Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Mini Update - 11/9: Christmas Special Set Up, Tree Still Being Worked On, & More

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Update - 11/9: Christmas Special Set Up, Tree Still Being Worked On, & More

I really didn't have time to make the trip over the the park today, but curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to see if maybe....just maybe...the tree would be up already.

I arrived a bit later this morning, and was greeted at the gates again by the band, Alice and the Hatter...

I don't know my Alices or Hatters, but I think these two were awesome...

Look at the expression in that little girl's eyes! Is this not what Disneyland is all about? For gosh sakes...she's dancing with Alice!

I'm all verklempt. :gladsad: Talk amongst yourselves...

When I regained my composure, I went under the bridge hoping to find the tree but what I found instead was...

Cameras, cameras everywhere! And sets! And giant ornaments....all props for the Walt Disney World :blink: Christmas Special they will be filming tomorrow. (Here's an idea: How about filming a DISNEYLAND Christmas Special?)

We have snowy trees in the Town Square...

...lots of sound and video equipment...

...and a stage set up RIGHT where the tree would go...

While they have been setting up for the special tomorrow, the rest of the decorations are going up quickly around the park.

The wreaths are on the lamposts:

The garlands are up around Mainstreet...

And the Castle snow looks like it is almost, or maybe completely, done.

Here's the announcement as you get to the hub:

(More to come...still uploading shots...)

Re: Mini Update - 11/9: Christmas Special Set Up, Tree Still Being Worked On, & More

Great shots!!!

Comment

Re: Mini Update - 11/9: Christmas Special Set Up, Tree Still Being Worked On, & More

So will they be digitally inserting the tree into the special if it isn't up?

Comment

I cannot wait to see more of your pictures, they make me want to jump in the van and drive over to see the decorations for myself but patience is a virtue.
        sigpic

Comment

I was there a few years back when they were taping for the WDW Christmas special. I actually don't mind that WDW always has a taped event for a Christmas parade instead of Disneyland since WDW has much wider streets to do large parades on. Otherwise, I'd totally want Disneyland to get an awesome Christmas special too...or switch off from WDW every once in awhile.

When I was there for the event, I got to see Miis Piggy and Kermit talking at a booth for the event. It was so cute and pretty exciting to see all the taping happen.

As for your TR pics, I love the ones of Alice dancing with the children. You truly got some magical shots there.

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait for more!
          http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
          Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

LDF I am glad you were able to make it to the park today. I always look forward to your Friday updates.

I rather enjoy the sign for the taping for the WDW Christmas Special it just makes me laugh! :blink:

Thanks for that pic of the kids dancing with Alice...thats what its all about!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
              I really didn't have time to make the trip over the the park today, but curiosity got the better of me and...
              Haha, that's what I like about you and your updates. It's like watching late-breaking news. localdisnyfan reporting live at Christmas tree point, back to you! )

Comment

So, I'm a bit confused!

*Why* are they filming in Disneyland for the Disney World special? Do they just have a brief segment covering the California parks, or do they try and pass off Disneyland as "Disney World" (it certainly wouldn't be the first time!).

Just curious....

Comment

So...today's update is going to be a bit shorter than usual. I'm going to run out and pick up the kids in a bit.

From what I gathered, it looks like the tree might not be up until Monday after all. I think maybe it was Darkbeer who gave us that date, but I could be mistaken. As one of the stages is set up right where the tree would go, I would wager that this is where they will be shooting interviews tomorrow during the parade....assuming there is one...here in Disneyland... I suppose there's a chance it could go up on Sunday but maybe they'll still be cleaning up after the special and will need their crews to tear all of this stuff down. So...I'm putting my money on Monday.

Back to the update....the area in front of the castle was humming with activity...

And there were ornaments everywhere...of every shape and size...

But where was the tree? I remember reading in the other thread that it could be seen from the tram. Figuring I might get a better view from the monorail, I took Purple back over to DTD. But...big surprise....Purple died right when we pulled in.

So I hoofed it over to the walkway that runs along the tram route and found...

the tree!

The top, at this point, looks completely done, but they were still hard at work on the lower half...

The ornaments can easily be seen over the fence...

I can't wait until next week!

One other item...I passed another commercial being shot as I left DTD. I didn't recognize anyone, but maybe it's another Dream commercial:

That's all for today!

Comment

Cameras, cameras everywhere! And sets! And giant ornaments....all props for the Walt Disney World :blink: Christmas Special they will be filming tomorrow. (Here's an idea: How about filming a DISNEYLAND Christmas Special?)
                    I'm just waiting for the day they start calling it the "Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade." Wait, did I speak too soon?? :lol:

Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
                    So will they be digitally inserting the tree into the special if it isn't up?
                    Probably not since the stage is built exactly where the tree should be.
                    "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                      Haha, that's what I like about you and your updates. It's like watching late-breaking news. localdisnyfan reporting live at Christmas tree point, back to you! )
                      I can't help myself. :blush: It's like a disease. :razz: It's a wonder I can keep track of my kids on Fridays.

:botox:

Where ARE they anyway?

Hmmmm....

I hope today wasn't a minimum day. :bang:

Comment

but curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to see if maybe....just maybe...the tree would be up already.
                        I just did the same thing, only on this side of the country. )

Beautiful pictures, as usual. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and then to post them.
                        Last edited by PhotoMatt; 11-09-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Ah, you did go to the park this morning

Some of the decorations were up yesterday but a lot of that was put up overnight. The garlands were up on The Emporium and across the street as far as the movie theater. Then nothing until down at Coke Corner and the photo shop. No wreaths on the lamp posts either. Busy little elves. That stage wasn't there when I left the park around 9 PM, it was just a flower bed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the great update! I'm going tomorrow and I can't wait to see everything!
                            "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

Comment

Also, love the shots of the tree you got. Good work finding it!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X