Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Over this weekend the MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

What is your unpopular Disneyland opinion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your unpopular Disneyland opinion?

What are some things about Disneyland that you love that others can't stand, or things that you can't stand that others love?

(Please nothing about crowds or prices. Those topics have been beaten to death, including by me.)

Me: I have never been a fan of Country Bear Jamboree. There were 3 different versions of the show, and I was totally "meh" about all of them. On the other hand, I kind of like Pooh. It's cute with the bouncy hunny pots, and "Heffalumps and Woozles" is one of my favorite Disney songs. It's not on my must-do list, but if it's a walk-on, why not?

Others?

I think they should keep the Fantasyland Theatre with Mickey and the Magical Map FOREVER!!!!! I don't think that's too popular of an opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandaddict13 View Post
      I think they should keep the Fantasyland Theatre with Mickey and the Magical Map FOREVER!!!!! I don't think that's too popular of an opinion...
      I so agree. Love to Matt and Jordan.

Comment

Myself, I don't care for the old animatronics. They look clearly old and fake. Pandora's look good so far though.

As for things I love others may not, the red car trolley show.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandaddict13 View Post
          Back in the 90s, there were a wealth of wonderful FLT shows, including Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, and Animazement. Pocahontas was my least favorite of them, and Beauty and the Beast was wonderful. I didn't care for Snow White at all. The production quality was good, but it just didn't connect. I have only seen Magical Map once and it reminded me of an updated Animazement.

Comment

Haunted Mansion Holiday is the worst!

Comment

There's no place I'd rather be than at a Disney park! Even though all my friends say its just for kids and have no interest whatsoever in going.

Comment

I don't think anything at the parks is sacred. I wouldn't mind losing pirates if it meant getting something of superior quality.

I think my only exception would be the castle.
                In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Star Wars and Marvel don't belong in Disneyland (the park, not the resort). Though I think there are quite a few people that agree I think there are a lot more that don't and I think this is a big area of contention that will only grow as we get closer to 2019.

Comment

Storybook Land and Casey Jr are boring and expendable.
                    RIP Maliboomer - I waited my whole life to that point, and got to ride you once. I will forever miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by mtlchuck View Post
                      There's no place I'd rather be than at a Disney park! Even though all my friends say its just for kids and have no interest whatsoever in going.
                      My mom's husband is very judgmental of people who like Disney and who work for the company. I just brush him off. I don't need to justify my love of the parks to him or anyone else. If they want to say it's just for kids, then fine. That just means there's no one around to ruin your happy place for you!

Comment

That it is OK to say "No Windows and No doors" right along with our Ghost Host.
                        "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." Eeyore

Comment

The Turkey legs look disgusting and I don't think I'll ever try those.

I love the Small World Music. I always hear from friends and family how they can't stand "that song".

Can't stand that they put Johnny Depp or any of those other characters in POTC.

I'm more than happy to just sit on a bench all day and take it all in. I'm in no hurry to get on rides.

Don't care too much for the Sailing Ship Columbia. Seems like it's always closed.

Don't care too much for parades either. We've taken our kids numerous times and have yet to see a parade.

I love shows at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

I love the smell of the water on Pirates even though I'm sure it's very polluted.

Space Mountain is not even on my top 10 list of favorite rides. I probably go once every 5 trips to Dland.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
                            I don't think anything at the parks is sacred. I wouldn't mind losing pirates if it meant getting something of superior quality.

I think my only exception would be the castle.
                            Although I HIGHLY disagree, this is a pretty good one.

Comment

I am not sure how unpopular this is but I think Toontown is a waste of space and does not fit the park aesthetically.

Comment

Do I dare?

I'd rather have Rocket Rods returned than PM (no disrespect PM I'd love you too!)
                                Last edited by Jesser-pie; 02-24-2017, 11:48 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

1. Winnie the Pooh is actually a ride I need to hit on my visits. It's hysterical, but that could be because I've given it an alternative storyline. "and here is where Winnie smokes, and then now everything looks wonky and he has social anxiety and the characters look scary, he was so overwhelmed he took a nap and when he woke up he was found raiding the honey cabinet..."

