Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with 3 days at the parks.

Good morning! We are headed to DL in June for our first stay ever. My sons are 9 and 16. We are from the east coast and plan on visiting So Cal for 8 days, 3 at DL. We usually travel to WDW every year. We are staying at Grand Californian. Just wondering how I should break up our days? I was thinking 2 days DL and 1 CA but would love your advise. We are early risers so rope drop is easy for us. Thank you so much!

Originally posted by plutosmypal View Post
    Good morning! We are headed to DL in June for our first stay ever. My sons are 9 and 16. We are from the east coast and plan on visiting So Cal for 8 days, 3 at DL. We usually travel to WDW every year. We are staying at Grand Californian. Just wondering how I should break up our days? I was thinking 2 days DL and 1 CA but would love your advise. We are early risers so rope drop is easy for us. Thank you so much!
    2 days in DL, and 1 day in DCA is perfect, I live here in Anaheim, but just had my family visit for the first time and we did everything in 3 days.

you can finish DCA in one day by utilizing fast pass, be sure to get a fast pass for radiator springs racers right in the morning, be sure to read the bottom of your fast pass, it indicates when you can get you next fast pass, for example even if it says your fast pass is 4:10 pm to 5:10 pm, you can normally get another fast pass a few hours after getting the original. The big 3 rides you will generally need a fast pass for is Radiator springs racers, Soarin, and Guardians of the Galaxy (because it will be open when you visit), fastpass for these attractions tend to run out pretty quickly for these 3 rides. ALSO be sure to grab a Fastpass for World of Color right after you grab your radiator springs racers fast pass. The World of color fastpass is not effected by the other fast passes you have, but it ensures you will be able to see the show, as the standby section si very small and way in the back. World of color fast passes are distributed at Grizzly River Run fast pass area.

For Disneyland, you will want to be sure to ride Hyperspace mountain first thing in the morning, it generally has a very short wait then, by afternoon it can be hitting 120 minutes some days, and if you can't be sure to get a fast pass by no later than 11am.

Additionally the left side of the park is pretty empty first thing in the morning, so if you hit that in one of the mornings as well you can get allot done. It defiantly possible todo it all in 3 days, but I can assure you you will be doing allot of running back and forth, be sure to use the Disneyland app for wait times.
    Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

You really might want to consider park-hopper passes Disneyland and California Adventure are slapped right next to each other- it's a five-minute walk between them. The convenience is unsurpassed.

Comment

Make sure you use the early morning entrance that lets you in an hour before the park opens for the rest of the people. You will be able to get on RSR right away (unless it is down) and possibly the great escape. We have gone in early before and gotten a lot done before the park opened. Just be at the gates at least 30 minuets before they open for the resort hotels, an hour is better.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseknotts View Post
          Make sure you use the early morning entrance that lets you in an hour before the park opens for the rest of the people. You will be able to get on RSR right away (unless it is down) and possibly the great escape. We have gone in early before and gotten a lot done before the park opened. Just be at the gates at least 30 minuets before they open for the resort hotels, an hour is better.
          Agree. Do early entry each morning there. For DCA hit RSR first, then if its still short do it again or move on to rides like TSMM and Soarin. You can always head back towards the FP machines for RSR when the parks open and be able to grab some. In DL make sure you know what ones are the most important you want to hit. If you get there early enough and towards the front of the early entry line head for Peter Pan or Hyperspace. Then move on to rides like Star Tours, Indy, and whatever else you can fill in during that time. BTW, another way to do Peter Pan without waiting in the sun during the day is go over to where the line is set up for it during fireworks time (if you are there are on day for them). My friend and I did it a few summers ago this way and it was just so much better. Either that or make it a late night ride when its getting closer to closing. Another suggestion is make sure everyone has a must do list of rides to hit. This way those aren't missed. Have fun!!
          A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

Thank you all so much! Everything I heard about micechat is proving true . You all are so helpful. We will definitely get park hoppers and hit rope drop in the morning! I was worried 3 days wouldn't be enough.

