Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

UPGRADE

The forums will be upgraded to the latest software version on 9/26/17 at 9:30pm PDT. The upgrade should only take a few minutes. During the upgrade you might experience errors, but they will go away once the upgrade is completed. This is not the upgrade/move we have been discussing for the past few months. This is just normal, minor maintenance. Thank you.
2 of 3 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
3 of 3 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

MaxPass to be free for SignaturePlus APs, $299 for other passes

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Rumor] MaxPass to be free for SignaturePlus APs, $299 for other passes

    $299? THAT'S ABSOLUTE INSANITY.

    Wondering if anyone is still interested in purchasing this, if they were before?

    Heard this from a CM working in City Hall, so a fairly reliable source.

  • #2
    What's a MaxPass?


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by VintageMouse View Post
      What's a MaxPass?
      MaxPass was announced a month or so ago, It gives you the ability to book FastPasses from your mobile device.

      Comment


      • #4
        For the whole year? Kinda low I think.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks preston! Not sure if this is something I would use :-)


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by prestonewing View Post
            $299? THAT'S ABSOLUTE INSANITY.

            Wondering if anyone is still interested in purchasing this, if they were before?

            Heard this from a CM working in City Hall, so a fairly reliable source.
            No kidding!

            Comment


            • #7
              Makes me wonder what the SignaturePlus AP will cost. Must be pretty high for it to be cheaper to add $299 to a lower-level pass. Or maybe everybody is being steered in the direction of the Sig Plus AP? My head is spinning.

              Comment


              • #8
                And everybody in the family would need to get a SigniturePlus. Previously, it made sense for one Signiture and the rest Deluxe, for the parking, photo pass and discounts. So, for a typical family, it is effectively a massive price increase if they want to to have electronic passes.

                Wow...just wow.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You know what? No. I'm good waiting in line and getting paper FP. No way I would ever pay an extra $300 per person for my family of 5. I don't know why Disney feels like that's the appropriate price point. I understand it may be so that those who are visiting less than 1x/year get priority to a degree over APs perhaps, but that still feels high to me. You'd have to make quite a few full day trips and maximize your FP use for it to be worth it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by whiteness View Post

                    No kidding!
                    "INSANITY"
                    It just another. Disney CA$H GRAB !

                    imo

                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by whiteness View Post
                      And everybody in the family would need to get a SigniturePlus. Previously, it made sense for one Signiture and the rest Deluxe, for the parking, photo pass and discounts. So, for a typical family, it is effectively a massive price increase if they want to to have electronic passes.

                      Wow...just wow.
                      Good point about everybody in the group having to be "in sync" on this. That in itself could cause conflict amongst friends and family visiting the park together. (To pony up or not to pony up; that is the question.)

                      I don't think anybody will be up for promotion over this MaxPass bright idea. Nope, not at all.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That is a ridiculous amount of money. Who would pay $300 so they don't have to physically walk over and get a paper fastpass? And, the photo download part of it doesn't make it any more appealing. I guess the eventual goal here is to end the free "fastpass." Isn't Disney the only place left that doesn't charge for such things?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I just can't believe this rumor to be real. Disney already announced that it would cost $10 per day to use MaxPass. That means if they charged $299, you would have to visit 30 times just to break even versus signing up each time you visited. 90% or more of AP holders don't visit that many times in a year, and I'm guessing those that do have the SignautrePlus Pass already.

                          Compare this rumor to an annual parking pass, which costs $199 and breaks even at 10 visits. Using that same logic, Disney would price the MaxPass st $100 per year, which seems more logical and I'd guess would be a popular add on since it would also include photopass.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by xWeaselx View Post
                            I just can't believe this rumor to be real. Disney already announced that it would cost $10 per day to use MaxPass. That means if they charged $299, you would have to visit 30 times just to break even versus signing up each time you visited. 90% or more of AP holders don't visit that many times in a year, and I'm guessing those that do have the SignautrePlus Pass already.

                            Compare this rumor to an annual parking pass, which costs $199 and breaks even at 10 visits. Using that same logic, Disney would price the MaxPass st $100 per year, which seems more logical and I'd guess would be a popular add on since it would also include photopass.
                            The $10 is a introductory price at this point. So far there is nothing stating for how long that will last either when it starts and how much it will be at regular cost once the intro price is over. Since this is coming from a CM in City Hall its a take it for what it is situation IMO. I can't imagine many willing to pay for it to be added on to the AP. I know I wouldn't have a reason to pay $10 per person either when we can just walk to the ride and get it for free. I don't think they are going the way of making you pay for it and end paper ones because there will be those that don't have smartphones and need the option of getting the FP another way. I think they would end up then wanting to change the options to be similar in their other parks with charging for it only. Yet then again who knows what Disney is thinking half the time with the way they charge for things at times or to charge for certain things.
                            A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

                            According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"


                            etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Lol at paying for FPs no thanks for me. As for the price point it sounds a bit high. We'll see what happens with an official announcement.
                              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

                              DL 55th BDAY trip report
                              My company had a special night at the park
                              WdW trip report with WWoHP
                              NYE 2011 trip report
                              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                              Leap year 24 hour report
                              New DCA trip report
                              NYE 2012
                              HKDL trip report

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X