Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Pirates of the Caribbean 50th anniversary

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post

If it isn't voiced by Paul Frees, then it's not the Pooped Pirate. He's more like "The Nincompoop Pirate" because he's giving away the trade secrets that he has the key and map to a treasure with Jack Sparrow hiding in a barrow.
    I have to admit the way that particular scene was handled was actually quite creative. After all, that scene was ruined (at DL) when they replaced the woman in a barrel with a static cat. Would I prefer the original scene, yeah, but given the history of that scene I think it's a fair compromise.

Comment

• Happy 50th Anniversary Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbeans
      Still a
      "E" Attraction
      Since 1967
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackness View Post
        Going tomorrow and very interested to see what has been adjusted on the ride. Seem to be a lot conflicting reports on what if any has been updated.
        Please let us know!

Here's a quick vid from the celebrations. pretty funny

Comment

• I went today and this is what I noticed after one ride through ( this is from memory so I apologize in advance if I missed something new or from a couple months back:

- The parrot at entry not only moves but now swells and contracts to mimic breathing ( a lil too much I may add almost looks at some points he's about to burst.

- The ride system that pulls the boats in a launches in the load and unload dock section is WAY WAY smoother no more shuddering body jarring anymore.

- There are a couple of moons now painted in some areas on the ceiling.

- In the waterfall area there is now a projection of a ghostly Jolly Roger inside one of the openings in the rock work

- Throughout the ride there is now a huge increase in fidelity of all th AA's so much that it makes you second guess what used to move and what didn't as now every character down to each chicken seem to move in multiple direction with complex motion.

- All the pirates have been dusted and their clothes washed or replaced as the contrast and color in their attire is much more vivid in some cases too much. A couple almost look like they time warped into the 80's and stole some hyper color garb haha

- There facial details have either been cleaned or touch up as they also have richer features

- A red scarve material of some sort added to the wheel main in the rain after the waterfalls.

- Carlos is super shiny making him look more wet they might have added more lacquer to him?

- The auctioneer no longer makes the "show'em your larboard side deary" or atleast he didn't as we passed

- The pirate with the cat now has two and doesn't say "" cat anymore but calls them "kitties"

- The fog sheet "waterfall" before you enter the canon area is now much better resolution wise and has more water animated into effect looking much more like an actual waterfall.

- The charred roof beams do now sway a bit like it used to before.

- My daughter felt the canon ball splashes went much higher now and made a point to point it out.

- The Jack sparrow at the end looked much less like Depp for some reason I remembered it having a closer likeness before.

- Lighting was adjusted throughout and unfortunately sometimes the lighting rigs did not seem to be as well hidden as before.

- One additional thing that hit me that was nothing new but kind of funny it never bothered me before but the old dude on the porch across from BlueBayou in the rocking chair is listening to banjo music, he is not playing a banjo and I do not believe that era had iPods or even record players so they should maybe put a silhouette of a banjo player in one of the other shacks or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackness View Post
            I went today and this is what I noticed after one ride through ( this is from memory so I apologize in advance if I missed something new or from a couple months back:

- The parrot at entry not only moves but now swells and contracts to mimic breathing ( a lil too much I may add almost looks at some points he's about to burst.

- The ride system that pulls the boats in a launches in the load and unload dock section is WAY WAY smoother no more shuddering body jarring anymore.

- There are a couple of moons now painted in some areas on the ceiling.

- In the waterfall area there is now a projection of a ghostly Jolly Roger inside one of the openings in the rock work

- Throughout the ride there is now a huge increase in fidelity of all th AA's so much that it makes you second guess what used to move and what didn't as now every character down to each chicken seem to move in multiple direction with complex motion.

- All the pirates have been dusted and their clothes washed or replaced as the contrast and color in their attire is much more vivid in some cases too much. A couple almost look like they time warped into the 80's and stole some hyper color garb haha

- There facial details have either been cleaned or touch up as they also have richer features

- A red scarve material of some sort added to the wheel main in the rain after the waterfalls.

- Carlos is super shiny making him look more wet they might have added more lacquer to him?

- The auctioneer no longer makes the "show'em your larboard side deary" or atleast he didn't as we passed

- The pirate with the cat now has two and doesn't say "*****" cat anymore but calls them "kitties"

- The fog sheet "waterfall" before you enter the canon area is now much better resolution wise and has more water animated into effect looking much more like an actual waterfall.

- The charred roof beams do now sway a bit like it used to before.

- My daughter felt the canon ball splashes went much higher now and made a point to point it out.

- The Jack sparrow at the end looked much less like Depp for some reason I remembered it having a closer likeness before.

- Lighting was adjusted throughout and unfortunately sometimes the lighting rigs did not seem to be as well hidden as before.

- One additional thing that hit me that was nothing new but kind of funny it never bothered me before but the old dude on the porch across from BlueBayou in the rocking chair is listening to banjo music, he is not playing a banjo and I do not believe that era had iPods or even record players so they should maybe put a silhouette of a banjo player in one of the other shacks or something.
            *The ghostly Jolly Roger has been there since 2006 at least and probably was there in 1967
            *The man has never actually had a banjo as far as i know so where the music is coming from is indeed a mystery.
            *I noticed in one of the videos that the skeletal parrot in the Captains Quarters is MIA. A shame too because he was one of the few nice touches added in 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by HMF View Post

