Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Drunk at Disneyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Drunk at Disneyland

So it started out as a regular disneyland trip and my bf and I had a couple beers at dca. I had a little too much to drink that I got drunk but I wasn't being disruptive or anything. We were leaving dca to go to Disneyland but at the front gate I wasn't let in. the CM could tell i was intoxicated. I was told to wait and then 4 securites showed up. They told me and my bf to leave and me being intoxicated I got mad but i agreed to leave. Walking away from the entrance I decide to stop and stand by a fence because i was getting dizzy. And i looked back and the securities were still there. They wanted to kick me out asap but i told them to wait because i wasnt feeling too good. Anyways, long story short I left but they didnt take my pass. I tried going back to disneyland about 2 months later and the front gate people told me it's been voided? I called AP hotline and ive been told an email is getting sent to the supervisor and that i should be getting a call back withing 24-48 hours. Has anything like this happened to anyone? Or an CM know the punishment for this

Seems a bit harsh to void your pass without telling you, withought explanation if you would have to continue payments or if and when you'd be eligible to renew. Especially considering they have bars at DCA and I'd assume drunk people happen a lot. Maybe depends on if you were being disorderly? Still seems like they should have notified you.

Comment

So they serve you enough alcohol to let you get drunk and then get upset that you're drunk? This is exactly why liquor shouldn't be allowed in Disney Parks imo. I'm all for personal responsibility and owning up to your actions, but you can't tell someone they've had too much to drink when you're the one handing them the drinks. Either have no liquor in the parks, set a limit on the amount of drinks one person can buy, or don't punish people for having too much to drink (unless they're violent or disruptive).

Comment

I know I've been drunk quite a few times at DL and have never had an issue with security or CMs. But I also am very quiet for a drunk (well, I laugh a lot sober and I am always smiling, so it's probably impossible to tell anyways) and generally am not sloppy at all. I tend to think Disney doesn't care how much one drinks as long as they aren't disrupting other guests at all or feel like the person drinking may harm themselves accidentally.

Security must have seen you do something that alarmed them or maybe guests were complaining. Were you swearing aloud or stumbling or falling or displaying any type of behavior that may have made you stick out to CMs or cause them to ban you? It does seem harsh. Maybe it's a big misunderstanding somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post
          I know I've been drunk quite a few times at DL and have never had an issue with security or CMs. But I also am very quiet for a drunk (well, I laugh a lot sober and I am always smiling, so it's probably impossible to tell anyways) and generally am not sloppy at all. I tend to think Disney doesn't care how much one drinks as long as they aren't disrupting other guests at all or feel like the person drinking may harm themselves accidentally.

Security must have seen you do something that alarmed them or maybe guests were complaining. Were you swearing aloud or stumbling or falling or displaying any type of behavior that may have made you stick out to CMs or cause them to ban you? It does seem harsh. Maybe it's a big misunderstanding somehow?
          I wasn't being disrupted at all but the person at the gate probably could tell by my eyes being red or something but then again i was tired. I think they handled the situation wrong by having 4 security guards. Having so many guards made the situation more of a spectacle than it needed to be. Come on, it's not like I was a big,tall, intimadating man...I'm a tiny female lol And my boyfriend was with me but he was complying with the guards and walking me out of the premises. I guess what I'm trying to ask is what kind of outcome am I looking at? I've seen post that say you'll get suspended for a year or so but I don't think my situation doesn't rate a consequence as severe as that.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
            So they serve you enough alcohol to let you get drunk and then get upset that you're drunk? This is exactly why liquor shouldn't be allowed in Disney Parks imo. I'm all for personal responsibility and owning up to your actions, but you can't tell someone they've had too much to drink when you're the one handing them the drinks. Either have no liquor in the parks, set a limit on the amount of drinks one person can buy, or don't punish people for having too much to drink (unless they're violent or disruptive).
            I wasn't being disrupted at all but the person at the gate probably could tell by my eyes being red or something but then again i was tired. I think they handled the situation wrong by having 4 security guards. Having so many guards made the situation more of a spectacle than it needed to be. Come on, it's not like I was a big,tall, intimadating man...I'm a tiny female lol And my boyfriend was with me but he was complying with the guards and walking me out of the premises. I guess what I'm trying to ask is what kind of outcome am I looking at? I've seen post that say you'll get suspended for a year or so but I don't think my situation doesn't rate a consequence as severe as that.

Comment

If they feel the situation was not "resolved" in their eyes, they do this. Usually stands until you contact security/management to see what was written in the report. Give em a call.

