X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sambo
    replied
    Re: the last photo

Probably not the last photo, but it is my understanding that this is a photo of Walt at home after his lung removal in November of '66 - and before he went back into the hospital for the final time.

Leave a comment:

• Opus1guy
    replied

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Anybody find it completely fitting that his final picture was with Mickey Mouse and in front of the castle?
    Not sure it was. Keep in mind that photo is purportedly the last photo of Walt taken at Disneyland. Not necessarily the last photo of Walt.

If fact, for decades the Company claimed this photo was the last photo taken of Walt (taken at WED in Glendale):

And for that reason, it was selected as the only photo of Walt to be placed in Club 33 back in 1967 (and it's still there in Lounge Alley today).

Who knows? Perhaps even that one was only the last photo of Walt taken at a work location, and perhaps the family or others have other photos of Walt taken later. But for decades the Company claimed the photo of Walt with the Pirate was the "last."

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Anybody find it completely fitting that his final picture was with Mickey Mouse and in front of the castle?

...Joe...
    Partners. Boo hoooooo!

Originally posted by brian9549 View Post
    I had the privilege of meeting the photographer a few years back at Disneyland where he was doing a signing of this photo. It has a prominent place on my wall now.
    That's amazing. I wish I could have that photo signed by the photographer.

Leave a comment:

• MollyTrolly
    replied

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
    That is a great shot, and HUGE kudos to WDI33 for posting it so quickly! I love the happy feeling of that photo, which contrasts with the melancholy of it being the "last" photograph.

I also love the beautiful white castle with blue accents. None of that ugly pepto-bismol pink. ugh.
    I was just admiring how lovely the castle colors were! What a great pic!

Leave a comment:

• RobotMirror
    replied

That is a great shot, and HUGE kudos to WDI33 for posting it so quickly! I love the happy feeling of that photo, which contrasts with the melancholy of it being the "last" photograph.

I also love the beautiful white castle with blue accents. None of that ugly pepto-bismol pink. ugh.

Leave a comment:

• brian9549
    replied

I had the privilege of meeting the photographer a few years back at Disneyland where he was doing a signing of this photo. It has a prominent place on my wall now.

Leave a comment:

• lou_mom
    replied

Such a great picture. I love it and so fitting for his legacy.

Leave a comment:

• Oswald the Rabbitt
    replied

Partners to the end

Leave a comment:

• MikeChat
    replied

Problem is, Walt Disney was too honest and cared too much about people

Leave a comment:

• snappy
    replied

I think Walt Disney would have made a great President!

Leave a comment:

• Quacky4Donald
    replied

...Joe...

Leave a comment:

• WDI33
    replied

The last photo of Walt in the Park was taken in October of 1966. It was taken by Disneyland photographer Renie Bardeau. Walt was not feeling well and told Renie he had one shot, thats it, and he had to move on. Walt was posed, the shot was taken and we have a wonderful image of Walt enjoying his park one last time.

Leave a comment:

• Neverlandtink
    replied

I've seen it, and I'm sure you've seen it as well. It was taken in 1966 and he's in front of the Castle with Mickey in an antique auto. There are also shots from the same shoot with him surrounded by children and him surrounded by characters. He looks very tired and a lot older in those pictures.

I'm sure someone can post a picture or two ~

Leave a comment:

• startours1
    started a topic the last photo

the last photo

Has anyone seen the last photo ever taken of walt disney in disneyland? What does it look like, could I see it online somewhere?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X