Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Drunk at Disneyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berry Princess View Post

While I like a drink now and then, this isn't the thread for that IMO and I know I don't look at it as a good thing as you do. I just think this thread should not be used to push the use of alcohol when its about someone that got to drunk in DCA to the point of needing help back to the car and getting their AP taken.
    Fair point. I don't drink like that either, I was just shooting for a little levity and it came to mind how yummy the mule was.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post

Fair point. I don't drink like that either, I was just shooting for a little levity and it came to mind how yummy the mule was.
      Well that is what other threads are for or starting one for it but not putting it in something like this when not just a lesson can be learned by the OP but others that could hopefully learn from as well in what could happen if they end up drinking to much there.

I see people saying the only way they enjoy the Resort is "buzzed"... The bigger question for me is you seriously go to a place you don't enjoy to drink expensive alcohol to make yourself enjoy?
      Agree and I just don't get it myself. Even if one enjoys the place why the need to be "buzzed" or whatever?
      A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

• Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
        Speaking of liquor licences...
        1937??
        In the 5th dimension,
        Jay

Comment

• Originally posted by Berry Princess View Post

Well that is what other threads are for or starting one for it but not putting it in something like this when not just a lesson can be learned by the OP but others that could hopefully learn from as well in what could happen if they end up drinking to much there.

Agree and I just don't get it myself. Even if one enjoys the place why the need to be "buzzed" or whatever?
          Most people are responsible enough in their alcohol consumption to know when to say when. For some, it's when the heat and the sugar get to them that it's time to drop it. (Saw it all the time in Hawaii.) For others, it's when they realize they just spent $35 on 3 beers that they decide enough is enough. Alcohol will always be a money maker. I don't see a reason to get rid of alcohol sales just because a few people don't know their limits.

Comment

• Originally posted by amyuilani View Post

Most people are responsible enough in their alcohol consumption to know when to say when. For some, it's when the heat and the sugar get to them that it's time to drop it. (Saw it all the time in Hawaii.) For others, it's when they realize they just spent $35 on 3 beers that they decide enough is enough. Alcohol will always be a money maker. I don't see a reason to get rid of alcohol sales just because a few people don't know their limits.
            I know and agree. And not saying they shouldn't have it but that it shouldn't be one's main reason to go there or for them to need it in order to have fun there...or really anywhere one goes. Obviously no matter where one is, when heat is involved they should be extra cautious. Of course some have to learn that the hard way before they understand that. I know I learned when I was younger that just one drink if I am out in the hot sun will end up with me getting a horrible migraine so I don't touch it. Luckily that was all I dealt with from it but I already suffer enough from migraines that I knew never to do it again.
            A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

• I deal with intoxicated people all the time, and the number 1 thing a drunk person will tell you is they were fine and "normal" but the cast member denied you entrance for a reason... just having red eyes doesn't deny someone entrance from the parks. You admit in your post that you got angry, probably why they want to revoke your pass.
              Jeff Wayne

Comment

• this is an interesting topic. I agree with what many others have said, there is a good chance you were not completely aware of your actions, however I am surprised that you have been blocked. I am not a passholder, but i am curious if any passholder can confirm whether there is any statement regarding forfeiting use of a pass for any reason printed on the pass. At ski resorts, it is clearly indicated on tickets and passes that failure to follow posted rules can result in loss of privileges, and i have seen it happen especially when actions may endanger others. My guess would be that the pass would be reinstated if the OP discussed the matter with someone who has authority to do so but maybe only with some type of probationary period.
                I have seen drunk people at california adventure many times and even seen a disturbance where threatening cast members came into play resulting in bystanders actually tackling and holding the drunk until security showed up, It was unbeleivable. I am sure that is why disney takes a pretty strict stand on people who get out of hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by soggyinsnoqualmie View Post
                  this is an interesting topic. I agree with what many others have said, there is a good chance you were not completely aware of your actions, however I am surprised that you have been blocked. I am not a passholder, but i am curious if any passholder can confirm whether there is any statement regarding forfeiting use of a pass for any reason printed on the pass. At ski resorts, it is clearly indicated on tickets and passes that failure to follow posted rules can result in loss of privileges, and i have seen it happen especially when actions may endanger others. My guess would be that the pass would be reinstated if the OP discussed the matter with someone who has authority to do so but maybe only with some type of probationary period.
                  I have seen drunk people at california adventure many times and even seen a disturbance where threatening cast members came into play resulting in bystanders actually tackling and holding the drunk until security showed up, It was unbeleivable. I am sure that is why disney takes a pretty strict stand on people who get out of hand.
                  It says it on the pass. I also believe the pass says it is the property of the Resort.

Comment

• Originally posted by armyknife View Post
                    Bottom line is that you drank too much alcohol, exhibited behavior that prompted security to deny entry to you, and now you want to blame someone else. Very typical Millennial behavior.
                    Ok don't turn this into some slam against younger generations. That's not what this is about (also logical fallacies like that destroy any credibility you have in an argument). Knock it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrcobra92 View Post

Ok don't turn this into some slam against younger generations. That's not what this is about (also logical fallacies like that destroy any credibility you have in an argument). Knock it off.
                      Oh boy, who appointed you micechat police???

Comment

• Originally posted by armyknife View Post

Oh boy, who appointed you micechat police???
                        It was the older generation that appointed them to the micechat police. Just a little confused here, I thought that generation took responsibility for all of their actions. I guess not. The more things change the more they stay the same ;]

Comment

• I was curious to see what the policy was for where you can drink your beverages, so I reached out to Disney. It looks like the policy has changed since my days. Here is the response I got from Disney:

While alcoholic beverages are sold in Disney California Adventure Park they must remain in the same container in which they are sold. Within the park gates these beverages are able to be carried around and consumed but are not permitted to leave either the Main Entrance or the entrance to Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Alcoholic beverages sold in containers that are specific to a restaurant, such as a glass cup or wine glass, are not permitted to leave the restaurant area.

For reference this is a link to the Alcohol Policy on Disneyland.com

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq...lcohol-policy/

Comment

• Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                            I was curious to see what the policy was for where you can drink your beverages, so I reached out to Disney. It looks like the policy has changed since my days. Here is the response I got from Disney:

Yay!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4619.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	8499702

Yes, I love GI Joe lol

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...