Comment

That's a great plan! Ya'll are going to have so much fun!
              Theme Park Brews - Where theme parks are just half the fun!

http://youtube.com/ThemeParkBrews

Comment

Originally posted by mouseknotts View Post
                I am going to disagree with this. After 15 years or so of Magic Mornings, we have found that it is best to start at the park that does NOT have the early entry. Everyone lines up and enters the early entry park leaving the opposite park relatively quiet for the first few hours of the day.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by frihauf View Post

I am going to disagree with this. After 15 years or so of Magic Mornings, we have found that it is best to start at the park that does NOT have the early entry. Everyone lines up and enters the early entry park leaving the opposite park relatively quiet for the first few hours of the day.

Ben
                  This.

Last time I went to CA when Disneyland opened early. Best decision ever. Seems like DL's more crowded on magic mornings than normal (during opening hours anyway). You can get virtually the same 'magic morning' experience every day so long as you're there waiting at the gate at opening. But nothing beats how empty CA is when people are all going across the esplanade for 'magic morning'

Comment

I always tell the kids to pick 3 rides they want most to ride for each day and those are the ones we do first. After that, everything feels like a bonus and makes for a more relaxed day. Plan ahead for your parade and/or fireworks shows. Have you heard about single rider? If one or more of you party want to squeeze in a ride while the other rests, this can be great in DCA for RSR, and Screamin'.

Think about attractions such as Turtle Talk, Animation Academy, Tiki Room, etc. as rest breaks you can take in the parks. Hope you have a great trip!

Comment

I like to use a service like Ride Max or Touringplans to help me plan a trip to Disneyland. You plug in your dates and times, which attractions you want to see, and when you want to take your breaks, and it will give you a rough schedule for your day. The main advantage of a service like this is that you can avoid waiting in overly long lines. The main drawback is that it can send you pingponging around the parks, but I'll take that any day over torturing my knees in an hour+ long line. IIRC, these services let you set a slower walking pace and possibly a shorter distance from one attraction to the next, so there shouldn't be much need to push your group along. Some may not like the idea of scheduling a trip to Disneyland, but I've found that I don't really have to stick too strictly to the schedule, and I often wind up with a little extra time to kill.

Here's a video I found of a family testing out Ride Max (though you should compare it with Touringplans to see which you prefer):

Comment

Originally posted by matman730 View Post
                        I like to use a service like Ride Max or Touringplans to help me plan a trip to Disneyland. You plug in your dates and times, which attractions you want to see, and when you want to take your breaks, and it will give you a rough schedule for your day. The main advantage of a service like this is that you can avoid waiting in overly long lines. The main drawback is that it can send you pingponging around the parks, but I'll take that any day over torturing my knees in an hour+ long line. IIRC, these services let you set a slower walking pace and possibly a shorter distance from one attraction to the next, so there shouldn't be much need to push your group along. Some may not like the idea of scheduling a trip to Disneyland, but I've found that I don't really have to stick too strictly to the schedule, and I often wind up with a little extra time to kill.

Here's a video I found of a family testing out Ride Max (though you should compare it with Touringplans to see which you prefer):
                        I loved to plan and we always use Touringplans at WDW. Thank you for the great ideas. I will check out Ride Max!

Comment

Originally posted by javaMom64 View Post
                          I always tell the kids to pick 3 rides they want most to ride for each day and those are the ones we do first. After that, everything feels like a bonus and makes for a more relaxed day. Plan ahead for your parade and/or fireworks shows. Have you heard about single rider? If one or more of you party want to squeeze in a ride while the other rests, this can be great in DCA for RSR, and Screamin'.

Think about attractions such as Turtle Talk, Animation Academy, Tiki Room, etc. as rest breaks you can take in the parks. Hope you have a great trip!
                          I never thought of using single rider this way thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
                            You really might want to consider park-hopper passes Disneyland and California Adventure are slapped right next to each other- it's a five-minute walk between them. The convenience is unsurpassed.
                            I would also recommend this if you can afford it at least for one of the days. So you can go back to any park on a whims notice if there's somethin you missed or want to ride again. Not to mention you can get fastpasses in both parks at the same times so you can really get everything done .

Comment

Also when it comes to fastpasses Space Mountain and Indiana Jones will run out quickly so get those fastpasses first, then at California Adventure, Radiator Springs and The new guardians Tower of Terror ride whatever it is will most likely be gone fast as well as Soarin

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X