Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Tale As Old AS TIME Time - Red Rose Tavern and Maurice's Treats Open

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tale As Old AS TIME Time - Red Rose Tavern and Maurice's Treats Open

Headed to get week 2 AP Days buttons and build your own floats when we heard Red Rose Tavern and Maurice's Treats had their Tale As Old AS Time soft openings.

First stop, Maurice's Treats where we tried the new Grey stuff twist and Grey Stuff Dipping sauce. The new twist has a chocolate/cookie taste but was light and flaky. The dipping sauce is a creamy mousse that tastes very much like oreos. It complimented the twist but I could easily eat entire cups full of this on its own.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	maurices treats sign.jpg Views:	2 Size:	27.2 KB ID:	8494387

Click image for larger version  Name:	grey stuf maurices.jpg Views:	1 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	8494388

Next we headed to the Red Rose Tavern (Pinocchio Village Tavern) which has yet to be made over into its full decor but has soft opened the entire new menu with antler horns on the corners. The lines were large and service was slow as they haven't quite found their groove for the extended menu. It was packed with people excited to try the new items. We ordered the chicken sandwich, poutine Flatbread and Grey Stuff Gateaux. It took 20 minutes to get the food but once we did I have to say we were not disappointed.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	menu red rose 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	8494393

Here's my thoughts on each:

Chicken Sandwich A LA Lumiere - sweet, salty and a little spicy this sandwich is one of the better new food offerings at DLR. The bacon onion jam was delicious and I would put it on anything. I did not care for the new Parmesan garlic fries that came with the sandwich but that's cos they were cold. Maybe they will be better when fresh. 8/10
    Click image for larger version  Name:	chicken sandwich 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.9 KB ID:	8494389

Click image for larger version  Name:	chicken lumiere 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.3 KB ID:	8494391

Poutine Flatbread - Easily my favorite new dish at DLR. You must try it. The gravy and slow cooked beef aren't too salty and the Flatbread was crispy and cooked well. The pickled onions add the tang needed to bring it all together and surprisingly the French fries work well. I would order this anytime. 10/10
    Click image for larger version  Name:	poutine flatbread 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	8494390

Grey Stuff Gateaux - completely different to the Walt Disney world Grey stuff...the cookie mousse outer layer hides a surprisingly moist red velvet cake and raspberry coulis that is tangy and a little sour but not in a puckering way They all work really well together and aren't cloyingly sweet. The real let down is the cookie base. It was dry and flavorless. Lumiere was right. The Grey stuff is delicious. 8/10
    Click image for larger version  Name:	grey stuff gateaux1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	27.3 KB ID:	8494392

Click image for larger version  Name:	grey stuff gateaux 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.0 KB ID:	8494394

overall a total success. I need to go back and try other items but it's going to be hard to top that flatbread. Check it out!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by englishpauliewalle; 02-23-2017, 04:10 PM.

deleted
    Last edited by englishpauliewalle; 02-23-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

My trip is more than 6 months away, this could be all gone, by then. I hope not.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by englishpauliewalle View Post
        Headed to get week 2 AP Days buttons and build your own floats when we heard Red Rose Tavern and Maurice's Treats had their Tale As Old AS Time soft openings.

First stop, Maurice's Treats where we tried the new Grey stuff twist and Grey Stuff Dipping sauce. The new twist has a chocolate/cookie taste but was light and flaky. The dipping sauce is a creamy mousse that tastes very much like oreos. It complimented the twist but I could easily eat entire cups full of this on its own.
        Click image for larger version Name:	maurices treats sign.jpg Views:	2 Size:	27.2 KB ID:	8494387

Click image for larger version Name:	grey stuf maurices.jpg Views:	1 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	8494388

Next we headed to the Red Rose Tavern (Pinocchio Village Tavern) which has yet to be made over into its full decor but has soft opened the entire new menu with antler horns on the corners. The lines were large and service was slow as they haven't quite found their groove for the extended menu. It was packed with people excited to try the new items. We ordered the chicken sandwich, poutine Flatbread and Grey Stuff Gateaux. It took 20 minutes to get the food but once we did I have to say we were not disappointed.
        Click image for larger version Name:	menu red rose 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	8494393

