Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayRomy View Post
    First off, this "I'm-a-victim-cause-I'm-a-tiny-female" is part of the problem. Stop.
    Big time agree that the tiny female card is no bueno.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post

The problem though is that people regularly buy drinks for their friends. How can someone cut someone off if they only see the sane and not so drunk friend?

I have heard Downtown Disney and even the Esplanade have different rules and regulations because it's open to the public and nothing is needed to gain access. Not sure if this makes a difference. Out of curiosity, is someone was publicly drunk at the Garden Walk would that be the same as being drunk inside Disneyland?
      Great question, but that's Actually that not the case, as its still private property. You can be drunk in downtown Disney too, and it wouldn't be public intoxication. Disney can have you trespassed from the property. Police are mainly there for guests safety, just like a baseball stadium or a local mall. Now, Disney's security is there for guest safety as well, but more in terms of being proactive and finding things that are against Disney's own internal policies, something the police won't do.

It's also why you don't see the abortion protesters in the escapade, bus area, or Downtown Disney. It's simply all private land, even though its accessible by the public, it still private property, as Disney can choose anytime to not allow anyone into the escapade or bus area.

Now the aboriton protesters are always on the the the sidewalk on harbor In front of the Disneyland's sign, this area is public land which is why they are allowed to protest, even as much as families don't want to see that crap, its freedom of speech unfortunately. The good thing is The police can enforce any of the city ordinances and laws in this area, you will often see disney security advises this protestors they can't pass a certain line and if they do they will be trespassed.
      Last edited by BradleyC; 03-13-2017, 12:18 AM.
      Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

Feels like the crowd has rendered it's verdict on this one. This thread should now morph into a discussion on sneaking drinks into the park vs. buying drinks at the park. That would get fun and hotly debated quickly

Comment

Originally posted by midvale View Post
          ...This thread should now morph into a discussion on sneaking drinks into the park vs. buying drinks at the park. That would get fun and hotly debated quickly
          No, that would get the thread closed quickly, as has happened to other discussions on that topic (closed because Micechat won't allow discussions that promote behavior that DLR doesn't allow).

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 03-12-2017, 01:18 PM.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

No, that would get the thread closed quickly, as has happened to other discussions on that topic (closed because Micechat won't allow discussions that promote behavior that DLR doesn't allow).

The way you shortened midvale's post really changed the tone of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
              The way you shortened midvale's post really changed the tone of it.
              Really? Apologies, I'm not seeing the difference; but for those who do, here it is in its entirety, with my quote that followed it:

Feels like the crowd has rendered it's verdict on this one. This thread should now morph into a discussion on sneaking drinks into the park vs. buying drinks at the park. That would get fun and hotly debated quickly

Been lots of threads over the years on sneaking booze into the parks. All litterboxed or deleted, for obvious reasons.
              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

It'd be fun while it lasted tho hehe.

Comment

Big time agree that the tiny female card is no bueno.
                  I am a female and am not into things like that at all. That has nothing to do with things at all considering even a tiny female can have some good strength to her. They are not going to know how one is going to start acting in those situations so I would look at it as a precaution just in case. I also feel there is more to this story then being told. I can't imagine CMs are just going to stop guests coming in the parks because they smell of booze and have red eyes. I have smelled plenty in Disneyland that you could tell had been drinking at some point. Which maybe because of drinking its just not remembered but if they do let you have your AP back I would suggest not touching a drop of alcohol while there at this point and making sure you are going above and beyond to be a great guest while there.

It bothers me when people come to the resort, get blitzed, then blame Disney for it.
                  I 100% agree, but I also feel that Disney should include some sort of cap on how much one can drink. I don't want to have to deal with drunk people at Disneyland and if there's a way we can prevent it *cough* no alcohol being served *cough* then I think we should go that route. While it is their responsibility, I'm still one of the guests being affected by it and don't trust that the drunkards are always going to be willing to stop themselves from getting drunk.
                  I will never understand why anyone needs to get this way in a theme park of any kind or just ever really. More so when in a public place of any kind though. I honestly don't get the whole there to drink in the first place. Yet from what it seems there are many that feel they must have a drink or more and feel it should be in Disneyland too. I honestly wish it wasn't served and hope it never gets served in Disneyland. There are enough options for those that feel the need to drink in DTD and DCA that IMO more are not needed. More so when to many people seem to never want to take responsibility for themselves nowadays and their actions. Since it is served in DCA, a cap on things would be great but with it being in so many locations they would have to have a system set up to scan your ticket/pass each time you buy your drinks. With things like the Food and Wine Festival they really push the drinking with all the beer and wine offerings on top of what is already there.
                  A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyC View Post