Comment

Wow I been drunk at DL quite a few times, more than I like to admit...or can remember lol. I never had any problems at all. Of course I don't get belligerent or anything and function normally so I don't get any red flags up from anyone I guess. Yeah if you weren't disrupted or seem like a danger to others not really sure why you were treat that way? Disney have drunk people all the time in the park. They have about a dozen places to drink within walking distance and probably deal with drunk guests all the time. I mean its one thing if they felt you mightve been too drunk and told you to walk it off for the day. But its different to suspend you over it.

Comment

You do realize the Anahiem P.D. has a presence at the parks. They have a police substation right under Downtown Disney. And there's always a squad car parked behind the Opera House. And being private property, they could have had the officers take care of the situation. Here's what would have happened under California law...

Under California Penal Code 647f, drunk in public is a misdemeanor offense. Persons convicted of 647f can be sent to jail for up to six months, fined up to $1000 and sentenced to informal probation.

So you could have had more than just a suspended Annual Pass. My advice for those who come to the Disneyland Resort and get drunk, be prepared to suffer the consequences. Yes, they serve alcohol, but as an adult, you're the one responsible for getting drunk, not Disney or the venues that serve alcohol. It bothers me when people come to the resort, get blitzed, then blame Disney for it.
                  Last edited by Natalie Price; 03-11-2017, 05:38 AM.

Comment

I feel if you were stumbling, have to lean against something to avoid falling, passing out etc you were far more drunk than you are telling us. I don't see the fun in getting that drunk then going back in to ride things. When I've drank there it's been an early night when I'm done. Leave the park, go have a good time and come back the next day

Comment

If their policy is that someone who appears drunk is asked to leave then that's the way it is. Disney's parks, Disney's rules. What you 'think' doesn't matter. When you buy your AP or ticket you are agreeing to abide by those policies.

A person who is noticeably intoxicated represents a liability risk. It's not just about someone being an obnoxious drunk (I'm not saying you were). They could injure themselves or another guest. If this happened and Disney is sued they'd have no defense.
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                        You do realize the Anahiem P.D. has a presence at the parks. They have a police substation right under Downtown Disney. And there's always a squad car parked behind the Opera House. And being private property, they could have had the officers take care of the situation. Here's what would have happened under California law...

Under California Penal Code 647f, drunk in public is a misdemeanor offense. Persons convicted of 647f can be sent to jail for up to six months, fined up to $1000 and sentenced to informal probation.

So you could have had more than just a suspended Annual Pass. My advice for those who come to the Disneyland Resort and get drunk, be prepared to suffer the consequences. Yes, they serve alcohol, but as an adult, you're the one responsible for getting drunk, not Disney or the venues that serve alcohol. It bothers me when people come to the resort, get blitzed, then blame Disney for it.
                        Exactly. Talk to any cop who's dealt with 647f's: the vast majority of public drunks minimize their drunkenness, get angry when confronted, blame others for their condition, and are likely to repeat their behavior in the future -- not because they're necessarily bad people, but because of the physiology of alcohol inebriation.

So far as suspending APs, Disney Legal and their insurance carriers have zero tolerance for on-property drunks -- management won't take a chance on a drunk guest causing an accident that leads to lawsuits and higher insurance rates. They don't want you to come back, because of the likelihood that you'll get drunk again.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Just figure I would point out that you stated you "got mad" when you were asked to leave. What happened in that exchange is probably a key reason they had 4 security guards show up and your pass being voided. In addition feeling dizzy and having to lean on a fence is a good indication you were probably a bit more dunk than you want to admit and that clouded your actual disruptive behavior from what you think you were doing.

Comment

This is one of those instances where I need a video replay before making my call because if you have to lean against something to hold yourself up and are about to toss your cookies thats a far cry from quoting scripture.
                            My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Originally posted by liljetpack View Post
                              ...I guess what I'm trying to ask is what kind of outcome am I looking at?
                              You'll need to talk to the supervisor and plead your case to have your AP returned. The outcome depends a lot on you -- especially the difference between your version of what happened and the report filed by the Disney employees who observed your behavior that day. If the supervisor feels you are trying to minimize your degree of drunkeness, defend your actions, or blame the security CMs for overreacting, you'll get turned down. In addition to zero tolerance on substance abuse, DLR has a humongous demand for new customers. They neither need nor want any customer who they feel is a potential liability for them.

Will Disney believe you? That depends largely on you. However, the responses in this thread suggest your story might not be as convincing as you may think.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X