• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DisneyKell
    New MiceChatter
    • Oct 2007

Special asst. pass?

Does anyone know if they still do the special asst pass. I heard about it today from a mother at my daughters school. She is autistic, as is the son of the other mother. She told me to go to city hall and get the pass. Or it might be very hard for my kiddo to wait in those lines with out a melt down.

I heard that they now dont have them from someone else.

anyone know what the real deal is?

Thanks!!
    ***Kell***:captain:
  • DISNEYJUNKIE
    D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY
    • Feb 2005

Re: Special asst. pass?

We were at the park both in August and last week for Halloween ,and my grandson is on the autisim spectrum so my dd always goes to city hall and gets an assistance pass. He dosent have the ability to wait in long lines we do try and do some of the less crowded dark rides without it so that he can get a small dose of line waiting, but Nemo, HM, even Dumbo ( due to low capacity ) are really still too much for him to wait in. The pass she gets is stroller = wheelchair which sends him to the handicap entrance.

Comment

• shadow
      ...lurks...
      • Oct 2005

Well, last I needed one for someone in my party - they were still available, though harder to get...

It's not that they are trying to be mean or anything, but there were A LOT of people abusing the system (people lying that their kid had 'xyz' or would wear fake casts, bandages, some stooping so low as to 'act' as if they had 'xyz')- so sadly, it's the people who really need them that now may have to do a bit of footwork to get them.

You may want to contact the park and ask about them and inquire about them.
      sigpic

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
        Banned User
        • Aug 2005

I have a health problem and I get them when I visit the park. They ARE more strict about who gets them these days as they were seriously abused for a long time. I feel that the reasons you are asking about, they would give one. The pass DOES still exist, which was your original question.

Comment

• PirateMickey
          A Pirate's life for me!
          • Sep 2005

Yes, you can still get an Guest Assistance card.

You do not need any medical verification in writing (ie. doctors note). In fact, they won't even look at it if you did have some.

Good luck!

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
            Banned User
            • Jun 2006

it's called "G.A.C", a Guest Assistance Card, now. This way, it would be hard to cheat the system and for people who only want to use it to skip the line all together.

Comment

• Darkbeer
              Darkbeer
              • Jan 2005

As mentioned above, the old system, called the Special Assistance Pass was eliminated, as it was basically a front of the line pass for anyone who asked.

The new system, called a Guest Assistance Card, tries to match up the need better than just a one size fits all system. Different symbols are placed on the card, for example, someone with bad knees could get a card that would allow them to avoid the few queues that have stairs in them, but is required to use the regular queues in most other attractions, or a person who has problems with sun can avoid queues with a lot of sun exposure until the sun sets, then it isn't valid at all.

And the biggest one, endurance issues, a person will not be given a GAC, but instead referred to the Wheelchair rentals, as that is the "solution" to that issue.
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                Banned User
                • Jun 2006

Sometimes, the GAC creates some problems. Most guests complain about certain rules of the attraction depending on the stamp they have.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X