• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YeaDZNY
    Banned User
    • Apr 2016

EV Charging Stations

Hello everyone, was just wondering if the Mickey and Friends parking structure is the only Disney owned parking lot that has EV chargers for my car?
    Which really makes me nervous as it seems we are always getting re-directed and its a zoo trying to get into that damn lot. So what am I supposed to do if were re-directed and or the lot is closed when we arrive? Thx
  • StickyFrenchToast
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2015

As far as I know, the structure is the only parking area with EV chargers. If you come in the morning and think you may get redirected, I suggest you take the ramp coming off the 5 freeway. After getting off i-5 south bound, turn left at the light and bear left onto the overpass ramp. If you come early in the day, you will be able to gain access to the structure. However, after a certain point in the day, they block the overpass access to allow people to leave the structure in the other direction. If you don't take i-5, you can go up Ball until you hit the turn for Disneyland Drive/Mickey and Friends and make a left instead of a right, then u-turn at a safe spot to get onto the ramp. That's typically what I do.

Comment

• YeaDZNY
      Banned User
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by StickyFrenchToast View Post
      As far as I know, the structure is the only parking area with EV chargers. If you come in the morning and think you may get redirected, I suggest you take the ramp coming off the 5 freeway. After getting off i-5 south bound, turn left at the light and bear left onto the overpass ramp. If you come early in the day, you will be able to gain access to the structure. However, after a certain point in the day, they block the overpass access to allow people to leave the structure in the other direction. If you don't take i-5, you can go up Ball until you hit the turn for Disneyland Drive/Mickey and Friends and make a left instead of a right, then u-turn at a safe spot to get onto the ramp. That's typically what I do.
      Thx for the advise...I do have an update here. I just got off the phone with Disney and they said if you see officers re-directing traffic and if you are in a EV, that they will allow you to proceed within the structure :-)

Comment

• Disneylandfan67
        MiceChatter
        • Jul 2011

Hopefully the new parking structure has electric vehicles in mind when it is built. They did just recently expand the number of electric vehicle chargers at Mickey and Friends (now there are some on the second floor as well). Make sure you let the attendant know that you need an electric vehicle space, as they will put a piece of paper on your windshield that instructs the other cast members in the lot to redirect you. In regards to the lot being closed, I know that they make exceptions for handicapped parking, and seeing as it is the only location in the resort that has chargers, maybe they would make an exception for electric vehicles as well (this I am not certain of), but definitely use the i-5 ramp if you are not certain. If you have a car equipped with a DC fast charge port, I know there is a mall pretty close to the park that has one of those chargers, I saw it on the plugshare app (which if as an EV driver I highly recommend having on your phone if you don't already). Do know that the charging stations at Disneyland are on the ChargePoint network, so it's best if you have already signed up for an account online and gotten the free tap card. Best of luck
        All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
        Trip Reports:
        From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

Comment

• YeaDZNY
          Banned User
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
          Hopefully the new parking structure has electric vehicles in mind when it is built. They did just recently expand the number of electric vehicle chargers at Mickey and Friends (now there are some on the second floor as well). Make sure you let the attendant know that you need an electric vehicle space, as they will put a piece of paper on your windshield that instructs the other cast members in the lot to redirect you. In regards to the lot being closed, I know that they make exceptions for handicapped parking, and seeing as it is the only location in the resort that has chargers, maybe they would make an exception for electric vehicles as well (this I am not certain of), but definitely use the i-5 ramp if you are not certain. If you have a car equipped with a DC fast charge port, I know there is a mall pretty close to the park that has one of those chargers, I saw it on the plugshare app (which if as an EV driver I highly recommend having on your phone if you don't already). Do know that the charging stations at Disneyland are on the ChargePoint network, so it's best if you have already signed up for an account online and gotten the free tap card. Best of luck
          Thank you and yes I do have that Chargepoint app already. And yes the CM I spoke to said that they will make accomodations/exceptions for people who are driving EV's. Yea!!!
          Thanks

Comment

• StickyFrenchToast
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

Thx for the advise...I do have an update here. I just got off the phone with Disney and they said if you see officers re-directing traffic and if you are in a EV, that they will allow you to proceed within the structure :-)
            Oh awesome! Glad to hear Disney will make the exception for EV. Just keep the ramp as a back up haha.

Comment

• DonaldMissingPants
              MiceChatter
              • May 2011

Yep, I can confirm what Guest Relations told you. If you get redirected away from Mickey and Friends, just drive up to the police officers blocking the entrance and they will let you in. They let in EVs to let them charge. I do this all the time.

Comment

• SoCalSHO
                Seriously Goofy
                • Jul 2012

I always come in from Ball Rd to make a left onto Disneyland Drive, half the time, the lot is coned off, but the traffic officers let me through. I have tried the ramp that goes directly into the park a few times, but it is ALWAYS coned off. YMMV.

Comment

• MychaelP
                  MiceChatter
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
                  You're in luck! I'm an architect, and the 2016 Cal Green Code went into effect on Jan. 1. Pretty much all new structures with this type of occupancy MUST have them. Even for structures without enough people (a little car wash building) we have to put in the infrastructure for them to be added.
                  You will see more and more around as time goes by, because they will begin being added when properties do tenant improvements pending their costs.
                  Enjoy Disneyland!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X