This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightshots Part Deux: DCA and Remember Fireworks

Believe it or not, Grandma was able to watch the kids for a second Friday in a row as I had to leave early the next morning. So....back to Disneyland with my camera!

My goal this time was to shoot the Remember Fireworks show using a tripod, but when I arrived in Downtown Disney, I noticed a substantial breeze and wondered if they would pull the plug on the show.

Downtown Disney, of course, was packed as it was a Friday night, and the Holiday decorations were already up in the trees:

As it was only 8:15, I headed off to DCA to grab a few shots before staking out a spot for the fireworks. I took the GCH entrance, and after snooping around for some ideas was immediately struck by how incredible the rapids look at night:

Grizzly Peak looks amazing from just about any angle...

I wasn't able to spend too much time around Paradise Pier as I was thinking I should probably grab a spot for the fireworks as it was a Friday night and the hub was sure to be rather full for the show. But I did grab a couple. I forgot how long you had to stand and wait if you want the Sunwheel to actually MOVE. It takes a good 10 or 15 minutes to load and unload before they crank it up...

The Zephyr may not be the fastest ride in the world, but it looks very cool at night...

One more shot of the Sunwheel...

And, of course, Paradise Pier...

Here's a panoramic shot from last Summer...

Click here for Part II - Remember Fireworks
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-15-2007, 10:44 PM.

Re: Nightshots Part Deux: DCA and Remember Fireworks

What great shots. I love those moving light photos. I was at Disneyland yesterday and tried to take some night shots before boarding the tram of the trees in DTD but they came out blurry. I have such camera envy it isn't funny!

Looking forward to the rest. Are you going to the park this morning?
    sigpic

Comment

Great night photos, thanks for sharing them.

Comment

:thumbup: those are some awesome shots!!!!!

Can't wait for the fireworks!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Wow, now THOSE are some incredible shots!

Comment

Awesome as ever.... Thank you, thank you!

Comment

Awesome shots, I'm here now waiting patiently for the next round!

by the way, how were you able to get your trip into the gate?
              flickr

[PhotoWalk] - 02/02 - This and That & FIREWORKS
              [PhotoWalk] - 11/6 - DTD, DCA and DL - GRR & XMAS Decorations
              [PhotoWalk] - 11/2 & 11/3 - DL - NOS, ToonTown and some here and there...
              [PhotoWalk] - 10/7 - DCA and DL - More Night Photography
              [PhotoWalk] - 9/16 - DCA - Details, Signs, and Lighting

Comment

Awesome pics. the one's of he rides that are moving are totally awesome

Comment

Great photos! Keep them comming!

[email protected]

Andy
                  -
                  What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Amazing photos especially th Grizzly River Rapids shots

Comment

LDF, I love the DCA photos! It has some really beautiful photo opportunities, especially at night. Thank you for sharing them here.

:thumbup:

Comment

Great pics! Can't wait for the Remember ones.
                        "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Totally awesome. Screen savers galore!

Comment

Beautiful nigh shots!! I love the pictures!!

Comment

Cool! Thanks for sharing! DCA looks so great at night
                              "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

Comment

Dude, great shots. I like the ones with the christmas decorations that areup on Downtown Disney. As for The Grizzly Peak Area, it looks like there weren't any rafts operating at the time. Did you take the pics of DCA before it closed?

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

beautiful! can't wait for the fireworks.
                                  "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm working on the Remember shots and hope to have them up soon.

Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
                                    Dude, great shots. I like the ones with the christmas decorations that areup on Downtown Disney. As for The Grizzly Peak Area, it looks like there weren't any rafts operating at the time. Did you take the pics of DCA before it closed?

The great irony here is YES...the rapids were running. It was 8:15 PM and in the low sixties when I was there and...

THEY KEPT THE GEYSER RUNNING!!

How evil is THAT? I saw at least two rafts get DELUGED by the geyser while I was taking shots. (I went to Disneyland and got mouse ears, six pins, three churros and pneumonia.) Isn't there a switch that turns the geyser OFF?

Most rafts were empty, but every third raft had some poor drenched shivering souls who either ignored the "you will get wet" signs or....were completely insane.

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                                      The great irony here is YES...the rapids were running. It was 8:15 PM and in the low sixties when I was there and...

THEY KEPT THE GEYSER RUNNING!!

How evil is THAT? I saw at least two rafts get DELUGED by the geyser while I was taking shots. (I went to Disneyland and got mouse ears, six pins, three churros and pneumonia.) Isn't there a switch that turns the geyser OFF?

Most rafts were empty, but every third raft had some poor drenched shivering souls who either ignored the "you will get wet" signs or....were completely insane.
                                      I'm not getting on that ride this winter...no way.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

the grizzly shots at night are very nice thanks. You should all ride the grizzly river at night its great I know I did. Thanks for the pictures.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X