Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

People are strangers

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] People are strangers

Do you ever talk with people in line? I've done so and most of the time, I've enjoyed it. A few times, I've regretted it. My daughter has met several "friends for life" while in line for rides. I'm more of an observer that talker though. What's your take?
    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

I love to do it but I definitely observe the people around me first before I engage in conversation. My most recent experience was a good one where I was waiting in line by myself and really connected with the people around me.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

I tend to do it to people on the parade route or world ofcolor. One time the person i was talking to flirted with me and she thought i was 21.

Comment

I'm always with my family so we're talking to each other usually. But I think if I were to go alone or just had the chance to chat with strangers in line, I'd do it! They'd have to be the one to initiate though lol

I'm curious, why did you regret it a few times?

Comment

People are strange when you're a stranger
          Faces look ugly when you're alone
          Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
          Streets are uneven when you're down

No one remembers your name
          When you're strange
          When you're strange
          When you're .............s.t.r.a.n.g.e

Who couldn't resist a few lyrics from a famous Doors song?
          MY SIGNATURE:
          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

On topic ... I can recall a couple people I got to have as friends later. It's nice when that happens.
            In general .... Now .. people are probably glued to their smart phones .. doing whatever to entertain themselves till they board their ride.
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I love doing this. I don't talk to just anyone- like biggsworth, I'll observe before I speak, but it can be fun. It's the main reason I like to wear and trade pins! I'll trade with anyone, but I don't get in to the 'serious' pin-trading. I just think they're a good conversation-starter

Comment

My wife is more of the talker... I'm more the observer.
                She engages people in line-ups, and I end-up getting into the conversation.

A number of years back, we met a really nice couple from San Diego, while waiting for the Candlelight Processional to start.
                We live in Canada, so I haven't seen them since that evening, but we still keep in contact via email.

Comment

I'm not averse to it. Usually BFF and I are chatting madly, but it often happens if I'm alone.

It's usually just a brief conversation or a few remarks to pass the time, though.
                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I often do, but I have to have a good feeling about the people first. I don't remember ever having a bad experience doing this. I've never made any friends whom I've kept by talking to strangers in line. (This doesn't count a couple of MiceChat meetups where I've made great friends.) My daughter has made a couple of friends this way. One of the good things about our internet age is she was able to exchange Facebook or Instagram info and keep in touch that way.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

The majority of my trips have been solo and I've talked to almost nobody anywhere in the park. That's just the way I roll.

Comment

I've had a lot of lovely interactions with people while in lines or waiting for tables, etc. Folks seem to like sharing details of their travels and family celebrations and things like that. Seems to happen a lot. I'm not a real outgoing person, but I do often toss out a, "What a great t-shirt," or something like that. And then things roll from there. I usually don't have to say much else, which is great because I'd rather listen than talk, don't really have the gift for gab, but do enjoy people.

Comment

For the most part yes but, I had a woman come out of nowhere and verbally attack me when I was talking with my wife about our president. I let her finish her rant and politely told her that we come to disney to get away from people like her. End of conversation. The look on her face, priceless!
                          My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

The best thing about DL is that everyone is mostly chatty. It's a whole different world when you enter those gates and everybody is happy. I'm generally a anti-social bug though. I love talking to people for short amounts of time, then I feel like I have to work to listen XD
                            KA CHOW

Comment

I like to observe in line when a group is having fun, like playing "Heads Up." Otherwise if it's a private conversation, I stay out of it. Just because I can hear them and have an opinion doesn't mean it's my business.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X