Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disneyland merchandise

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
    ... if guests don't buy the good stuff and continue to buy the cheaper generic stuff . . . we get more of the cheap stuff. Sadly, that's what it's come down to. Even the special merch they created for AP Days is just AWFUL. But folks are still waiting in line to buy it . . . so, Disney is going to make us even more of that same awful crap in the future because it sold well.
    Sadly true. Pressler's experience in retail convinced him that DL management was wasting money to make merchandise "part of the show" -- he knew that the average theme park customer would buy as much, or more, of the cheaper generic stuff. His re-purposing of DL stores to a retail-chain philosophy increased profits and brought him kudos from Eisner. Although gems still do happen, with rare exceptions here and there the Pressler merch model has continued to this day.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler

    Comment


    • #17
      For the price you pay:
      A Disneyland =MICKEY MOUSE -T Shirt, should last longer, than one wash!

      ( I had one, were all the prints came off ,after one wash .I was tick OFF ....)

      Di$ney Sell -CHEAP- stuff at a high price.........
      Last edited by Eagleman; 03-06-2017, 08:24 PM.
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

      Comment


      • #18
        I want real Tiggers with arms and legs and a tail, not those weird half-pillows with a face, or a tiny tiny (but cute) tsum tsum.

        (i despise those half-pillow creatures... it's a..a..a.. abomination...!)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by theatremouse View Post
          I still occasionally find a mug whose design I like, but my bigger mug problem is that none of them ever seem to be machine washable. For me that's a dealbreaker, so no new mugs for me for a few years now.
          You're right. This is another issue. All my old ones said they were dishwasher safe. I usually would hand-wash anyway, but they were sturdier. Form doesn't really meet function anymore.
          Maybe people buy them now more for display, because a lot of them really are cute. Oh, well...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Pips View Post

            You're right. This is another issue. All my old ones said they were dishwasher safe. I usually would hand-wash anyway, but they were sturdier. Form doesn't really meet function anymore.
            Maybe people buy them now more for display, because a lot of them really are cute. Oh, well...
            I love the Mad Hatter 10/6 mug, but I don't dare use it as a mug because I'm too afraid the hat and brim would separate. However, it's a great pen cup on my desk.

            Comment


            • #21
              I've gotten a few items of clothing over the years that I just couldn't resist because I thought it was super cute, but generally speaking, after the Disney outlet stores started becoming a thing I could no longer justify the outrageous cost of the clothing in-park, which has only gotten more outrageous over the years. Well the outlets are no longer an option for me since they don't travel anymore, but I can find DL clothing at Goodwill for just a few bucks, haha. Makes $60 for a hoodie REALLY hard to swallow. The loungewear/pajamas are even harder to swallow. $30+ for a pair of pj shorts, are you kidding me?!?

              Other than that, merchandise appeal varies from visit to visit for me. Sometimes I see a ton of things that I love, other times I don't see much of anything.
              Last edited by Diznygrl; 03-07-2017, 04:44 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                I have to say ,
                I use to get a lot those MICKEY Pen that had 4 colors ( black ,red,green,blue)
                It was good, to use at work!
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think all the AP merch lately has been pretty terrible .... just my opinion though.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The disneyland merch is something I wish they would put more effort into. I've been buying the 80s/90s disney tees and you'd be surprised what you'd find out there. I've been lucky enough to purchase a few that still have their original tags on them and never worn with perfect print. I'd love for them to bring that style back. I'd also wish they brought back the style of mick & friends on various rides on the shirts. Theres cool shirts ive seen with mickey and the gang on pirates of the Caribbean and another on space mountain. the pirates one is so detailed and just looks incredible wish i could find a new one in my size

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by CastMember10-2015 View Post
                      The disneyland merch is something I wish they would put more effort into. I've been buying the 80s/90s disney tees and you'd be surprised what you'd find out there. I've been lucky enough to purchase a few that still have their original tags on them and never worn with perfect print. I'd love for them to bring that style back. I'd also wish they brought back the style of mick & friends on various rides on the shirts. Theres cool shirts ive seen with mickey and the gang on pirates of the Caribbean and another on space mountain. the pirates one is so detailed and just looks incredible wish i could find a new one in my size
                      Aside from a bland bb cap in Disney Blue this past yr, ALL of my DL clothing (official and not official) has come from an online source(s) and is usually only cool bc it is old school.

