Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

New scene in Autopia

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scene in Autopia

Don`t know if this has been posted already ;
    Permit #: BLD2016-05431 Address: 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 8800 (Autopia)
    Issued: 12/6/2016 Contractor:
    Census: 437 Phone #:
    Parcel #: 08219019 Type Of Work: Tenant Improvement
    Valuation: $1,500,000.00 Description: Disneyland - Tomorrowland - Autopia Show Set Installation - Tenant Improvement: Install (4) new themed props for camp ground scenes; (3) the steel post faux tree, (1) steel water tower with 4 concrete footings, ATV vehicle. with 2 footings. REF:SGN20

Hmm. I don't know what they are doing that costs 1.5 million dollars, so it seems like it's going to be a really big improvement. I would love seeing new show scenes in Autopia!
    Keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs, inside the vehicle at all times.

Comment

I wonder if any of this stuff will be visible from the train. We were discussing that they should do some other improvements around the train while it's closed. This is one of the areas that could use some improvement. Either way it's cool that they're doing anything to improve Autopia.
      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
      -Walt Disney

Comment

How would a few props add up to $1.5 million? Are they really that expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by baroquehoedown View Post
          I would think subcontracting for all the construction, landscaping elements and such adds up pretty quick. Then add on top of that props (including a water tower?!) and final enhancements (electrical, flora). But I agree, $1.5 mil seems awfully high. Unlesss they're just inflating the number for...insurance purposes? Perhaps the permit is written or assigned differently depending on valued cost for the install. If their total cost exceeds their prediction, there might be a fine...? I have NO expertise in this field, I'm just shooting in the dark here.

Comment

Nice! Great find.

Comment

This is kind of cool to hear! I'm glad they are still planning on keeping Autopia.

Comment

When you're talking about construction it's crazy how quickly it can add up. It really doesn't have to be a huge project to add up to that pretty quickly.
                The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Kablary View Post

I would think subcontracting for all the construction, landscaping elements and such adds up pretty quick. Then add on top of that props (including a water tower?!) and final enhancements (electrical, flora). But I agree, $1.5 mil seems awfully high. Unlesss they're just inflating the number for...insurance purposes? Perhaps the permit is written or assigned differently depending on valued cost for the install. If their total cost exceeds their prediction, there might be a fine...? I have NO expertise in this field, I'm just shooting in the dark here.
                  There wouldn't be any fines, but the City bases it's fees on the cost of construction, so if the estimates were wrong they might owe additional permit and plan check fees later on. Not really a big deal, it would probably only be a couple thousand more tops. The estimate is likely pretty close to the expected costs.
                  -Walt Disney

Comment

Lol

1.5 million for some props...what a joke. No wonder tickets cost soo much

Though I would love it if those backstage area's are getting some love and the whole Train ride has some interesting story to tell you
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Remember, they're actually building this stuff on top of the Submarine show building. I can imagine that construction for that isn't as simple as simply plopping some props on regular dirt.

Comment

Birds, Robots, Balloons, Pinwheels.

Comment

I sure wish they could make the cars not spew so much exhaust with that money, can't even pass by without coughing a bit. But hey, atleast you get to drive by tents.

Comment

Thats exactly what I was thinking...if thats the case why not use those monies towards an attraction that doesnt suck

Comment

Found this on Twitter. Anyone have any more pictures of what was added?

Click image for larger version  Name:	17440518_402770523426384_1449108221_n.png?oh=8b0aae71840b79126a733869e9c833d6&oe=58D4DAF8.png Views:	1 Size:	265.4 KB ID:	8499757

Comment

The metal water tower sounds interesting. I wonder if this will be used by the Railroad since there currently isn't a water tower near Tomorrowland Station for it to take on water. There's a hose there that they can use to fill up, but a water tower would add much more theming. If this is a functional tower used for this purpose, then I totally think its worth the 1.5M.

Comment

With Hong Kong closing Autopia, Disney has a fleet of electric cars sitting around, makes so much sense to bring them here.
                                  sigpic

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
                                  - - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post
                                    This is kind of cool to hear! I'm glad they are still planning on keeping Autopia.
                                    Me too. Autopia needs some more love, it gets beaten around too often. There's a lot of potential for that ride and it has an amazing history at Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                                      The metal water tower sounds interesting. I wonder if this will be used by the Railroad since there currently isn't a water tower near Tomorrowland Station for it to take on water. There's a hose there that they can use to fill up, but a water tower would add much more theming. If this is a functional tower used for this purpose, then I totally think its worth the 1.5M.
                                      I don't think so, there's no need for the engines to take on water at Tomorrowland as they have plenty of capacity to only take on water at New Orleans Square every 2 or 3 trips. I imagine this water tower is just a set piece for Autopia.
                                      "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                                      "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
                                        Found this on Twitter. Anyone have any more pictures of what was added?

Click image for larger version Name:	17440518_402770523426384_1449108221_n.png?oh=8b0aae71840b79126a733869e9c833d6&oe=58D4DAF8.png Views:	1 Size:	265.4 KB ID:	8499757
                                        Honda, the sponsor, is on the cusp of releasing a low cost(for the aviation world it is, but still about $1,000,000) business jet. Me thinks they just want to add this out here as product advertisement
                                        2018 Milestone Birthday Trip
                                        2017 Solo Birthday Trip
                                        2016 Solo trip and Club 33
                                        2015 Racing the Rain to Disneyland – Final part
                                        2015 Racing the Rain to Disneyland – Part 3
                                        2015 Racing the Rain to Disneyland – Part 2
                                        2015 Racing the Rain to Disneyland – Part 1

Comment

Working...
                                        X