This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turning point

Where to start... Ok hubby and I will be married 10 years in feb! We have dated from highschool so when we got married we didnt have a lot of money.. we had a simple wedding ( just my parents ) and we didnt put much thought into our rings.. we just wanted to be married!...lol well anyways instead of us doing something for our 10th an. , we are taking the family ( us and 3 kids 13, 10 and 4 ) to disneyland!
    Ok here is where it gets tricky... I dont know about any of ya all but we have had our ups and downs.. well a lot of downs..lol but here is the thing .. he KNOWS I am obsessed with POTC and have been since I was a kid.. I bought a new wedding set for us ( he dont know ) and I kinda want to have a renewal while we are at disneyland.. So I get thinking where can I suprise him with this where it could be kinda romantic but nothing to quiet where he might suspect something... What do u think about the blue bayou? I have never ate there but it is right there with the POTC, its dark, from what I have seen on the ride it is quiet... seems like a good spot to me.. I just dont want to feel like a dork and I want it to be special! I just dont want to do the whole marriage thing again.. just something cute and special between us.... ugggggggghhhhhhh I am haveing trouble trying to type out what I am thinking... lol Does this sound stupid? or better yet any ideas? sorry I am all over the place with this question.. It is just hard to put it into words..

Re: turning point

Awww.... I think it sounds sweet and romantic!

If you are really a bit POTC fan, the Blue Bayou would be perfect. It's pricey, but the atmosphere for something like this would be wonderful and special.

Just be sure to make reservations early, and let them know ahead of time that you have a special surprize for your hubby and you'd like to be seated near the water. If they know ahead of time often they can accomodate you with requests like that!

Good luck and welcome to MiceChat!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Whatever you end up doing, include BB in the plans. Definitely the most romantic and relaxing spot in the park, IMO, though there are certainly some other strong contenders.

Comment

Need to book reservations about 60 to 90 days before your seat date.
        Also tell what you what to do, you want the near the water.
        How big is the group?
        most tables by the water for two sometime for four.
        Also on the day you what to check with the desk with out him.
        Tell desk Cast member the special doing and the time you are seating.
        so when you check in the castmember will not give it away.

good luck

Toy Story Mania construction:
        Older photo
        New Photo

Member of
        MiceChat WDW Trip
        Next trip
        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Last I checked you can't requset a table by the water. Perhaps if you told them of how special the occasion is they'd slip you by.

Have fun and good luck!

Comment

You can't request a table by the water when you make your reservation.

However, you can request one when you check in. Your wait will likely be longer but you will get the next available table by the water.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
              Last I checked you can't requset a table by the water. Perhaps if you told them of how special the occasion is they'd slip you by.
              Oh bother... I didn't know that...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

well crap.. we have 5 of us.. guess no water table for us.. but is it still pretty romantic not by the water... **sigh**..

Comment

That is pretty lame that they wouldn't give you a nice table, especially for an occasion like this. Usually if you say the right thing, strings can be pulled though. By the water or not, good luck!
                  Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Are you planning to have the renewal at the Blue Bayou or show him the rings at the Blue Bayou? I don't think you can do the first one unless... you're sneaky. The rings though would be cute.

You could to the quasi-ceremony in the... crap what is it called something "Angels" I know a few MCers have gotten engaged there. I mean you could have one of your kids reading a renewal vow thing, have another kid hold the rings, and then someone tape it. That could be really cute.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                      Are you planning to have the renewal at the Blue Bayou or show him the rings at the Blue Bayou? I don't think you can do the first one unless... you're sneaky. The rings though would be cute.

You could to the quasi-ceremony in the... crap what is it called something "Angels" I know a few MCers have gotten engaged there. I mean you could have one of your kids reading a renewal vow thing, have another kid hold the rings, and then someone tape it. That could be really cute.
                      You're thinking of the Courtyard of Angels. It really is a beautiful spot. Its setting and atmosphere is a little more grown up compared to Snow White's wishing well.

I will tell you that you stand to have a good time TOGETHER. Our last trip was a little different. My little brother always wants to go on rides with my dad and my niece will go with either of her grandparents and my nephew wants to go with his grandma. This time was different. My parents decided there were rides where they'll go together. They were able to ride POTC without any kids between them and rides for 2 like Haunted Mansion and Buzz were attractions they decided to do together.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X