Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Am I a wuss

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I a wuss

ao I have ridden everything at DCA except the symphony swings. They freak me out. I am determined to th this year. Anyone else have a ride they refuse to go on?

I won't ride that either, not because it freaks me out. As I got older I just couldn't handle spinning too fast, gives me a headache and nausea Conversely I hated roller coasters as a kid, those scared the hell out of me, but now I'm fine with them. The ride i won't do again, because it freaked me out, is the swinging gondolas on Mickey's Wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Azfalcon View Post
      ao I have ridden everything at DCA except the symphony swings. They freak me out. I am determined to th this year. Anyone else have a ride they refuse to go on?
      The other half is like you. He will ride anything but the swings and the fun wheel. I finally convinced him to try out the swings and I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't a good experience for him. I won't get into details but I won't convince him to get on anything he doesn't want to after that.

I've tried every ride at least once and there are a couple I won't ride again... namely Astro Orbitor, fun wheel and the subs.

Comment

Lol aw, well what part freaks you out? Flying above the water? I actually get a little paranoid on the Fun Wheel for that reason... if it were to collapse into the lagoon

Comment

There's so many real fears that may actually happen, crime, car accidents, war, cancer, that I have learned to just ride any old ride I can. If I die that way, so be it. Could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post
            There's so many real fears that may actually happen, crime, car accidents, war, cancer, that I have learned to just ride any old ride I can. If I die that way, so be it. Could be worse.
            Haha sort of morbid but I guess dying at Disneyland is better than some other possibilities......

Comment

i don't like that ride at all, makes me sick. its not a bad thing if you don't go on it. there's no law about going on every single ride. people have their favorite and least favorite rides.

Comment

Originally posted by Azfalcon View Post
                You asked, are you a wuss...
                My answer is YASS!! but that's ok. We all have our moments. Wana know what freaks me out? The horse drawn surrey on Main Street. I will move waaay far to the left or right to let that beast thru. Im sure their team of horses are the happiest and friendliest on earth, but I wont ride it.
                As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                Guardians Of The Galaxy
                Mission: Breakout
                ...is abbreviated like this
                GOTG M:B
                The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                That is all. 😉

Comment

The important thing is to just do whats right for you. Dont worry about anything else. As long as you have fun it's fine. I have a family member who even since i was a kid only goes on the carousel, pirates, HM. and the Fantasy land rides. They also have a great time and enjoy just walking around the parks.

Comment

Personally, the only rides I refuse to go on are the ones that my health won't allow, like California Screaming. There's also some I won't wait in line for, just because I don't like them. However, are you a wuss? Absolutely not! This is a simple amusement park ride. Nothing more. If you don't want to go on for ANY REASON, that's your business and nobody else's. You have your own reasons, and that's all that matters. Unless it's something you really want to go on, but your fear is stopping you, don't worry about it. And even then, who cares?! It's just an amusement park ride.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I tend to avoid the swinging gondolas on Fun Wheel, so I understand your trepidation. However, I love the swings!

Comment

Personally I don't think there's anything special about them so I wouldn't think I was missing out by not riding. Personally I have never found them comfortable because the seats are so narrow. And I second the sentiment on the swinging gondolas - I freak out like a little girl when those move, but that's because there are no seat belts and I'm always certain it's time to pay my final debt.

Comment

I get anxiety picturing ferris wheels. I really cannot think of a dollar amount that would get me in one of those swinging gondolas. I'd start considering it at mid 6 figures, not a penny less. I'd probably do a stationary one for low 6 figures. And alot of peer pressure and alcohol.

Comment

Splash Mountain is my nemesis. I've been on it once but have not drummed up the guts to try it again. That drop looms to taunt me.
                            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Silly Symphony Swings, my sister and I call them "Scary as Sh*t Swings" We will go on them, but sometimes when I'm on them I close my eyes.. Everything else in the park I will go on no problem, including sliding gondolas. Heck, I even stand up and "surf" while the gondola is mid-slide, but the swings are a whole nother animal..
                              Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X