This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding more Subs to increase Capacity

One of the main issues I hear come up about the subs is the long wait. I have a question to improve the wait time is it possiable to add one or two more subs? Would that make a difference, and is there any chance they could add some of the subs from the old sub ride in Florida, or would they not fit on the track?
    Just a side note I thingk the sub area would be a great place to have a haunted Halloween over lay for the Halloween season. The could call it voyage in the haunted lagoon. Any ways just a thought.
    Dave

Re: Adding more Subs to increase Capacity

I would rather wait in line than have them spend the money on an extra sub.

There are no more subs from what I understand from the WDW attraction. And if there are they may as well spend the money on a brand new one.

The halloween overlay would be ok I guess. A little weird taking place under the sea. Just so long as it isn't scary.

Comment

Have you ever ridden on the subs when it's in a 3-3-2 config? You spend as much time waiting to unload, as you do on the show itself. What the subs need is more track, not more subs!
      -Monorail Man

Comment

The lines will eventually die down, and then the number we have will be fine, so I am ok with the number we have.

We don't need another halloween overlay IMO, especially one that could be scary while I am trappen in a cave in a ride vehicle in the water.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I haven't had the chance to ride them since they reopened, but I am so very excited about seeing them when we go down in feb. The las time I was on them was the early 1990's
          Dave

Comment

I think a Halloween overlay would be just the ticket!
            Dave

Comment

More subs wouldn't help because of how long it takes to load and unload that the subs still going through get backed up. Unless you had an underwater omnimover through a tube! but that would defeat all need to have a lagoon and it would become Florida's The Seas with Nemo and Friends.... and thus be even more out of place.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Yeah the lines will go down soon..... IMO it's really only popular because it's new.
                All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
                  One of the main issues I hear come up about the subs is the long wait. I have a question to improve the wait time is it possiable to add one or two more subs? Would that make a difference, and is there any chance they could add some of the subs from the old sub ride in Florida, or would they not fit on the track?
                  Just a side note I thingk the sub area would be a great place to have a haunted Halloween over lay for the Halloween season. The could call it voyage in the haunted lagoon. Any ways just a thought.
                  There aren't any subs left from the WDW ride except for a couple they used as props somewhere else and those aren't water worthy. The WDW subs were quite different from the subs at DL as well so I doubt very seriously if they'd be compatible. They could stand to add two or 3 more subs. I have noticed gaps in the rotation. But that's about all you could add and not face some serious back ups. Besides, I think the newness is going to wear off a bit and it will close down to a reasonable wait of less than an hour most of the day during a day of average business and adding the subs before we see what it would settle down to might not be the best thing to do.

Comment

What no wdw vets in here? There are no more wdw subs left.

There will always be a line its THE SUBS hello?
                    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Even if the subs from the Magic Kingdom fit and still existed, there'd be one glaring problem: they look like the wrong Nautilus. Guests at the Magic Kingdom rode inside a version of Captain Nemo's ship, not the U.S. Navy's.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
                        the sub was 38 seat but disneyland add 2 more seats each sub

Some days Disneyland is do 3 sub - 3 sub - two sub loading and unloading
                        it take time to load and unload.

Now to the WDW subs, all good sub was sold and the bad ones was crap.
                        so there is no WDW subs to put on Disneyland track
                        there is no room to add more sub.

think about it 3 loading, two or three subs in the show, two or three sub wait to dock.

Toy Story Mania construction:
                        Older photo
                        New Photo

Member of
                        MiceChat WDW Trip
                        Next trip
                        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

What they need to do is build a small wheelchair accessible sub (like the short bus from school) which can be pulled off the track and loaded with a few folks who either have trouble with stairs or who are in chairs.

One or two of such smaller subs could really help speed up load/unload, and allow those who have trouble (or who can not) currently ride, do so.
                          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                          Save

Comment

The lines are already dying down. On an average weekend you'll see it at 60 minutes at most, probably more during the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                              What they need to do is build a small wheelchair accessible sub (like the short bus from school) which can be pulled off the track and loaded with a few folks who either have trouble with stairs or who are in chairs.

One or two of such smaller subs could really help speed up load/unload, and allow those who have trouble (or who can not) currently ride, do so.
                              I think that just ain't gonna happen.

Unlike other wheel-chair friendly boats this would require an elevator and there would be issues of mechanical reliability and evacuation.

Disney has provided a workable and safe if imperfect alternative and I think they and DOSH are more comfortable with that than the alternative.

Comment

As far as unload/loading of the subs, I seem to remember the way they used to be that there was one point to unload and another a bit forward to load (example: the way the matterhorn loads/unloads). I think that it might work better. It may not move the line any faster. But loading one while another is unloaded might work.
                                sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                                Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

They cant build more subs because the subs they build would have to be wheelchair accessible due to DOSH specifications. The only reason that the Subs dont have to be wheelchair accesable is the fact that there the original subs from 1959 and they get grandfathered into old regulations. Its why they cant build peoplemover again unless they used the exact ride vehicles because dosh now says you cant touch anything 6ft around you.
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
                                    They cant build more subs because the subs they build would have to be wheelchair accessible due to DOSH specifications. The only reason that the Subs dont have to be wheelchair accesable is the fact that there the original subs from 1959 and they get grandfathered into old regulations. Its why they cant build peoplemover again unless they used the exact ride vehicles because dosh now says you cant touch anything 6ft around you.
                                    The ADA does not make any demands. It calls for all reasonable accommodations to be made. The Observation Room would be the accommodation.

Comment

I think that the subs are too backed up as it is...do we really have room for more?
                                      Last edited by Jolly Trolley; 11-08-2007, 07:15 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                                        The ADA does not make any demands. It calls for all reasonable accommodations to be made. The Observation Room would be the accommodation.
                                        So if this is the case, couldn't they bring back the original peoplemover and create an observation room for it as well? Maybe have the footage be of what you would see if you were in the ride?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X