Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Who provided the voices for the Mark Twain before the 2010 refurbishment?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Who provided the voices for the Mark Twain before the 2010 refurbishment?

I know the voice of the captain on the current spiel is provided by Stephen Stanton, but I would really like to know who provided the voices for the captain and for Mark Twain, himself prior to the implementation of the newly recored spiel in 2010. For reference, I am referring to the two voices in the spiel found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhEa6JOUaSE. If anyone happens to know and could tell me, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Toontaz; 03-09-2017, 09:13 PM.

One of the voices is Thurl Ravenscroft
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Isn't Pete Reneday (sp?) one of the voices on this spiel?

Comment

Which one? The captain or Mark Twain? Does anyone have confirmation of Peter Reneday's role?

Comment

Just looking for confirmation on who provided the two voices in this recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhEa6JOUaSE

Comment

I am 100% positive the deckhand's voice and Mark Twain's voice are both done by Pete Renaday. Not sure who does the Captain's voice though.

Comment

Okay! Thank you very much; you just didn't sound very sure the first time.

Comment

Would anyone happen to know when Disney first started using this particular spiel?

Comment

Originally posted by Toontaz View Post
                  Would anyone happen to know when Disney first started using this particular spiel?
                  No way of verifying this but I have it labeled as "Mark Twain (1999)". This version ran for a long time.
                  ​ Yes

Comment

Originally posted by humphreybear62 View Post

No way of verifying this but I have it labeled as "Mark Twain (1999)". This version ran for a long time.
                    HUMPHREY BEAR 62
                    "Good to see YOU and been a long time !"
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

HUMPHREY BEAR 62
                      "Good to see YOU and been a long time !"
                      Thanks Eagleman. Good to see you as well.

I read here a lot but posts are rare. Like Roz though..."I'm watching you, MiceChat. Always watching. Always."

(Be honest. You read in that Roz's voice)
                      ​ Yes

Comment

'99 you say? Well according to Yesterland, Cascade Peak was demolished near the end of '98, which would have placed Disney in need of a new spiel. So that timing makes perfect sense. Thanks so much!

Comment

I tried doig some research using youtibe videos. There is a video from '98, month not stamped, and it is using this spiel. I found a video from 2000 and there only seems to be music played so '99 sounds right when it would have been replaced or stopped being used. I am trying to find video of when it was first used...so far haven't found the answer. There's a video from '87 and the Captain's spiel is different but Renaday's depth spiel as the deckhand shipmate was already in use.

Comment

I tried doing some research using youtube videos. There is a video from '98, month not stamped, and it is using this spiel. I found a video from 2000 and there only seems to be music played so '99 sounds right when it would have been replaced or stopped being used. I am trying to find video of when it was first used...so far haven't found the answer. There's a video from '87 amd another from '89 and the Captain's spiel is different but Renaday's depth spiel as the deckhand shipmate was already in use.

So at the very earliest, this spiel began in 1990. I'll let you know if I find more info.

Comment

Okay. Thank you very much!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X