2. Submarine Voyage is actually great. I love that the first 4 of 5 minutes are without show you can become immersed in the ride vehicle experience before diving into the animated stuff. Longer ride, too, which is a plus. Wouldn't defend it or autopia in a TL renovation though.

Which leads me to unpopular opinion 3: I dislike the entire east side of the park, from the monorail, to the sub lagoon and tomorrowland. it all has to go.

4. The castle, Matterhorn, the space between them/parade route, and that odd path that bisects matterhorn and tomorrowland that looks like backstage, all aren't that great. I'd keep the castle longer than any of them obviously, but the forced perspective/rockwork has come a long way since matterhorn, and I really enjoy that ride, but it just looks like cheese to me and I wonder how it could be reskinned to look a little better.

5. and I'm seriously curious what a widened main street with backstage pushed underground and a bigger castle could look like.

East side of the park versus the west side are like night and day. Definitely prefer the west and challenge everyone to image how the area surrounding the sub lagoon could be reprogrammed like new orleans square to inspire people to relax along its shores, eat, how the sub/autopia building could be more picturesque. Doubt that is a controversial opinion.

Unpopular Opinion #6: Wouldn't avatar be great behind Jungle Cruise?
                                  Last edited by nevol; 02-24-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bingocimo View Post
                                    Star Wars and Marvel don't belong in Disneyland (the park, not the resort). Though I think there are quite a few people that agree I think there are a lot more that don't and I think this is a big area of contention that will only grow as we get closer to 2019.
                                    I am right there with you. While I have kids and a husband that love those things. I have never been a fan of either. Heck the only reason I have done the Star Wars and Super Heroes marathon weekends was for my 14 yr old. My husband would never been able to handle those things.

I am with rockabillylaker, I could sit on a bench and take things in. I would have a nice treat though as I was. LOL I enjoy Small World while I know there are those that can't stand it.

Toontown was mentioned but its an area I love. With my kids at the ages they are we still go back there and when my friend visits we do as well.

Things I don't care for that many love rides like ToT/Guardians. Its just not for me doing those drops so its one I have never gone on and never will. I can't stand Screamin either. Did it once and never again.

Back in the 90s, there were a wealth of wonderful FLT shows, including Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, and Animazement. Pocahontas was my least favorite of them, and Beauty and the Beast was wonderful. I didn't care for Snow White at all. The production quality was good, but it just didn't connect. I have only seen Magical Map once and it reminded me of an updated Animazement.
                                    I really liked the Snow White one. It was probably more so because my youngest son loved Snow White when he was little (and Evil Queen is my fav). We took him to watch that and I still remember how in awe he was of it all and have pictures of his little face just watching the show and all his expressions he had during it. Boy has time flown..he is going to be 15 soon. I like having the option of the show back there. Its a nice break on the feet and out of the sun. Not something we do each time but once in awhile. I do agree that Pocahontas was not the best of them done there.
                                    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

That JC is and always was a poor use of space. It's debated every road trip to DL in my family/party for, well, decades.

I feel that in Walts day, it was a way to add alotta something for lower cost. It was, after all, the 1st attraction to be plussed. However, I think JC was left in the dust over the years even after multiple plussings.

Do I want it replaced by a mountain? Not necessarily. But something on par with HM or RSR. I'd like there to be an e-ticket, merch, a couple food places, walkways, ya know a general expansion of the land.

Most of us know of Walts adoration of trains, but to the uninitiated, you'd think that he was obsessed with boats. A different ride system and general rework of all that acerage could more than make up for the loss of a 1955 attraction.
                                      As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                                      Guardians Of The Galaxy
                                      Mission: Breakout
                                      ...is abbreviated like this
                                      GOTG M:B
                                      The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                                      That is all. 😉

Comment

I don't want Fantasmic to come back. I like NOS better without it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X