This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LA Times: A sinking feeling on 'Small World'

This story has been blown way... out of proportion.
    I'll drink to that. (Except not...but I agree! ) Very cool avatar, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine View Post
      If you were to replace things that had to be replaced due to their lifespan, wouldn't you replace them with something sturdier that could avoid rare issues? I'd say that's common sense.

This story has been blown way... out of proportion. :whistling
      We are talking about the same company who told Facilities "run it til it breaks". This is also the same company who would rather nurse a problem with zip ties and duct tape then pay the upfront cost of fixing it correctly the first time. While I don't buy the patched flume theory I can see that contributing to a problem given their track record of "fixing" things.
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Maybe they should add a weight restriction to the sign. You know, like the heigth requirement.

Now, before anygone comes after me for being insensitive, let me paint you a picture..

First solid food i ever ate after i got teeth was McDonalds. I was raised on McDonalds, and every other burger establishment you can think of. It was ok to eat Reese's PB cups for breakfast when i was a kid, and no, i dont mean the cereal, the real thing. I was pretty heavy up until age 23, when i finally said enough is enough. I discovered that excerising is fun, and eating healthy isnt so bad. Hell, i even quit eating meat, man i wish DL had Boca burgers....Anyway...

My point being, i worked my a$% off to get where i am today. I get up every day at 6:00 am to go excersise. I have dropped over 80 lbs, and struggle to keep it off every day.

So, whats my point, maybe the story is blown up a little bit, but everyone and their mother can see us as country are BIG! I have been next to some...roomier...individuals on a few attractions. I sat next to a teenage girl that couldnt really squeeze into the seat on Indy next to me, that to me is a problem. Is it disney's fault, no, will they accomodate, i am sure, because i have said before, the mouse wants your wallet.

What this is all really about is accountability. Nobody wants to accept things. Sure, i could blame McDonalds and my parents for me being a hefty teen, but why bother. After a certain age, i knew better.

To sum up my rant, i dont blame Disney for coming out and saying the truth. We all know they need the revenue. Fact of the matter is, we are becoming an increasing larger country, and actions have to be taken to accomodate, which i dont neccesarily agree with.

P.S.........Yes, i was once on a IASW boat that took on some water, extremely embarassing.........I was 8 years old, and the only other people on the boat were family members...

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
          Actually, there are at least four permanent fruit carts in Critter Country, Adventureland, Main St. and Tomorrowland.
          Just four? Wouldn't it be nice if Disney decided to take a stand and switch all their food to healthier choices and scale down to proper sized portions? Think of the wonderful positive spin they could put on it. Something like Walt always wanted the parks to be a safe, healthy place were a family could enjoy time together and not worry about things like what to eat and all.....

Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by awaflyboy View Post
            Just four? Wouldn't it be nice if Disney decided to take a stand and switch all their food to healthier choices and scale down to proper sized portions? Think of the wonderful positive spin they could put on it. Something like Walt always wanted the parks to be a safe, healthy place were a family could enjoy time together and not worry about things like what to eat and all.....

Just thinking out loud.
            To answer your question, no it wouldn't be nice. Sometimes I'll buy and apple or a pickle, other times I want a dole whip or frozen banana. Walt wanted people to have a good time. I don't think he'd tell people what to do eating wise.

Comment

Just four? Wouldn't it be nice if Disney decided to take a stand and switch all their food to healthier choices and scale down to proper sized portions?
              Well, I certainly would prefer to have the burden of making choices for myself removed.
              Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
              : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                To answer your question, no it wouldn't be nice. Sometimes I'll buy and apple or a pickle, other times I want a dole whip or frozen banana. Walt wanted people to have a good time. I don't think he'd tell people what to do eating wise.

I'm talking about making changes like leaner burgers, smaller portions, cooking things healthier and so on.

I mean I'm willing to bet that if they switched to veggie burgers and didn't tell anyone no one would be one the wiser. I've had the veggie burgers and I think the are tastier.

Comment

:yuck: Those vegi things are nasty!!! :thumbdown
                  sigpicDisneyBroad54

Comment

Vegetarian is an Indian word that means 'bad hunter'.
                    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

I'm talking about making changes like leaner burgers, smaller portions, cooking things healthier and so on.

I mean I'm willing to bet that if they switched to veggie burgers and didn't tell anyone no one would be one the wiser. I've had the veggie burgers and I think the are tastier.
                      Only the dead cannot tell the difference between beef burgers and veggie burgers.

