Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Halloween Parties Moving To DCA in 2017

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Halloween Parties Moving To DCA in 2017

In today's MiceChat Disneyland Photo Update, I report that sources say Halloween parties will be moving from Disneyland to DCA this Fall. With the overcrowding of Disneyland and the coming of Star Wars land in 2019, it does make a lot of sense. However, DCA just isn't as atmospheric as Disneyland. What could be done to make DCA more spooky and attractive for up-charge Halloween parties? And how much Halloween should Disneyland continue to offer at no additional charge?

Personally, I really think this all makes a lot of sense. Disneyland is too crowded and it's just not right to close the park early for an up-charge party when the average day guest can't possibly get their money's worth on a shortened day with current crowd levels.

I'd love to see DCA add walk-through mazes, digital mapping on Grizzly Peak, fog all the way around the mountain. Fog and constant water shows on Paradise Pier lagoon (as well as a special Halloween World of Color). Halloween loop in Anamation building. Halloween stage show in Bugs Life Theater. And for the future, I'd LOVE to see them invest in a halloween film for the Sorin' attraction. "Flight of the Disney Villains" would be an awesome theme. And isn't Midway Mania supposed to be easily re-programmable? At least one of the games could easily be halloween themed.

Get creative. What would you like to see? How can the whole Resort be better utilized for Halloween?
    Just when you think you know everything there is to know about the Disneyland Resort, things change. This week's update brings news of some of the revision
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Crazy idea, just spit-balling here. But what if they re-themed the wildly popular and accepted Guardian's of the Galaxy ride at night with something totally original. Once again, just making things up as I go, but what if it became like this, oh I don't know, hotel, and it was set in Hollywood, because that would totally fit with the area! And then instead of an escape from the Collector it's like a haunted elevator shaft, and they could even shoot an intro a-la Twilight Zone or something in the pre-queue area.

I know, it sounds crazy and I don't know how many people would like the idea of it. It could be called like Terror of the Tower or something, I'll work on a name for it. But would be kind of cool to see!

Comment

I can see why they would do this. More space, sell more tickets, accommodate more guests. Life was good before there were Halloween parties at DL and will continue to be good when the parties move to DCA.

But I don't want to pretend that nothing is lost here. DCA has a much more generic feel and does not have a Main Street, small town feel where Halloween can really shine. Or an atmospheric New Orleans Square.

Anyone who wants to "get" what Halloween on Main Street is should Netflix the old "Meet Me in St. Louis." It has a really great Halloween night in a small town. It looks nothing like DCA.

Edit to add that I see I'm not really responsive to the OP, which is asking for ways to make DCA parties really great. Along those lines, I think they can make the midway area really creepy. Carnival midways are conducive to creepiness. Villains back there would rock.
      Last edited by Pips; 03-06-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

More space but less attractions I can see what they will do here. More tickets and more people in the park! Dusty you have great ideas even if ony one of those happened I would be happy. I expect at least a special WOC to say the very least.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

I Think all the extra activity and theming ( Minus the Xmas Holiday overlays ) should be pushed to DCA. parades shows all of it would help distribute crowds as Disneyland does not need the extra attention and DCA desperately does.

Comment

I was attending the halloween parties when they were at DCA and they were quite enjoyable. It is actually disappointing now since lack of halloween decor in DCA. If they switch it back to DCA they will for sure need to up the decorations and lower the price of tickets. No one wants to pay $91 for access to DCA only especially if you are AP. Thats one thing they need to change, drastic price reduction for AP for halloween tickets. The whole perk is you get access to the park for 4 hours but I can get that anyways with my pass.

Comment

Didn't they just get a revamped parade? I mean, you can just simply move it to DCA but to me it would be a little weird having the hitchhiking ghosts at DCA.

Comment

Obviously Hollywoodland would host a villain dance party using the same exact equipment from Summer of Heroes.

Comment

I would think that this would be a sort of rough plan–a "Sort-of-scary" Halloween party.

First, you could probably have 2-4 "maze" attractions, temporarily set up. One in the back path of Grizzly Peak, two in the back lot area of Hollywoodland (hollywood and Dine and the millionaire building can always be used.) and possibly one in paradise pier.

It would even work out fairly well, considering Disney could *finally* bring Gravity Falls into the parks with a creepy walk through "Weirdmageddon," Hollywoodland could add a short Stroll through Monstropolis (or a Marvel area based on Doctor Strange or Knowhere from Guardians). Paradise Pier could easily add an area with a walk through with some funhouse mirrors and a sort of walk through of the Skeleton Dance or the Mad Doctor's lab.

Even then, adding a Halloween version of the World of Color, is a given. However, (and this would be a MAJOR push) a stage performance of Nightmare Before Christmas in lieu of Frozen would be a fantastic addition.

Comment

A "lights off" CA Screamin or Grizzly would be cool! Or black lights or something. They turn the lights off some rides at Magic Mountain during Halloween and it's funnnn!

Comment

Ugh, ironically the scariest ride is no longer scary in terms of theming, the tower of terror would of been a great fit for the halloween party. They could of keep the backlot dance stage too.

Also AP Days should of been kept in DCA this year, while its cool seeing the old starcade building there just isn't enough space.
                      Last edited by BradleyC; 03-08-2017, 12:30 PM.
                      Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

I think it makes sense to have the Halloween thing at CA. CA closes early to begin with, so it doesn't affect the park goers as much who can't stay. Alcohol is served at CA which always generates more revenue for Disney. Walkways are bigger.

Disneyland won't have to close early now on those Halloween Haunt nights now, which is good.

Comment

One idea that would make sense just for the Halloween Party and not require much change would be to have California Screaming run in the dark. Have the ride completely dark like it is for WOC and ride it that way. Would be a cool change and pretty easy to do. Could even have fog in place right before you take off.
                          The Captain Returns February 2010! :yea::thumbup:

Comment

I feel liking adding mazes mignt make the experience more generic... every other Halloween event (Knotts, Universal and Six flags and other smaller events throughout SoCal) have this; I don't see it as fitting with the Disney style nor is it supplying something people can't find. However, I do think Redwood Creek would make a good maze base...

I think Disney should focus more on a more spooky and/or festive atmosphere like the fog used as suggested in various posts above. They could do old fashioned but party/happy jack o lanterns on BVS and have more fearsome jack o lanterns in Grizzly Peak for a different vibe (something visually akin to sleepy hallow). On BVS they could have the citizens dressed in costumes and put on mini shows; this may be past the era, but a live performance of the Headless Horseman song done in the jazz style would be really fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                              I feel liking adding mazes mignt make the experience more generic... every other Halloween event (Knotts, Universal and Six flags and other smaller events throughout SoCal) have this; I don't see it as fitting with the Disney style nor is it supplying something people can't find. However, I do think Redwood Creek would make a good maze base...

I think Disney should focus more on a more spooky and/or festive atmosphere like the fog used as suggested in various posts above. They could do old fashioned but party/happy jack o lanterns on BVS and have more fearsome jack o lanterns in Grizzly Peak for a different vibe (something visually akin to sleepy hallow). On BVS they could have the citizens dressed in costumes and put on mini shows; this may be past the era, but a live performance of the Headless Horseman song done in the jazz style would be really fun.
                              I love all those ideas. Tweet them at Disney or something!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X