than IASW Holiday opens this Friday, so that'll free up a lot of man power there. Also, like I said in another thread, as of the end of last week the tree wasn't even decorated! They were still prepping it for its decorations, which includes (according to them) "10,000 ornaments and holiday lights." I highly doubt those thousands of ornaments went up over the weekend, or could possibly be put up tonight so the tree could get placed.


                              I guess the message I'm trying to send here is not to worry. Everything will be ready soon enough.
                              "Keep Moving Forward."

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                                Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                                Not to stray off topic, but is it me, or do the decorations seem to be less and less each year? NOS doesn't seem as fully blown as last year or the year past.

                                It seemed like the Christmas decorating reached a peak in 2000 and 2001 when Harriss was still in control. I remember all those trees in IASW mall were decorated, the trees in the hub were all strung with lights, those dancing fairies lined the hub's planters, and even Adventureland had some tropical wreaths.
                                Oh yes absolutely. They don't wrap lights around every tree in the Hub like they should. If it were up to me every single tree would get lights wrapped around it.

                                Also, if you notice....not every window in Main Street gets a lit wreath. I don't even think the wreaths are lit anymore are they? But if I was running things, absolutely every single window would get a lit wreath.

                                I'd light every single inch of that Park, but that's me. Maybe some people find too much lights too "Griswold" ish, garish.

                                But, I like it this time of year.
                                2007 Photos:
                                http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                                More 2007 Photos:
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                                2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                                http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                                2006 Photos:
                                http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                                  There is nothing like the warmth of Christmas lights.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                                    Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
                                    Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out.....


                                    I kid, I kid.




                                    In all seriousness, though, I don't think you need to be worrying nearly this much. This holiday season is no different than last and the one before it, aside from the new castle. They're used to this, they do it every year. If anything, they're more relaxed this year because they have more time between Halloween and Christmas. Things are happening, decorations are gradually being put up....it's not like nothing has happened yet. A Christmas Fantasy is already in its rehearsal stages, and the fireworks aren't even usually rehearsed until a few days before they're supposed to debut. Yes, Nov. 16th is next week, but next week does not mean a week from today. They still have 11 days until the 16th. That's quite a bit of time to get everything done, considering they worked through this last weekend still putting up stuff on the castle.


                                    Don't forget either than IASW Holiday opens this Friday, so that'll free up a lot of man power there. Also, like I said in another thread, as of the end of last week the tree wasn't even decorated! They were still prepping it for its decorations, which includes (according to them) "10,000 ornaments and holiday lights." I highly doubt those thousands of ornaments went up over the weekend, or could possibly be put up tonight so the tree could get placed.


                                    I guess the message I'm trying to send here is not to worry. Everything will be ready soon enough.
                                    Actually this year is quite different. These are all new shows, and we've just had one of the largest wildfires in California history, with the possibility of Santa Anas kicking up again.

                                    Things are a bit precarious, I'd say. The tree can be put in place, while the decorating of it continues. The main thing is to get it situated and tethered before the big Veterans Day rush. After Veterans Day, and if there's foul weather....they aren't going to have much time to work with.

                                    It's much better to get these things done now. Keep in mind it's also becoming cough and cold season, so I don't know how many cast members will be out sick at this time of year.

                                    Get it done now!
                                    2007 Photos:
                                    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                                    More 2007 Photos:
                                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                                    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                                    2006 Photos:
                                    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                                      Originally posted by Pisces View Post
                                      Actually this year is quite different. These are all new shows, and we've just had one of the largest wildfires in California history, with the possibility of Santa Anas kicking up again.

                                      Things are a bit precarious, I'd say. The tree can be put in place, while the decorating of it continues. The main thing is to get it situated and tethered before the big Veterans Day rush. After Veterans Day, and if there's foul weather....they aren't going to have much time to work with.

                                      It's much better to get these things done now. Keep in mind it's also becoming cough and cold season, so I don't know how many cast members will be out sick at this time of year.

                                      Get it done now!
                                      There's two new shows, but neither of them affect the installation of decorations or installation of the tree (with the exception of the actual castle decorations, of course, where the 2 new shows take place).

                                      This year is no more precarious than last year. Santa Ana winds or winds of any kind during the fall and winter are not uncommon. And it's not that easy just to place the tree and decorate it while the park is open. That'd give them even less time to decorate it, since over Veteran's Day weekend it's open 8am-12am from Fri. to Sun. Plus, you can't just hang the ornaments like a regular tree; they're specially secured so they don't fall off onto guests. And I'm sorry, but the claim that too many CM's will be sick is a little far-fetched.


                                      I really enjoy all the Christmas stuff, too, but it's unrealistic to be expecting the tree to appear tomorrow morning.
                                      "Keep Moving Forward."

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: I believe the Tree will be in place tomorrow

                                        Keep believing, Pisces, and maybe you will get a Christmas miracle.
                                        Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

                                        Duckland
                                        : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X