Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst attraction or ride at the Disneyland Resort

I think the worst attraction or ride at the Disneyland Resort is the Winnie the Pooh ride
    1) It's a book report version of the ride at WDW which is a book report of the Winnie the Pooh movies basically making the ride feel really condescended
    2)It feels really cheap for a ride made in 2003 and not being a package deal (2 or more new rides near by)
    3)It replaced a classic attraction which had better animatronics and was longer
    4) It's very badly placed being right next to Splash Mountain a thrill ride without any kiddy rides near by unlike Fantasyland
    It feels like a ride that is basically green lit to bring more people to Disneyland with California Adventure near by which Michael Eisner thought would be a big success which he turned out wrong on but I'm curious what is your opinion on the worst ride at Disneyland.
    Originally posted by micromind
    Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

Autopia.

Comment

DL Winnie The Pooh
      DCA Guardians Of The Galaxy Mission Breakout

Comment

Originally posted by Kaimanahoolaulea View Post
        Autopia.
        Totally agree I wish that they would replace our cars with the ones in Hong Kong or better yet get rid of the thing and you could possibly put in at least two rides where autopia is especially if you used the land for the motor boat cruise and submarine ride.
        Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

Comment

Silly Symphony Swings. It's a slightly dressed up off-the-shelf ride that can be found at amusement parks and carnivals all over the place.

Comment

Astro Orbitor. I've never felt more unsafe, uncomfortable and simultaneously bored on an attraction. Subs are a close second but I like the alternate viewing room.

Comment

Disneyland- Astro Orbiter
              California Adventure - Goofy's Sky School

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post
                Silly Symphony Swings. It's a slightly dressed up off-the-shelf ride that can be found at amusement parks and carnivals all over the place.
                I think there's a slightly worse ride at Paradise Pier: Jumpin Jellyfish it barely has a theme, is a off the shelf ride, and doesn't fit in with the rest of 1930's Paradise Pier.

Comment

Haunted Mansion Holiday. It's a garish freakshow that turns the classic into a neon puppet nightmare.

Comment

For Disneyland Park: Winnie the Pooh...just this version though as Tokyo's Honey Hunt proved it can be a great attraction. Across the esplanade the honor goes to Goofy's Sky School, which is pretty much just a dressed up Wild Mouse coaster...
                    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

In DL: Autopia, Finding Nemo Subs, and Winnie the Pooh.
                      in DCA: Monsters Inc.

Comment

Chip and Dale's Tree House. It's just stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlyhead View Post
                          I think the worst attraction or ride at the Disneyland Resort is the Winnie the Pooh ride
                          1) It's a book report version of the ride at WDW which is a book report of the Winnie the Pooh movies basically making the ride feel really condescended
                          2)It feels really cheap for a ride made in 2003 and not being a package deal (2 or more new rides near by)
                          3)It replaced a classic attraction which had better animatronics and was longer
                          4) It's very badly placed being right next to Splash Mountain a thrill ride without any kiddy rides near by unlike Fantasyland
                          It feels like a ride that is basically green lit to bring more people to Disneyland with California Adventure near by which Michael Eisner thought would be a big success which he turned out wrong on but I'm curious what is your opinion on the worst ride at Disneyland.
                          It came at the height of the Pressler/Harris tenure. Looking for cheap ways to create new attractions. Just gut 1 older attraction and stick a new one within the same structure. From what I understand ... gutting and re-accommodating the CJB building to Pooh took more money than the money to used to build the show itself, and ride vehicles.

As for my pick of worst attraction ... I got a few.

Number one is probably Autopia. It's a series of lawnmowers driving around. They sound no different than one. And emit the same stinky exhaust. There is absolutely nothing to root this to the future. Even the scenery is nothing but a bunch of standard shrubs and trees as if you are on a drive through Irvine, Mission Viejo, or Canoga Park!

2. Goes to Grizzly River Rapids - In 2001 ... they stuck kiaks and camping gear along the sides for "theming" GAG! In the 2015 slight remake of the area ... the same decor ... except this time it's got a 1950s style. Sea World's and Knott's versions have more whimsical features to see and enjoy - GRR has boring views of basically 'nothing' all along it's track. I was always annoyed this ride gets me far too wet. I don't mind sprinkles ... but to be wet to my underwear and socks does no good for me for the following few hours. Or more .. if it's cooler. So, the only time to ride it, is when it's in the middle of summer, and I'm wearing the bare minimum like a day at the beach. When you spend millions on a ride ... You want it to be useful throughout all 365 days of the year!! Big thumbs down to the idiots who designed it! Thanks for nothing. A ride taking up so much space ... meant to be one of DCA's few E Tickets. An "F" ticket for me!

Among others .... that seem a waste of time ......
                          - Golden Zephyr
                          - Silly Symphany Swings
                          - King Tritons Carousel
                          ..... though I do understand their role in the overall picture ... I always ignore them.

Over in DL ...
                          I'm a sucker for dark rides. If there's no line ... I'll take a spin on Pooh ... but lets be honest here. Pooh came along one of DL's most stringent administrations .. and it shows. It should have been far greeter .. with it's TDL counterpart in stark contrast .. which opened up around the same time. It's too short and lacking.

In Toontown ... from day 1 ... I always thought Chip and Dale's treehouse was an inferior product coming out of The Walt Disney Co. Even by standards meant for kids. Then there's the rest of the homes. Goofy's House .. neutered .. thanks to Disney Lawyers. There is only 1 attraction that brings me into that land .. and that's Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.

A few from the past:

1. Rocket Rods
                          2. Any 3D movie - The repeat factor for every 3D film they do will never hold up to actual rides .. that move!
                          3. Innoventions

Going back even further ....

- Kaiser Hall of Aluminum Fame
                          - Dutch Boy Color Gallery
                          - Monsanto Hall of Chemistry
                          - The Art of Animation
                          - Thimble Drome Flight Circle
                          - Diary Bar
                          - Bathroom of Tomorrow
                          - Monsanto's Fashions and Fabrics through the Ages
                          - Phantom Boats

Walt was never satisfied with all those "county fair" type exhibits. They didn't last long. A few held on for as many as 10 years. A blink of the eye compared to the procrastination the company has today on letting some things go too far - long past the expiration date on it's packaging. ;-) And Phantom Boats is similar to Rocket Rods .... not due to lack of novelty, or interest ... but one too many mechanical issues that put both "6 feet under".
                          Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 02-04-2017, 06:26 AM.
                          MY SIGNATURE:
                          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Pooh isn't that bad. The kids love it and I think the Pooh animatronics are ok. Love the theming of the queue, and the wait is generally minimal.

Finding Nemo Voyage is the worst. It's just a snooze fest. So much real estate taken up by the clunker of an attraction.

At DCA I'd vote for the bread tour if it's still listed on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandAl View Post
                              At DCA I'd vote for the bread tour if it's still listed on the map.
                              I have to disagree slightly as while the attraction is awful I have to say it's nice to get a little piece of free bread while walking wherever I go to dinner to basically keep me going for the walk there.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X