This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Firefighters Discount

Disneyland released the info about their "Salute to Heroes" discount to honor those who helped fight the fires in SoCal.

www.disneyland.com/heroes

Looks like they shut out "all" the people who helped with the fires and only limited it to SoCal departments. I know that many crews and engines from NorCal responded and helped with the fires. As did crews from other states. It would be nice to see them open this up to those people also.

Re: Disneyland Firefighters Discount

But...they're not Heroes...it's their job. If they don't do it, they'll be fired.

Comment

Well, that's awesome, jolly good Disney, jolly good.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Bacon View Post
        But...they're not Heroes...it's their job. If they don't do it, they'll be fired.
        Well, I'd not do their job - and who knows - if they go out of their way, or stand firm on a property or area that could very likely burn, to save somebody's home - and it just may be your home some day, to me, that makes them heros.

I am sure if your home was in jeopardy from a fire and they managed to save it, while several houses around yours burned - wouldn't you consider that a sort of heroism?
        sigpic

Comment

Some of the firefighters that respond are volunteers. They take time off of their 'regular' jobs, either using vacation time or getting no pay, to go help out.
          ~Karin~

Comment

I think its terrible that they are limiting it to just those from socal. As mentioned before there were numerous crews that came from not only from NoCal, but from my state, Arizona and other states. Most of these crews volunteered to come out and help. They are true heros and always in my mind and heart will be, even if Disney, the company I love doesn't think they are.

Comment

It's not only for firefighters as the thread title suggests.

It is for firefighters, law enforcement and rescue personnel.

And it is MUCH appreciated...

Comment

This is definitely a nice thing they are doing, but I remember when I was a kid in the late 70's early 80's they did discounts for firemen and law enforcement all the time. My father was a Santa Ana policeman and we went to the park once or twice a year on a discount. They should definitely bring this back for longer than a few months, maybe in their off season every year?

Comment

Originally posted by awaflyboy View Post
                  I think its terrible that they are limiting it to just those from socal. As mentioned before there were numerous crews that came from not only from NoCal, but from my state, Arizona and other states. Most of these crews volunteered to come out and help. They are true heros and always in my mind and heart will be, even if Disney, the company I love doesn't think they are.
                  We had several crews from Tucson and surrounding towns go... but in all honesty... what is the chances that someone from here would go back to so cal to take advantage of the Disney discount? pretty slim! It would be nice of them to offer it, but the likelihood it would get used is slim to none!
                  :smart: :music: :vogue: :razz: :wave:

Comment

Sometimes, someone's job is to be a hero.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - VIRUS SCAN 9.17 V106: Found MICROSOFT ** Remove it? [Y/n]

--== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
                    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

Comment

Somehow this quote bugs me. I find a person saving someone's burning house a bit more heroic than supersizing my combo meal.

Comment

Daddyb was doing a photo update once during that honda scratchoff giveaway, and it was just after the fires had ended from that year. The only 2 finalists who showed up were an older man and a firefighter who was visiting with his family after he'd just gotten done fighting the blazes for a few weeks. It was pretty clear who had the crowd's support heh, but fortunately the firefighter picked the right key and won the car. If I'd been the other guy I would've flat out told them to just give me the wrong key, who knows maybe he did heh. But that was a very cool moment during that promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                          It's not only for firefighters as the thread title suggests.

It is for firefighters, law enforcement and rescue personnel.

And it is MUCH appreciated...
                          Yeah, of course the first thing people do is bash the offer and want MORE MORE MORE...

It's nice of Disney for what they are doing (they don't have to do *anything* at all of they didn't want to). People here should try being thankful for once in their life, it's actually nice.
                          -Wes

Comment

Originally posted by jrsharp21 View Post
                            Disneyland released the info about their "Salute to Heroes" discount to honor those who helped fight the fires in SoCal.

www.disneyland.com/heroes

Looks like they shut out "all" the people who helped with the fires and only limited it to SoCal departments. I know that many crews and engines from NorCal responded and helped with the fires. As did crews from other states. It would be nice to see them open this up to those people also.
                            Hard to determine who actually helped with the fires from out of state departments and who didn't. Most likely all departments in SoCal helped out, so that was a safe bet.

