Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Swisskapolka

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Swisskapolka

I watched a bit of "Swiss Family Robinson" today, and there is a scene where middle son Ernst (Tommy Kirk*) discovers that the ship's pipe organ still works. Got me thinking about the "Swisskapolka" that used to play continuously from high atop the tree house. I have such a distinct memory of hearing that tune -- mostly, the lower, bass notes -- that was a constant background rhythm in the area. I remember walking in step to the beat, and I will always associate it with standing in line for Pirates. Well, at least, in that "side alley" area where the line used to switch back during busy days (I guess that's now part of the Indy queue?) I kind of miss it. Wait -- doesn't it still play, albeit in a different version, at a lower volume? I confess I haven't been up in the tree house for a long time -- perhaps only once since it got "De-Swissified". On a side note, it occurred to me that when the tree house was first built, it would have been an "IP-based attraction" -- something that seems to be decried quite a bit these days.

*My childhood dentist was Tommy Kirk's brother!

I don't think I have been up that treehouse more than three times in the decade since it converted to Tarzan. The Swisskapolka is on enough park soundtracks that I can still enjoy it.

Comment

They do play it a little at the very end, in that "playground" area. It's playing on an old phonograph.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

It still plays, but it's now playing on a phonograph in the little play area at the exit. Also, the little alley next to POTC is still used as a POTC switchback when it's busy out

Comment

Thanks all for the info about the music still playing, and the little alley. I'm glad the alley is still there, but I wonder if it's used much at all?

Comment

I sure do miss hearing, the soundtracks Swisskapolka from the "Swiss Family Robinson"Tree House
            all over Adventureland......Just glad , I do have a CD of that Attracton
            Last edited by Eagleman; 02-24-2017, 07:14 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

One of my favorite memories: Going to the River Belle Terrace for breakfast, ordering Mickey Mouse pancakes, watching them made in front of me while I waited, and served on china plates. Then eating on the Adventureland side outdoors, listening to the Swisskapolka in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post
                Thanks all for the info about the music still playing, and the little alley. I'm glad the alley is still there, but I wonder if it's used much at all?
                Last time I saw it used was around August

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland67 View Post
                  One of my favorite memories: Going to the River Belle Terrace for breakfast, ordering Mickey Mouse pancakes, watching them made in front of me while I waited, and served on china plates. Then eating on the Adventureland side outdoors, listening to the Swisskapolka in the background.
                  Ahhhh yes, that sounds wonderful! I also have fond memories of going to the River Belle and sitting out on the terrace in the cool quiet morning air.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Optimist View Post
                    Last time I saw it used was around August
                    Interesting! Thanks, Wandering Optimist.

Comment

No Problem, I'm going again in a week so I'll see if it's still in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland67 View Post
                        Woe "The Good Old Days" ......that one of my favorite memories as well !
                        What a way to start your day , at "DISNEYLAND"

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I sure miss those River Belle Terrace breakfasts, too. The new setup with the table service BBQ doesn't seem to be a big hit. (Never seems too crowded -- maybe because it's overpriced.)
                          I keep hoping that this experiment will end and they bring back the breakfast. I've seen so many people wish for it here and at other DL websites. Fingers crossed on this one!
                          Last edited by Pips; 02-26-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
                            I sure miss those River Belle Terrace breakfasts, too. The new setup with the table service BBQ doesn't seem to be a bit hit. (Never seems too crowded -- maybe because it's overpriced.)
                            I keep hoping that this experiment will end and they bring back the breakfast. !
                            River Belle Terrace, was very relaxing place, for breakfast near the River and watch theMark Twain ,steaming by
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Fingers crossed
                            Who knows ,I can hope on hearing again Swisskapolka in the background as well .

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The ambiance of the water wheel and those bamboo cups taking the water up to the sink! The Swisskapolka playing from the organ with the sounds of birds coming from the Jungle Cruise. During Christmas the music changed to a Christmas theme. Now, the Swisskapolka is playing on the old Phonograph player, the sound altered to sound as if it's coming out of the speaker with skips, and needle dragging.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X