You do realize that Disney is private property? its not public property, penal codes are not enforced on private land.

Anaheim PD doesn't write citations or enforce penal codes or city ordinances in the park.

They are there for Disney and guests safety, bag checks, keeping an eye out for suspicious activity, and to remove someone from then property who is refusing to leave. Anaheim PD can only trespass someone in the park upon Disney no longer wanting them to be there or if they harmed an officer or another person. and even if that happened the other person would have to press charges etc..
                    This is incorrect. The laws don't change on private property. They can do Disney a solid by removing the incident from public view to handle it whenever possible, but Anaheim PD or FD, CA State Police, FBI, DHS, etc. all trump Disney security. A more exhaustive effort will require warrants from judges, but it's still doable. Disney security and APD see drunk guests nearly daily, and it gets handled when we're not looking.

Anaheim PD doesn't trespass them. What they do is confirm Disney wants to trespass them from the property, at which point they go into the report as a confirmed trespass, and they can be arrested upon return. But it's up to Disney to call APD to have them arrested for violating a trespass.

If anyone harms another person, they can be arrested with or without Disney's "approval." If Disney opts to handle a matter outside of APD's enforcement, they open themselves up to a lot of liability in the event the way they handle it goes wrong because Disney is not above the law. No one is. But once a law is broken and a suspect's arrest is necessary for the safety of the public, it's now APD's ballgame.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Princess View Post
                      I will never understand why anyone needs to get this way in a theme park of any kind or just ever really. More so when in a public place of any kind though. I honestly don't get the whole there to drink in the first place. Yet from what it seems there are many that feel they must have a drink or more and feel it should be in Disneyland too. I honestly wish it wasn't served and hope it never gets served in Disneyland. There are enough options for those that feel the need to drink in DTD and DCA that IMO more are not needed. More so when to many people seem to never want to take responsibility for themselves nowadays and their actions. Since it is served in DCA, a cap on things would be great but with it being in so many locations they would have to have a system set up to scan your ticket/pass each time you buy your drinks. With things like the Food and Wine Festival they really push the drinking with all the beer and wine offerings on top of what is already there.
                      On some days, alcohol makes the experience more tolerable. My anxiety goes down a notch or two when I am happily buzzed. Plus, there are few greater pleasures in life than a cold brew on a hot day. For me, I usually avoid alcohol at Disneyland because the prices are ridiculous, and the mixers have so much sugar that it feels like I'm drinking a wine cooler in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
                        Actually this is EXACTLY what a good bartender will do. Cut you off when you are BEGIN to show signs of becoming intoxicated.
                        In many states, bartenders/bar owners can be held personally liable if they overserve a patron and that patron harms someone else. That was part of my Hawaii foodhandler's permit material, and when I worked in cocktail service, it was impressed upon us to never be afraid to cut someone off or call security if necessary. They'd rather deal with an offended guest than a guest who injured someone.

Comment

Really? Apologies, I'm not seeing the difference; but for those who do, here it is in its entirety, with my quote that followed it:
                          I think I just have a dirty mind and my brain read it as is. It's all good, I only mentioned it because it made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post

For me, I usually avoid alcohol at Disneyland because the prices are ridiculous, and the mixers have so much sugar that it feels like I'm drinking a wine cooler in high school.
                            That's why I br....nevermind XD XD XD

Comment

If you were able to get your AP back, lay off the alcohol on property for awhile. Just indulge some booze outside of Disney at the end of the day.