                      I love Etsy for those borderline copyright infringement items... after all, my fave t-shirt to wear in the parks reads REMAIN SEATED, PLEASE... CINNAMON TOAST AND TACOS ON THE FLOOR. The reactions go from "ha, i get it" to "wth???" to hardcore fans giving me a lecture about why my shirt isn't funny bc I am misunderstanding the Spanish and turning it into a malaprop (sp?). I just roll my eyes at the last group. Either way, DL lacks bigtime in clothing for yrs now.
                      In the 5th dimension,
                      Jay

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by JayRomy View Post

                        Aside from a bland bb cap in Disney Blue this past yr, ALL of my DL clothing (official and not official) has come from an online source(s) and is usually only cool bc it is old school.

                        I love Etsy for those borderline copyright infringement items... after all, my fave t-shirt to wear in the parks reads REMAIN SEATED, PLEASE... CINNAMON TOAST AND TACOS ON THE FLOOR. The reactions go from "ha, i get it" to "wth???" to hardcore fans giving me a lecture about why my shirt isn't funny bc I am misunderstanding the Spanish and turning it into a malaprop (sp?). I just roll my eyes at the last group. Either way, DL lacks bigtime in clothing for yrs now.

                        I didn't get what you were talking about with cinnamon toast and tacos. But I googled it and thats hilarious!! I never pay attention to the audio track but next time I definitely will

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I think outrageous cost of the clothing in-park,and the money you pay.....
                          They, do not last long!

                          My Opinion.....Di$ney Sell -CHEAP- stuff at a high price.
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by CastMember10-2015 View Post


                            I didn't get what you were talking about with cinnamon toast and tacos. But I googled it and thats hilarious!! I never pay attention to the audio track but next time I definitely will
                            I purposely left that post vague-ish to see who would get it!! And next time you see someone wearing that at the park, it may just be me!! I've only ever seen a handful of ppl actually wear it on a shirt.

                            My buddy has "pretty good, sure as you're born" on one, and that gets alotta "wth??"

                            The borderline copyright infringement one i have is the hungry bear restaurant logo on a t-shirt and even cast members are in awe that they are seeing it on a shirt. Now if DL would just sell me these things, they'd make more money from me... and others who really want to spend money, but we don't want the generic stuff or items you can buy at Target.

                            Can't they sell generic crud to the masses who want it, but diversify some of it to those who want it?? I am not talking about high end bags and diamond stores, but something clever and much less expensive than dooney bags (@Stormy, i had to look that up, it's clearly not aimed at my demo or price point) and diamonds in NOS... I think they are leaving alotta money on the table by not hitting the random DL references items. They've done a few items (like the plates and trashcan shakers), but they have yet to hit it out of the ballpark imo.
                            In the 5th dimension,
                            Jay

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I'd say.... both...
                              last couple visits, saw some great new creative things but you have to look at the overall...
                              some darling women's t's... mugs, decorative things...

                              I still want that set of princess mugs that are styles on their clothing... not new but classic! creative, charming...
                              some new purses, bags, carriers....
                              new key rings.....

                              the pins... always something new and fun...

                              we thought many of the women's tops were a nice feel of fabric than some years earlier
                              some of the jewellery, really attractive... cute, amusing... (sadly some items purchased did not hold up well, tarnished and lost stones fast, so I don't buy unless buying sterling, currently can't afford...)

                              the styles and concept changes so fast, I assume their designers are not allowed to sleep....

                              not always my taste to wear or buy, but... always creative... and I'd be tempted to say, after so many years, how many variations can there be? but, seemingly, limitless


                              I wonder what they are planning for Star Wars land.... new theme shops to fill....

                              I agree... the AP stuff... I would not want to hurt my AP friends feelings but... you stood in line for an hour for this? but... obviously Disney has once again nailed the guests... they do....
                              and I can't complain, I had the free "birthday" charge card years ago and Disneyland gave me (my purchase with it) two wonderfully soft cotton shirts

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I don't buy clothing in the park, mainly because they don't make a size I can wear unfortunately, also because of the price.

                                I definitely go crazy on the pins though.

                                Also what I'm always on the lookout for, is any glassware. My last trip I bought the Star Wars glasses that were designed like the vintage DL attraction posters.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X