Here's my thoughts on each:

Chicken Sandwich A LA Lumiere - sweet, salty and a little spicy this sandwich is one of the better new food offerings at DLR. The bacon onion jam was delicious and I would put it on anything. I did not care for the new Parmesan garlic fries that came with the sandwich but that's cos they were cold. Maybe they will be better when fresh. 8/10
        Click image for larger version Name:	chicken sandwich 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.9 KB ID:	8494389

Click image for larger version Name:	chicken lumiere 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.3 KB ID:	8494391

Poutine Flatbread - Easily my favorite new dish at DLR. You must try it. The gravy and slow cooked beef aren't too salty and the Flatbread was crispy and cooked well. The pickled onions add the tang needed to bring it all together and surprisingly the French fries work well. I would order this anytime. 10/10
        Click image for larger version Name:	poutine flatbread 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	8494390

Grey Stuff Gateaux - completely different to the Walt Disney world Grey stuff...the cookie mousse outer layer hides a surprisingly moist red velvet cake and raspberry coulis that is tangy and a little sour but not in a puckering way They all work really well together and aren't cloyingly sweet. The real let down is the cookie base. It was dry and flavorless. Lumiere was right. The Grey stuff is delicious. 8/10
        Click image for larger version Name:	grey stuff gateaux1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	27.3 KB ID:	8494392

Click image for larger version Name:	grey stuff gateaux 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.0 KB ID:	8494394

overall a total success. I need to go back and try other items but it's going to be hard to top that flatbread. Check it out!!!
        Thank you for sharing! Wow I will have to try those Saturday! I appreciate it.
        http://maryskitchen.org/

Comment

By any chance did you notice if they have an allergy menu?
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
            By any chance did you notice if they have an allergy menu?
            Not related necessarily but I ate at Tortilla Joe's last night and they surprisingly had a number, 10-15, of gluten free items on their menu. A tip for that place, go upstairs and sit at the bar. Same menu, rarely any wait at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post

Not related necessarily but I ate at Tortilla Joe's last night and they surprisingly had a number, 10-15, of gluten free items on their menu. A tip for that place, go upstairs and sit at the bar. Same menu, rarely any wait at all.
              We haven't eaten there yet, but every time we've walked by one of us has said "We gotta eat there!". I think for us as 'long distance' tourists (No Cal) who make one or two trips a year, we're loath to give up 'park time' to eat at DTD. Most of our meals at DTD have been on our arrival or departure days which are usually non-park days.
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

We haven't eaten there yet, but every time we've walked by one of us has said "We gotta eat there!". I think for us as 'long distance' tourists (No Cal) who make one or two trips a year, we're loath to give up 'park time' to eat at DTD. Most of our meals at DTD have been on our arrival or departure days which are usually non-park days.
                I see, makes sense.

Comment

Even though we were still pretty full from having lunch at the Carthay Circle restaurant, mom and I decided to have dinner there to give it a try. I had the slow cooked beef poutine and my mom had the pulled pork flatbread....both were very tasty, though I had them not put the pickled onions on mine.
                  sigpic"Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

Comment

Thanks! Especially for the inside pic of the cake! Unfortunately they were out of the grey stuff gateaux when I went, but the lemon rose cake was a pleasant and delicate surprise. It's a very light, creamy custard/pudding with just a hint of lemon above a chocolatey cookie bottom with little crunchy chocolate balls and a berry compote type filling.

The slow cooked beef poutine fries are great (portion is fine but could be a little bigger for the price). My complaint is that it was fairly cold; quick service does not need to be that quick.

Comment

[QUOTE=englishpauliewalle;n8494354]The real let down is the cookie base. It was dry and flavorless.[QUOTE]

Um... That's a cardboard platter for the dessert to be build on.
                      Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X