Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Aerial Gondola system between Disneyland and California Adventure

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fctiger View Post
    Wow so we will basically get the skyway again! Neat.

But yeah I don't see the need. WDW is HUGE. I think what people are missing is you can't WALK between these theme parks. Sure you can but you don't want to spend 30+ minutes doing it in that humid weather. You literally need some form of transportation if you want to get there without driving.
    Right

100 yards between , the parks!
    Disney like the concept that you walking and shopping ,Main Street and Buena Vista Street.or Down Town Disney
    at Disneyland Resort
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
      Anyone have the Nickel Tour Book?
      Read what one imagineer has to say .. about the view within Fantasyland after the FL to TL Skyway came down - And then it may come to mind why one wouldn't be built.

Short story - Too ugly. Scale of DL too intimate for a system that would be too large. Views of backstage infrastructure .. not exactly make for an aesthetically pleasing ride.
      This. The views of infrastructure -- notsomuch.
      The one at Seaworld goes over water with a view of a marina. Wish they could do it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
        The one at Seaworld goes over water with a view of a marina. Wish they could do it, though.

As
        AERIAL GONDOLA SYSTEM ,goes
        The one in San Diego = SEAWORLD is the best,
        a great way to see Mission Bay !

I do miss the Magic of great view of the Skyway at
        Disneyland .
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post
          Those codes are a problem, because they require safe exit points every like thirty feet, or something. Unless you put the entrance and exit of the attraction right at the gates to each park, it would create an ugly situation of towers all over the place with elevators for exit. Also, there is the issue with lines backing up due to every guest trying to board being required to have, at least, a park hopper ticket. In one way, having an attraction span the two parks would possibly advertise the park hopper option, but the attraction spanning the two parks would have to be something people would go out of their way to board, and a simple gondola with safety exits every few yards isn't going to do that.
          I read the post thinking, great idea! ad I get older i'd rather do my walking enjoying the park rather than getting from park to park and into and out of the park...
          but... as you so wisely point out...
          not practical....

Comment

UMMMMMM - why not just put a station on the Monorail line in DCA instead???

Comment

Originally posted by vnormth View Post
              UMMMMMM - why not just put a station on the Monorail line in DCA instead???
              IMO, this is still the single biggest SNAFU that came out of DCA 1.0. Sadly, it may take a third gate to correct it.

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post
                There is still a long beautiful one in San Diego. I would love it. Please!

https://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-s...e-Skyride/?m=1
                Ahem, there are TWO in San Diego

http://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/content/skyfari-aerial-tram
                "Have I gone mad?"
                "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post

IMO, this is still the single biggest SNAFU that came out of DCA 1.0. Sadly, it may take a third gate to correct it.
                  If I am not mistaken there is an issue with gap distance between trains that prevents a station being installed into DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackness View Post

If I am not mistaken there is an issue with gap distance between trains that prevents a station being installed into DCA.
                    Yeah, I think they had to lengthen the track and reroute it through a different area of DCA to make it work.

When the shoestring budget was determined, it was one of the first things put on the chopping block.

Comment

Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post

Yeah, I think they had to lengthen the track and reroute it through a different area of DCA to make it work.

When the shoestring budget was determined, it was one of the first things put on the chopping block.
                      It's really funny how in almost every artistic rendering of something coming in the future, it seems that extending the monorail seems to be a part of it. If I remember correctly, I think they did this with the Garden Walk, probably not. I know they did it for the Westcot plans, I can't remember if they did it for the original DCA plans.

Comment

This gondola in France darkens to preserve privacy, so backstage and off property hotels have the potential to be blocked out. I would love to see something like this maybe one day go from the new parking garage into the esplanade. Or even complement/replace the tram from Mickey and Friends into the esplanade from the other side.

-Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by JayRomy View Post

Being within the far reaches of one park, then NOT dealing with the walk and the masses, and within minutes, being deep within the next park.
                          You'll have to walk from wherever you are to the new skyway, and then wait to board it and pass through some form of admission gate to check for you parkhopper or AP. Then when it opens everybody will complain about how ugly it is and how you can see backstage areas, harbor blvd, the a/c units atop the show buildings. It'll close during fireworks, so that even if you are just trying to leave the park, the demand and the queue will build up into chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackness View Post

Yep.
                            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by nevol View Post

You'll have to walk from wherever you are to the new skyway, and then wait to board it and pass through some form of admission gate to check for you parkhopper or AP. Then when it opens everybody will complain about how ugly it is and how you can see backstage areas, harbor blvd, the a/c units atop the show buildings. It'll close during fireworks, so that even if you are just trying to leave the park, the demand and the queue will build up into chaos.
                              I think the chaos around that entrance would be worse than people think. It's not like park hopping by foot across the esplanade, where each park has, like, what, 24 turnstiles? There won't be room for anything like that with this attraction. People will be able to see it from all over the parks, and they'll be asking cast members where the entrance is and the cast member will not only have to direct them, but check that they have park hoppers so they don't waste a trip to the station to board a ride they can't get on.
                              You want to go from deep inside Disneyland to deep inside DCA without walking? Well in a few months the steam trains will be running again. You can go all the way from Toontown to near the esplanade without walking. Then it's a short walk to DCA's entrance.
                              Also, once this thing opened, people would be demanding more. A Skyway or Peoplemover connecting the East and West sides of the park (which would NOT WORK with a Peoplemover because of the parade route and the height of some of the floats). In fact, some people won't be happy until both parks are criss crossed with skyways and peoplemovers, completely freeing them up from ever having to walk again. Just walk, people. It won't kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by nevol View Post

Does this all happen with the monorail?
                                As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                                Guardians Of The Galaxy
                                Mission: Breakout
                                ...is abbreviated like this
                                GOTG M:B
                                The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                                That is all. 😉

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X