And it is not Disney's job to tell us how to eat and how much to eat. I perfer that they stick to making the park better so that I want to spend more money there so that they can continue to enhance the experience.
                      Originally posted by SummerInFL
                      Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                      Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

If what you consume during your time at Disneyland has any impact on your weight or health status, you are spending way too much time at Disneyland.

Go to a theme park, have a good time, eat yourself silly. That's the point. You have 364 other days to eat normally.

Comment

Next thing they'll be doing is change my favorite coffee at Tavern on the Green to Freeze-Dried Folgers Crystals.

I politely disagree. Veggie burgers in no way match the tastyness of a flame-broiled beef patty.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder View Post
                            Vegetarian is an Indian word that means 'bad hunter'.
                            Okay, i use to think this was funny, which, partly it is. Some of us however had to head to medical advise to stop eating meat because of intestinal difficulties....Just you know, another point of view..

Comment

I thought this thread was about Small World...

Comment

Originally posted by rgrant999 View Post
                                Go to a theme park, have a good time, eat yourself silly. That's the point. You have 364 other days to eat normally.
                                Disneyland does not offer enough healthy vegetarian and vegan meals for those of us who care about the food we put into our bodies 365 days a year.

Guests are often stuck on Disney property when they need to eat, so Disneyland really should be more accommodating.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                                  Disneyland does not offer enough healthy vegetarian and vegan meals for those of us who care about the food we put into our bodies 365 days a year.

Guests are often stuck on Disney property when they need to eat, so Disneyland really should be more accommodating.
                                  Actually, Disney is a PRIVATE business and doesn't have to do anything that isn't required by law.

Would it be nice that they would offer more choices... Yes.

But why not beer at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon?

Or more seafood choices in the parks?

Disney does try and offer what they think is the proper mix, and if more folks asked for different types of meals, then they would serve them.

But currently the demand isn't there, and there are plenty of alternatives, from items that Disney serves, to bringing in your own food (Disney is very lax on its policy, partially to take into consideration dietary restrictions), or going off site to grab a meal. Plenty of guests do these things each and every day.

I just want my Toll House Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich back. I think it sucks that a popular item was removed by the "food police".
                                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Just thinking out loud.
                                    Let's see, more choices.. YES!

Following the policy of the Food Police... NO!!!

As for "proper sized portions", well, Disney is doing it... but not lowering the price. Most items are being cut down, and then Disney raises the price.... I just got the Fish and Chips (and I had choices other than the Fries), but the portion of Fries was about 2/3'rds of what they used to serve.

As for what Walt would have wanted... heck, Holidayland, which was located about where the Haunted Mansion is now, served "all you could drink" beer in the late 50's and early 60's.

http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ayland2ss0.jpg

And maybe reopen the Tobacco shop on Main Street..

And while they are at it, the Wizard of Bras store and the Upjohn Pharmacy.
                                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post

As for what Walt would have wanted... heck, Holidayland, which was located about where the Haunted Mansion is now, served "all you could drink" beer in the late 50's and early 60's.

We completely left Holidayland out of the discussion of cardinal realms in Disneyland. NOS has nothing on all you can drink beer!
                                      Originally posted by SummerInFL
                                      Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                                      Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                                        Let's see, more choices.. YES!

Following the policy of the Food Police... NO!!!

As for "proper sized portions", well, Disney is doing it... but not lowering the price. Most items are being cut down, and then Disney raises the price.... I just got the Fish and Chips (and I had choices other than the Fries), but the portion of Fries was about 2/3'rds of what they used to serve.

And maybe reopen the Tobacco shop on Main Street..

And while they are at it, the Wizard of Bras store and the Upjohn Pharmacy.
                                        All you can drink beer! Wow, now that would be awesome...Wonder what it would be like to see a bunch of staggering drunks walking around the park?

Comment

• Re: LA Times: A sinking feeling on 'Small World'

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post

Simple reason: they don't sell. People talk about eating healthy and then buy a churro. You see this with kid's meals - time after time they try to introduce "healthy options" and the kids will always take (including mine) the nuggets.

Also, if you go to an amusement park and expect tons of vegan meal choices, you're not being realistic - do you look for this at movie theaters, football games, and state fairs? They have plenty of restaurants where you can get a salad if you want one. Again, if people visited DL once or twice year this would never, ever be an issue (in fact, it is still not an issue).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X