Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Camping Out Along Main Street Will Be Prohibited (?)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Camping Out Along Main Street Will Be Prohibited (?)

Update: This is not a rumor. No camping or waiting allowed until the poles and ropes start going up. No more laying down a huge blanket and having one person guard it. If the entire group is not there, the blanket will be folded up to accommodate just the one person. THIS POLICY BEGINS 2/27.
    Last edited by Natalie Price; 02-26-2017, 08:05 PM.

This would be a very welcome change to the parks. It would absolutely require security as I imagine at first there will be some rather contentious exchanges between CMs and guests.

I think all they would have to do is simply say no blankets till 1 hour, or thirty minutes before the show.

A complete ban on blankets camping would also be nice, but I see some justifiable reasons to use them, but only right before a shows, but who knows,

It will take time to change this embedded bad behavior, but it would be worth it to improve the overall experience in the parks for all visitors.

I remember the days that you could walk up and find a place to watch the parade or view Fantasmic! with only minutes to spare and that was less than 10 years ago.

The camping issue is out of control.
    Last edited by Golden Zephyr; 02-26-2017, 06:47 AM.

Comment

No doubt security will be needed, as some people seem to be highly passionate defenders of the "right" to camp out at Disneyland.

I've read some extremely heated discussions about this subject. Those who advocate the practice are unable to see, or unwilling to acknowledge how it might negatively impact the enjoyment of others or detract from the ambience of the park.

Using a blanket to increase comfort and keep clothes clean while watching the parade is reasonable and understandable. Using them to claim and control a piece of Disney's Main Street for a family's exclusive use for the remainder of the day is not.

Camping out is a challenge to Disney's authority over their own property and their right to provide free and open access to it for all of their guests at their discretion. Disney designed their walkways to optimize traffic flow and guest safety and comfort. They have a right and a responsibility to determine how those walkways should be used, and to insist that they should not be obstructed by blankets or other guest property without Disney's permission. As camping behaviour becomes increasingly extreme, Disney really had to step in eventually to put a stop to it for the good of everyone.
      Last edited by whiteness; 02-26-2017, 06:21 AM.

Comment

^^ What Golden Zephyr and whiteness said. And there had better be security there, and plenty of 'em, backing up the CMs. Some of the customers who are accustomed to treating Disneyland like the public beach aren't going to give up their sense of entitlement easily.
        "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

If this is so, I'd say they should start with simply removing empty blankets. After a week or two of that, then move to one person/one blanket (i.e. no saving for others or maybe just one other). After a week or two of that, then it'll have to be 'move along, move along, no stopping please'. But you're just going to end up with people 'staging' themselves in stores, near the entrances to the Lands, at the Train Station waiting for that '30 minutes before the parade' to rush to a spot on the curb.

There's no way to 'rope off' sections of MS (other than the current VIP sections) as they do for F! and WoC without creating a huge 'squeezed' walkway..
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

They might have to start treating blankets like selfie-sticks if people are unwilling to moderate their behavior. Which would be very sad, because there are legitimate uses for blankets that don't detract from other guest's enjoyment or safety.

But one could say the same about selfie-sticks...

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
              You may have noticed that the (annoying) habit of throwing down blankets along the parade route, specifically Main Street, 4-5 hours before the Electrical Parade is now becoming commonplace, much like it was during pre-fastpass Fantasmic. So I've been hearing that the Cast Members who work GSO (Guest Control Operations) have been instructed to enforce a "no camping" policy.
              The question is...how would they enforce this? The camping starts before the GSO Cast Members even show up for their shift. Will Security have to walk up and down the parade route? Will all CMs be required to enforce this, much the same way all CMs enforce the selfie stick ban? Guess we'll have to see.

Source?

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post
                Source?
                A "rumor", right?

Comment

Looks like she stated where she heard it.

I've heard it too but as mr wiggins said it's going to be tough for cast members to do, even security, with guests who sit for hours and are used to leaving their stuff out.

Comment

I don't see that she posted the source of the rumor. There are a few reputable sites that, when info gets posted, are worth keeping in mind. Otherwise they're fan sites and don't carry that much weight. I am curious as to which site this rumor came from.

Comment

Disneyland has become the place where people learn how to be socially acceptable! Nice!
                      --
                      http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

I don't see that she posted the source of the rumor. There are a few reputable sites that, when info gets posted, are worth keeping in mind. Otherwise they're fan sites and don't carry that much weight. I am curious as to which site this rumor came from.
                        Maybe she heard it from Cast Members? Maybe she has friends or relatives who are Cast Members (or she is one, herself?) In which case, she would not be able to name the source of the rumor.

I think we will see for ourselves how legitimate this information is in the next few weeks. I, for one, find it believable.

Comment

Oh, I thought she read that somewhere. Ok. Cast rumors are abundant so we shall see.

Comment

I like being in Disneyland. For me parades and shows are gilding the lily. I'm sure most others have the opposite viewpoint.

Comment

Oh, I thought she read that somewhere. Ok. Cast rumors are abundant so we shall see.
                              True. But we're not talking about some rumor regarding an upcoming attraction or some multi-million dollar project. When it comes to small changes like these in the day-to-day operations, CM's tend to know what they're talking about since they're often trained weeks (or in rare cases, months) in advance of when the change goes into effect.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X