X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk me into upgrading!

Hi all,
    I'm new to the site, but I've been Disney-obsessed since I purchased SoCal AP's for myself & 3-yr old DS two months ago. I'm wanting to go this Sunday, since it's been our Sunday tradition to spend the evening at DLR and my son looks forward to it all week.

However, I must say that I am not a fan of crowds. When I selected the SoCal AP's I figured I would get enough use out of Sundays and actually be spared from the super-crowded blackout days. Should I go ahead and upgrade for my son? Is it really crowded Veteran's day weekend? Any input appreciated!

Re: Talk me into upgrading!

Just do it. :judge:
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to micechat

Comment

Take a look at the blackout calendar and see how many other blackout days you plan on attending, there is probably enough to justify upgrading now (especailly with most of summer blocked out).

I rarely go on blackout days because its usually busy, but I will be upgrading anyway in January because there is a certain Saturday I plan on attending.

Oh and Welcome to MiceChat!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Sundays are not that busy like saturdays or Fridays

Comment

It will likely be crowded this weekend because of Veterans Day. But generally Sundays are somewhat crowded but not as bad as Saturday. And the Sunday crowds really die out after 4 or 5 as people leave early in order to get ready for work and school the next day.

I have a deluxe pass and am happy with it. But add parking as that will save a ton.

I may upgrade to a premium if only to get discounts off of merchandise though.

Comment

You know the Centurion Card that is offered by American Express? From what I understand, that card can actually double as an AP at any of the Disney owned theme parks.

You may want to be safe and just apply for this card.
              Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

How 'bout I talk you out of upgrading?
                You hate crowds, but by supporting the AP system you contribute to the one thing you dislike about the Park: overcrowding. And by upgrading the AP you already have purchased, you will probably be visiting not only at different times, but more frequently; hence contributing to more overcrowding. Whatever your decision, welcome to MiceChat!

Comment

Originally posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
                  You know the Centurion Card that is offered by American Express? From what I understand, that card can actually double as an AP at any of the Disney owned theme parks.

You may want to be safe and just apply for this card.
                  I don't know whether or not that is true, but it seems much cheaper to me to upgrade your AP rather than spend the $2,500 annual fee on the Black Card

A little piece of heaven

Comment

If you are concerned about attending Disneyland every Sunday, then you should upgrade your So Cal A/P. Check the blackout calendar for the summer months and you will discover that the So Cal A/P is totally blocked out for July and most of August. Disneyland has sold over 700,000 So Cal A/P's, anytime the weather is nice and that pass can go, the park is crowded. I have been to Disneyland on nice weather days when the So Cal A/P has been blocked out and the park was not crowded as a result and I had a much better time without throngs of So Cal A/P guests there. Also blackout tickets have been raised to the nutty price of $40, so if you want to go on a day that the So Cal A/P is blocked, it will now cost $80 for yourself and your daughter to gain entry, plus the parking charge.
                    http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com

Comment

Choosing the right AP is tough, every year when I upgrade, I try to go with the cheapest one, then if I ever try to go on an blocked entry day, I just upgrade it to the next level, usually by the end of the year I'm still at a premium tho
                      flickr

[PhotoWalk] - 02/02 - This and That & FIREWORKS
                      [PhotoWalk] - 11/6 - DTD, DCA and DL - GRR & XMAS Decorations
                      [PhotoWalk] - 11/2 & 11/3 - DL - NOS, ToonTown and some here and there...
                      [PhotoWalk] - 10/7 - DCA and DL - More Night Photography
                      [PhotoWalk] - 9/16 - DCA - Details, Signs, and Lighting

Comment

Yes this is the wrong place to be talked into an AP, with the pictures of faded paint, general cynacism about the park and its "Theme", hate of pirates and strollers, smokers, teenagers, old people, middle age people, gays, straights, bis, and kittens.

And welcome to Micechat!
                        There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                        -Dr. Strange

Comment

If you want to ..then do it, if your unsure ..don't.

Comment

Originally posted by gobanana View Post
                            Is it really crowded Veteran's day weekend? Any input appreciated!
                            Yes, it should be crowded. However, if you have the money, then upgrade.

Here's why:
                            • Parking is paid for with premium. Never will you have to pay parking again. If you already paid your $60 for parking, then you're already $60 closer to premium.
                            • You can come any day you like. The more that you are an APer, the less you will want to 'do stuff'. Just relaxing and going to the park is great as a Premium passholder.
                            • Better food (15%), and merchandise discounts (10%). You can save anywhere where there's a cash register, so even the Corn Dog Cart.
                            • If you brave the crowds, you can go on fun days like New Years. We had a blast last year at DCA, and we are doing it again this year!
                            • For some of us, APs are more than just park admission, there the ticket to friendly people and good times. We meet most weekends, and just hang out for part of the day.
                            Compelling enough reason yet?
                            -Monorail Man

Comment

We took the jump from SoCal last year to Deluxe this year and haven't looked back. I was almost shocked to find out how LESS crowded some of the Summer days were compared to the available days for SoCal passes in the Spring. I got a Premium for myself as it includes parking and I feel like I've already made back the extra cost of it in savings between merchandise and food. I didn't get the Premuim for the kids as the block out dates for the Deluxe really ARE some of the most crowded of the year, i.e. Christmas, three day holidays, etc. Because we live relatively close, we try to get over when the crowds are down. But....I would heartily recommend Deluxe vs either of the SoCal options.

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
                                Yes this is the wrong place to be talked into an AP, with the pictures of faded paint, general cynacism about the park and its "Theme", hate of pirates and strollers, smokers, teenagers, old people, middle age people, gays, straights, bis, and kittens.

And welcome to Micechat!
                                Yeah, because, as we all know, none of that exists anywhere else but MiceChat

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                  It will likely be crowded this weekend because of Veterans Day. But generally Sundays are somewhat crowded but not as bad as Saturday. And the Sunday crowds really die out after 4 or 5 as people leave early in order to get ready for work and school the next day.

I have a deluxe pass and am happy with it. But add parking as that will save a ton.

I may upgrade to a premium if only to get discounts off of merchandise though.
                                  With free parking, 15% off food, and 10% off merchandise, it pays for one adult in the family to have a Premium pass.
                                  Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

Don't do it. You don't need to go to Disneyland on Saturdays. Use that day to do something else with your kid.

I have a SoCal AP and I've already gone 40 times this year. I can't imagine how much a premium AP would benefit me. I can see getting a premium if you can only go in the Summer or Saturdays and money is no object, but it seems like overkill to me. I like the idea of blockout days because it forces me to not get burned out on Disney. The huge break in the Summer gives me time to uhm, "rest".
                                    Originally posted by Kasey View Post
                                    With free parking, 15% off food, and 10% off merchandise, it pays for one adult in the family to have a Premium pass.
                                    Parking isn't "free". It costs $60 to park for the entire year no matter what level AP you have. With the Premium they simply force it into the price.
                                    Last edited by Pressler69; 11-08-2007, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
                                      I don't know whether or not that is true, but it seems much cheaper to me to upgrade your AP rather than spend the $2,500 annual fee on the Black Card
                                      Very true, now that I see it written out, it does seem like a bad idea!
                                      Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Oh, Mr. Swab!

You look so dashing!!

ROWR!!!

**swoon**

**thud**

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X