Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disneyland 2035- What attractions are most likely to be gone?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland 2035- What attractions are most likely to be gone?

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	8493840

I've always thought that the autopia area could serve as potential land for a new attraction or land. Here is how the Disneyland railroad could be rerouted to allow for room for an expanded tomorrowland and a new land in the top most (right) corner of the park. The Disneyland railroad/ parade route could be grade separated, or their level crossing could be preserved. Gone are the subs, autopia, innoventions, the pizza port, the dinosaurs diorama, the tommorowland stage/ grill. The monorail is also rerouted.
    Last edited by Spectacular; 02-22-2017, 12:01 AM.

Autopia for sure. Everyone will own a self driving car by then anyway (i,Robot) lol.
    I doubt they're going to reroute the DLR again for a very long time, but this did give me the cool mental image of it passing alongside the Matterhorn

Comment

Realistically ...

one for sure ...

The Kodak Magic Eye Theater

In case no one has noticed ... Disney has not produced any 4D film Attractions in 14 years.

Lets take a look at history ... the format began with .....

1982 - Magic Journeys
      1986 - Captain EO
      1989 - Muppet Vision 3D
      1994 - Honey, I shrunk the audience
      1998 - It's tough to be a bug
      2003 - Mickey's Philharmagic

Disney was pumping them out regularly ... and then they just stopped! There's been plenty of rumors swirling around for future 4D projects .... but I think this format is as nearly dead as Circle Vision. And I think a BIG factor is ..... 3D films have become so common in our local multiplexes .. it's no longer something special one would only find in a theme park. Plus .... they don't have the same repeatability as ride-thru attractions. They become stale quickly ... with audiences dwindling faster than other attraction formats.

So .. it won't be tomorrow or the next day, or even next year ... but you all watch ......... Disney has shown a 14 year dis-interest in the format ... and therefore .. the time will come you see that theater bite the dust!
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Autopia and Magic Eye are dying. Launch Bay is not permanent. I would drop Storybook Land and Casey Jr, but that's not happening. Gadget will get a retheme. Subs will get a major refurb. Winnie the Pooh is expendable. Jellyfish and Sky School will go. KTC will go. Monsters will. Will need to see what happens with GotG, but a redress is possible. Bugs land will have a redress. The soundstage in the backlot that used to be Hollywood and Dine could hold a dark ride. Muppets and ITTBAB aren't gonna stick.

Comment

By 2035 any attraction that hasn't been top-to-bottom reskinned to promote a Disney-owned brand will have been either closed, turned into a history exhibit like the Mark Twain and Disneyland Railroad are currently, or replaced by an entirely new branded attraction. High maintenance-and-staffing attractions like the Monorail and Submarines will have been closed years before, as part of the move to turn the DLR into a high efficiency, low operating-cost brand marketing venue.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
            Realistically ...

one for sure ...

The Kodak Magic Eye Theater

In case no one has noticed ... Disney has not produced any 4D film Attractions in 14 years.

Lets take a look at history ... the format began with .....

1982 - Magic Journeys
            1986 - Captain EO
            1989 - Muppet Vision 3D
            1994 - Honey, I shrunk the audience
            1998 - It's tough to be a bug
            2003 - Mickey's Philharmagic

Disney was pumping them out regularly ... and then they just stopped! There's been plenty of rumors swirling around for future 4D projects .... but I think this format is as nearly dead as Circle Vision. And I think a BIG factor is ..... 3D films have become so common in our local multiplexes .. it's no longer something special one would only find in a theme park. Plus .... they don't have the same repeatability as ride-thru attractions. They become stale quickly ... with audiences dwindling faster than other attraction formats.

So .. it won't be tomorrow or the next day, or even next year ... but you all watch ......... Disney has shown a 14 year dis-interest in the format ... and therefore .. the time will come you see that theater bite the dust!
            Weren't Magic Journeys and Captain EO 3D? I know Captain EO became 4D when it came back. Or does the fog trick in its original run make it 4D? I ask out of curiosity.

Comment

2035 isn't that far away actually so I will say that not much will change. If I had to pick things that would be gone or replaced I would start with much of TL Autopia, Nemo subs, SWLB, the Magic eye theater will be something else. TL might actually be redone by then!!!!! In regards to the subs and Autopia I am not sure they would really be gone but i think major facelifts are in order or redesigns.

In Fantasyland I say no major changes to any of the attractions that are there today. But by this time maybe they would have added something to the motorboat cruise area and Toontown would be lumped into it as well as the FL theater torn down for an attraction.

In Frontierland I see no major changes to the attractions just little enhancements here and there.

NOS no major changes. Maybe some "enhancements" to POTC and HM whether or not they are good ones or not well we shall see.

Critter Country I could see pooh get wiped away and replaced with something more current.

The Star Wars area will have a third attraction

AL no major changes just little enhancements for the attractions. Maybe they will finally bring back a table service restaurant.

MS USA No major changes.

Hopefully DCA will be more complete by 2035 but I think this thread is for DL proper only.
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

Pooh...Buzz...Star Tours....Toontown....Autopia (or at least so changed its almost nothing like it has been)...and maybe Space Mountain( or at least SO updated its no longer just a coaster in the dark)
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Magic Journeys was strictly 3D (and very impressive "reach out and touch" 3D it was), but Captain EO had fog and lasers so, technically, you could say it was the first "4D" film at DLR. I don't think that term became fashionable until the 90s, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4D_film

Comment

in all honesty, if we continue down this path I would say everything that doesn't advertise, reflect, or create profit for a company "like" Marvel. The next big thing will take over the classics.
                    KA CHOW

Comment

Looking at your map, that's a lot of land. Like you said, a new land would fit. But I would give the north half to a big FL expansion: A big eticket like Beauty and the Beast or Frozen, and a couple smaller classic FL-style darkrides, maybe Cinderella and a Peter Pan-style Aladdin Flying Carpet ride (only longer!). The southern part can go to TL.
                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Spectacular View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	8493840

. Here is how the Disneyland railroad could be rerouted to allow for room for an expanded tomorrowland
                        Expanded? According to your map .. you want it to shrink.

While I agree the entire Autopia area could be repurposed ... I don't want to see Tomorrowland shrink at all.

MY SIGNATURE:
                        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Mission Breakout
                          "The birds will poop in the food" - Walt Disney

Comment

Monsters Inc as the films seem to be done and it doesn't seem to be popular except on the most crowded of days, and it isn't much to look at from the outside either.

Comment

They could half Autopia and make is different style of ride where a self driving vehicle takes through and out door setting highlighting many of the technological breakthroughs we have had over the years and also showing some of the misses that where envisioned that never came to be or where pass over for better tech. Autopia would still exist but it would stand for Automatic Utopia. The could take the top half and use it for the FL expansion. The sub area could be kept and a better sub type ride could be put in it's place like a Nemo Adventure ride to bridge the transition between Fl and TL. In short yes I see Autopia and the subs being greatly reduced or removed. Pooh could be removed but potentially only to replace it with a more enhanced version. Magic Eye Theter will be gone and Carousel of Prog. building will be gutted for something else or removed. Buzz Maybe be gone as well. In DCA I see swings, JellyFish , Golden Zephyr and Sky School gone for a DCA expansion of some sort.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X