*The ghostly Jolly Roger has been there since 2006 at least and probably was there in 1967
              *The man has never actually had a banjo as far as i know so where the music is coming from is indeed a mystery.
              *I noticed in one of the videos that the skeletal parrot in the Captains Quarters is MIA. A shame too because he was one of the few nice touches added in 2006.
              Was it there then removed? The Ghostly Jolly Roger was not there in previous years so if it was added in 2006 then it had been removed in recent years as several people in the boat made comments on it not being there before. It actually looked better when it wasn't there because it appears like neon sky writing wich is jarring.
              Last edited by Blackness; 03-22-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Seems like there should be a more substantial celebration for such an iconic attraction. I thought there would be more of a "big deal" -- maybe with Imagineers present, special ride-throughs, etc. Wasn't there something like this for the Haunted Mansion a while back? Isn't X. Atencio still alive? (maybe he's not well enough to appear, though). Seems like Disney would have had some after-hours affair -- and charge hundred of dollars for the experience. Not that I would be able to take part in that, but I'm just surprised that there wasn't more of a celebration besides special menu items. Heck, I can even imagine a "Pirates of the Caribbean 50th Anniversary" parade wending its way down Main St. Kind of like a reverse version of the "Gala Day" celebration when Matterhorn/Subs/Motor Boat Cruise premiered in '59.

Comment

• Thank you Blackness!! You're very observant I hope it stays that fresh by summer when I may be able to visit!

Originally posted by Werner View Post
                  Seems like there should be a more substantial celebration for such an iconic attraction. I thought there would be more of a "big deal" -- maybe with Imagineers present, special ride-throughs, etc. Wasn't there something like this for the Haunted Mansion a while back? Isn't X. Atencio still alive? (maybe he's not well enough to appear, though). Seems like Disney would have had some after-hours affair -- and charge hundred of dollars for the experience. Not that I would be able to take part in that, but I'm just surprised that there wasn't more of a celebration besides special menu items. Heck, I can even imagine a "Pirates of the Caribbean 50th Anniversary" parade wending its way down Main St. Kind of like a reverse version of the "Gala Day" celebration when Matterhorn/Subs/Motor Boat Cruise premiered in '59.
                  I totally agree. I mean I like the merchandise they've made, but there could've been something in the actual ride that made it feel like it's being celebrated. Ironically, I feel like they might do something bigger for Mansion when it turns 50 in 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Disney Boy View Post
                    I totally agree. I mean I like the merchandise they've made, but there could've been something in the actual ride that made it feel like it's being celebrated. Ironically, I feel like they might do something bigger for Mansion when it turns 50 in 2 years.
                    Oh thanks for the reminder! Hope they do it up big!

Comment

• What baffles me is the creativity, the work, the financing of creating such an amazing entertainment... then allowing the effects to be ruined by allowing flash photography....

I know they don't encourage flash photography, but no one stops it (or, it is left to other guests to stop?)

last year, rode behind a boat with four guys who had professional photo equipment, shooting pics all the way through the ride
                      I asked the cm at the end of the ride if we could go again (we'd waited an hour in line" he said no and when I complained about the flash, said... "nothing we can do about it"

they could if the experience of all the other guest mattered...
                      Disney... some of the most creative and most effective people in the world... defeated by a narcissist with a camera?

Comment

• Happy 50th Anniversary to my all time favorite attraction of all time ... The greatest one ever by Walt ... and probably better than anything else up to date!

And here's to a future regime who builds another spectacular attraction as great as you, with the same quality!

MY SIGNATURE:
                        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwenRowan View Post
                          What baffles me is the creativity, the work, the financing of creating such an amazing entertainment... then allowing the effects to be ruined by allowing flash photography....

I know they don't encourage flash photography, but no one stops it (or, it is left to other guests to stop?)

last year, rode behind a boat with four guys who had professional photo equipment, shooting pics all the way through the ride
                          I asked the cm at the end of the ride if we could go again (we'd waited an hour in line" he said no and when I complained about the flash, said... "nothing we can do about it"

they could if the experience of all the other guest mattered...
                          Disney... some of the most creative and most effective people in the world... defeated by a narcissist with a camera?

I'm surprised the CM didn't let you ride again. Last Saturday, my view was blocked by a group waiving cellphones and tablets over their heads. I complained, and the CM immediately offered to let me ride again. I just waited off to the side until he got me onto the next available boat. I think guests with disabilities also wait in the same area, so it is pretty standard procedure.

I guess individual CMs have a lot of latitude how they will solve guest's problems. Bad luck, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Werner View Post
                            Seems like there should be a more substantial celebration for such an iconic attraction. I thought there would be more of a "big deal" -- maybe with Imagineers present, special ride-throughs, etc. Wasn't there something like this for the Haunted Mansion a while back? Isn't X. Atencio still alive? (maybe he's not well enough to appear, though). Seems like Disney would have had some after-hours affair -- and charge hundred of dollars for the experience. Not that I would be able to take part in that, but I'm just surprised that there wasn't more of a celebration besides special menu items. Heck, I can even imagine a "Pirates of the Caribbean 50th Anniversary" parade wending its way down Main St. Kind of like a reverse version of the "Gala Day" celebration when Matterhorn/Subs/Motor Boat Cruise premiered in '59.
                            I think Disney originally was hoping to "synergise" the re-opening of POTC with the movie being released but some how their schedules got out of sync. I would not be surprised to see something happening on the weekend the movie is released.
                            Last edited by Blackness; 03-22-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

And here's to a future regime who builds another spectacular attraction as great as you, with the same quality!
                              That will never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwenRowan View Post
                                I'm trying to think of legit reasons they wouldn't let you go again. Was this at the end of the night and by the time you got off the park had closed?. Also, it's possible they were cycling out the ride for some safety or maintenance reason. Those are legit reasons for denying a re-ride request in that situation. It's bad show otherwise.
                                "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X