Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Guardians of the galaxy partial exterior revealed!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post

    Regards to your comment regarding CoalingLucy. Yes we the moderators have banned a few select individuals temporarily as a cooling down phase. If they do not learn from that, the ban will become permanent.
    I'm confused. I thought a Micechat ban is permanent, but a suspension is open to reinstatement. Additionally, any attempt to create a new user name from an email address or IP from a number linked to a banned user is also a violation and is an automatic ban of the account.

    Comment


    • I just noticed in the concept art there is a spaceship landing on the right of the tower(circled in red). I'm wondering if this will actually be added to the area. It looks like it's in the area where the trolley comes out of though so I'm not sure if it would be possible.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GameNBurger View Post

        Im not sure I get that from what he posted, the post reads that simply he didn't like it, not that everyone else should agreed with him.

        Maybe it's something like Stockholm syndrome but I'm kind of excited to see the final look of things. I'll be happy when the speculation ends so we can all start armchair imagineering the thing together.
        Thank you GameNBurger you're 100% right, I wasn't saying that at all. Not sure where elle317 got the "real Disneyland fans" quote, but it obviously wasn't from my post.

        "Maybe it's something like Stockholm Syndrome"

        That's pretty funny : )

        Comment


        • Originally posted by amyuilani View Post

          I'm confused. I thought a Micechat ban is permanent, but a suspension is open to reinstatement. Additionally, any attempt to create a new user name from an email address or IP from a number linked to a banned user is also a violation and is an automatic ban of the account.
          As Mod's we have the right to Ban/Suspend any person permanently to temporarily. We do ban by IP / Email but if that person changes any of those they would be able to join the forum again, until we catch that new username and ban/suspend them again.

          Loving Disney Since 2006!
          Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post

            As Mod's we have the right to Ban/Suspend any person permanently to temporarily. We do ban by IP / Email but if that person changes any of those they would be able to join the forum again, until we catch that new username and ban/suspend them again.
            Thank you for clarifying.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Pixtopher View Post
              I just noticed in the concept art there is a spaceship landing on the right of the tower(circled in red). I'm wondering if this will actually be added to the area. It looks like it's in the area where the trolley comes out of though so I'm not sure if it would be possible.

              The concept are looks different than what we've seen so far, IMO. More blue on the current version. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me. As I've said before, I hope the building is 'alive' in more ways than one (lighting, smoke, noise, etc.).

              Comment


              • more scaffolding is coming down on the left side Click image for larger version

Name:	Mattercam 2017-03-23d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	8500065

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gary94080 View Post
                  more scaffolding is coming down on the left side Click image for larger version

Name:	Mattercam 2017-03-23d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	8500065
                  If they were to dirty up the exterior and desaturate some of those pipes so that they're no so vibrant, I think it would look a lot better. As it is, I'm digging the look. I thought the ToT exterior was pretty bland and boring. This livens things up. Also, there are a lot of geometric "cracks" all of the front face of this thing.......I'm wondering if there is going to be some kind of a lighting effect behind those?......so that lights appear in the cracks where all those shapes line up? Could be a pretty cool effect.
                  sigpic
                  "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

                  Comment


                  • I have to admit, even though I was (and still am, to an extent) against this change, the new tower looks really cool. I will be honeymooning there this coming October and I am excited to see what the new experience entails. I have gone from strongly against this , to an "I'll reserve judgement until I try it" stance.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Reeder View Post

                      If they were to dirty up the exterior and desaturate some of those pipes so that they're no so vibrant, I think it would look a lot better. As it is, I'm digging the look. I thought the ToT exterior was pretty bland and boring. This livens things up. Also, there are a lot of geometric "cracks" all of the front face of this thing.......I'm wondering if there is going to be some kind of a lighting effect behind those?......so that lights appear in the cracks where all those shapes line up? Could be a pretty cool effect.
                      I agree, the more I see, the more I dig the look. I actually really enjoy the color palette. Regard how vibrant it is... one thing to consider is that after a year or so of sun bleaching (granted the north side doesn't get as much sun)... the colors should mellow out a bit.

                      Comment


                      • looks like today is the day for the upper part.

                        EDIT: looks like they stopped working around 9:00, just the right side and roof scaffolding is left.

                        anyone in the park? please take some photos of what it looks like behind the theater.
                        . Click image for larger version  Name:	Mattercam 2017-03-25a 0746.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	8500641
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Mattercam 2017-03-25a 0819.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	8500635
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Mattercam 2017-03-25a 0913.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	8500640
                        Last edited by gary94080; 03-25-2017, 12:00 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gary94080 View Post
                          looks like today is the day for the upper part. Click image for larger version  Name:	Mattercam 2017-03-25a 0746.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	8500641
                          click image for larger version name:	mattercam 2017-03-25a 0819.jpg views:	1 size:	80.5 kb id:	8500635
                          click image for larger version name:	mattercam 2017-03-25a 0913.jpg views:	1 size:	77.2 kb id:	8500640
                          ughhhhhhhhhh! Looks like baby's puke.

                          Comment


                          • ADMIN NOTE: Post removed by moderator. Grave Dancing is not permitted here. This is a warning.
                            Last edited by Dustysage; 03-26-2017, 09:09 AM.


                            Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                            Save
                            Sav

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Disney Adventure View Post

                              Thank you GameNBurger you're 100% right, I wasn't saying that at all. Not sure where elle317 got the "real Disneyland fans" quote, but it obviously wasn't from my post.

                              "Maybe it's something like Stockholm Syndrome"

                              That's pretty funny : )
                              This kind of condescension, that is the problem. The constant names and trying to diminish others with snide commentary like that. It reeks of the attidude that you are better, smarter, have more right to an opinion on Disneyland than others who disagree with you.

                              So you know what, congrats, you win. I'm gone. Enjoy your life. I don't have time for the idiocy on this board any more.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
                                ADMIN NOTE: Post removed by moderator. Grave Dancing is not permitted here. This is a warning.
                                It's amazing how many moderators have to step in on discussions about Mission Breakout. Like it really just divides the fan community so much that we need moderators to step in. Really shows how big Disney blew it, imo.

                                Originally posted by elle317 View Post

                                This kind of condescension, that is the problem. The constant names and trying to diminish others with snide commentary like that. It reeks of the attidude that you are better, smarter, have more right to an opinion on Disneyland than others who disagree with you.

                                So you know what, congrats, you win. I'm gone. Enjoy your life. I don't have time for the idiocy on this board any more.
                                It's unfortunate that you're deciding to leave the forums, Elle, but I didn't see anything out of Disney Adventure's post that was condescending. I think these conversations just get too heated sometimes and people, on both sides, end up feeling attacked even though neither side is really attacking the other.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X