This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle or walk

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Shuttle or walk

We come down to Disneyland from Idaho about 4 times a year so we always have to shop for the best prices. Our last few stays we have stayed far enough away to have to use the shuttles (well maybe not have to, but we are pretty lazy...) We always check the ART shuttle web site to make sure the hotels we stay at are on a good route. On the last stay we were at the Extended Stay America and it was only 32 per night. THe shuttle stopped right in the parking lot which was awesome.

However we stayed at the Ramada Inn on Ball once and the ART shuttle was always late and sometimes too full for people on the route to actually get on and they would have to wait for the next shuttle.

So, short answer, do a bit of research and you can use the shuttles to save a small fortune on your hotel expenses.

Comment

If you want to save a small fortune on your hotel expenses, use Priceline.

Usually $50/night for the Crown Plaza or the Hyatt, and they have free shuttles.

Other locations are serviced by the FART system, but I'd rather walk (or pay for a cab) than use them...

As far as walking to/from the Park Place goes, I'd walk.

Enjoy!

Comment

We always stay at one of the Harbor blvd. hotels. It's great to be able to just walk back to the hotel at the end of a long day rather than waiting for a shuttle. Last week we stayed at the Park Vue Inn for the first time and had a wonderful, large, clean room - and you just can't sleep any closer to the park, except maybe the Grand Californian. My only gripe (and a small one) was they didn't have ESPN!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
          If you want to save a small fortune on your hotel expenses, use Priceline.

Usually $50/night for the Crown Plaza or the Hyatt, and they have free shuttles.

Other locations are serviced by the FART system, but I'd rather walk (or pay for a cab) than use them...

As far as walking to/from the Park Place goes, I'd walk.

Enjoy!
          For $50 I got Anaheim Hilton...which doesn't have great reviews. I was a bit disappointed, but, haven't been there yet...so....I may have a different report afterward. I do know they are renovating it. BUT...I do not know if they have DL shuttles.

Comment

Depends, if there's long lines for the shuttle, I'll almost alway walk. I don't like to wait for 30 min for a 5 min ride to my car or hotel.
            sigpic

Comment

i say walk , we stay around the corner even on Manchester every time , and we walk

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

If you don't want to pay the money for ART and all those stops and crowds, head to the Grand Californian Hotel and get a cab for your entire party for $6 for most of the resort area. We did that quite a bit last year when we were staying at a place on Katella. We walked to the parks in the morning, cabbed it home when we were worn out in the evenings.

Comment

I would say walk or stay somewhere that has a shuttle just for that hotel. ART is terrible, you will waste so much of your day waiting for ART then riding ART. Huge PITA!

Comment

We are staying at the Quality Inn and Suites on Manchester. Since it is me and DD20, I was planning on walking to the parks in the morning, then taking a cab back to the hotel at night. This makes my DH feel alot better about us being there alone. Is a cab easy to get at GCH? Or should we call ahead and have one waiting for us? And is it really only $6.00 for the cab ride? Thanks!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X