I guess they couldn't have fire department personnel from like, Florida, or something that might not have done anything to assist getting in on the discounts as well.

Like with all groups, there would be people who would take advantage of something that they wouldn't be entitled to to save some bucks. Unfortunately the line has to be drawn somewhere...

I guess if the State would offer up some type of list on who participated or not (which is a pretty ridiculous request that the State probably wouldn't make available), then it would work... but otherwise I can't see how else they could do it otherwise.
                            Burnt Toast
                            The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Originally posted by babyfirefly View Post
                              This is definitely a nice thing they are doing, but I remember when I was a kid in the late 70's early 80's they did discounts for firemen and law enforcement all the time. My father was a Santa Ana policeman and we went to the park once or twice a year on a discount. They should definitely bring this back for longer than a few months, maybe in their off season every year?
                              That's up to the State and the human resources/activities department. Just like with any "company". They would be the ones that would make that available to their employees.

There are many companies that make discounted tickets to local attractions available to their employees... but again, it starts with the company or agency that you work for that wants to make those things available to their employees or, in this particular instance, continue to make it available to their employees.
                              Burnt Toast
                              The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

I just googled the 2003 press release when they offered this discount from that years SoCal fires. They had no restrictions that year. All they asked was that you show id to prove that you were fire, police, or emergency.

This is a really great thing to do by Disney. But I think they didn't realize all the contributions from all over the state and surrounding states. Also it was just not the guys who were down battling the blazes that made the contribution. The guys that didn't go to the fires had to pick up the slack back at home and work double time and triple time to make up for the people that did go. It was a combined team effort.

Comment

Ok.. so I saw the update sheet on this today..

HONESTLY, I don't think any of the ticket sellers are gonna care WHAT DEPARTMENT you are from, as long as you have ID.. (While I hate saying it, some of these people just aren't the most intelligent!!)..

What Disney is offering begins on Nov 13th.. and the "hero", IE, firefighter, police, etc gets ONE 3-day park hopper for free. They may also purchase up to 5 additional 3 day park hoppers for just $56 each-- Mind you, even with the online discount, 3 day Park Hoppers run $159 EACH-- so this is a $100 discount!! Also, these "hero" tickets are good for 30 days--not the normal 14.. These promotional ticket are available for purchase thru Feb 28, 2008, with the last day of use March 27, 2008.. so really, not bad..

I think this is a good deal and so do the law enforcement/firefighters I spoke with today who asked me about this promotion..

Comment

Ok, I have to address this, I find it sad, pathetic, and ironic that when the Military is brought up everyone either starts in with politics or uses the excuse "it's their job". But if you switch that to Firefighter then instantly many accept it. Knott's has been offering a discount to EVERYONE for years and taken plenty of flack for it as being a "cheap promotion". It's amazing how the true colors shine through when a few houses burn down.

These individuals risk their lives, their lives, so you can sleep well, work, play, and have a place to come home to. On occasion they loose their life defending us and our way of life. The least that could be done is a simple ticket and a thank you. Please take a moment to remember this as you celebrate that extra day off this week called Veteran's Day.

This post is meant to address all heroes, Firefighters, Paramedics, Police and Military... even if they refuse to refer to themselves as heroes and pass it off as "it's my job".

If you wish to know what prompted this "must" or "where is he coming from" I am a former Marine... and it was my job... and I am damn proud of that job.
                                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Anyone who risks their lives so that we may continue to lead our lives the way we do is a hero in my book.

Airforce, Marines, Army, Firefighters, Police, Emergency are all heros to me. Yea it may be their career choice but is also a career that many people would never have the courage to do. And that to me is so much more of a hero than any overpaid athlete.

Comment

I started this a while back and it is now locked but this is specifically what I was referring to
                                        http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...and-70021.html
                                        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X