Comment

Yeah sorry, if you were drink enough to not be able to walk out, you shouldn't be in the parks. You're an adult, and should act like one by controlling your alcohol intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                                  You do realize the Anahiem P.D. has a presence at the parks. They have a police substation right under Downtown Disney. And there's always a squad car parked behind the Opera House. And being private property, they could have had the officers take care of the situation. Here's what would have happened under California law...

Under California Penal Code 647f, drunk in public is a misdemeanor offense. Persons convicted of 647f can be sent to jail for up to six months, fined up to $1000 and sentenced to informal probation.
                                  I have a question about that statute and the situation as described. The OP was a paid guest of Disney, having alcohol provided by Disney, on Disney property. She exited DCA to the Esplanade, which is also Disney property and attempted to enter Disneyland. I am fully aware that Disney had the right to refuse entry to the OP, and that's not my question. My question is at what point could the OP be considered to be in public, if she was always on the same private property upon which she was originally provided the alcohol? Effectively, this would be the same as if someone had a enough to be considered drunk while at a club and never left the club. If not, then why not?
                                  Last edited by BiggestDisneyFan; 03-12-2017, 07:50 PM.
                                  Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

We're talking about The Disneyland Resort, Anaheim. Not The Disneyland Resort, Lake Havasu. It's a theme park...a Disney theme park. Going there to get drunk is just stupid. I remember about a year ago someone posted on here how unfair it was that CMs working the beer location at DCA took away the beers his friend bought him because he didn't bring his driver's license with him into the park. That in itself is a whole other topic of discussion.
                                    But what bothered me about his thread was he said he came to DCA specifically to smoke and drink. Not to enjoy the rides or shows and parades, but to smoke and drink. People showing up to display their bad behaviour is the main problem. And sadly, it's happening just too much at the parks now.

Comment

Being drunk in Disneyland is the best, I recommend everyone to try it a few times

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post

This is incorrect. The laws don't change on private property. They can do Disney a solid by removing the incident from public view to handle it whenever possible, but Anaheim PD or FD, CA State Police, FBI, DHS, etc. all trump Disney security. A more exhaustive effort will require warrants from judges, but it's still doable. Disney security and APD see drunk guests nearly daily, and it gets handled when we're not looking.

Anaheim PD doesn't trespass them. What they do is confirm Disney wants to trespass them from the property, at which point they go into the report as a confirmed trespass, and they can be arrested upon return. But it's up to Disney to call APD to have them arrested for violating a trespass.

If anyone harms another person, they can be arrested with or without Disney's "approval." If Disney opts to handle a matter outside of APD's enforcement, they open themselves up to a lot of liability in the event the way they handle it goes wrong because Disney is not above the law. No one is. But once a law is broken and a suspect's arrest is necessary for the safety of the public, it's now APD's ballgame.
                                        I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear, your right laws don't change on private property, they still exist, just some laws you can't enforce on private land. For example, public intoxication is not a law you can enforce on private land, if that was the case everyone in every bar would be arrested daily. As an officer you typically try to find someone a ride home if they are drunk, but everyone is different.

As an officer, You can make decisions based on your discretion. Keep in mind though, private property is private property. APD is there for guests safety and the contract with Disney, as Disney pays for there services. An Officer, can detain someone if you feel they are a threat to your own safety or to the public. For example, If an officer wanted to they can pull you over for running a stop sign in Disney's parking lot, the answer is yes he can pull you over and detain you, but the officer can't write you a traffic citation for it, even if it caused an accident. It just won't stick in court, as its private land, yeah its against the law to run a stop sign, but when its on private land it's a different story as the city doesn't control the sign etc, same goes for speed limits in the parking lot etc. Unless he is writing you a citation for something that did happen in public, or a law that is actually enforceable on private land.

Secondly that's pretty much what I am saying, APD can trespass them, but you only trespass upon the property owners request to remove them from the property. Sorry if i didn't clarify that in may post, they will uphold any laws that they can within private land, being drunk in public is a law they can't enforce on private land, but they can remove the person from the a situation per Disney's request.

Disney has a contract with APD and AFD for services and exclusive officers. The deal costs Disney around $5 million annually and goes to the city of Anaheim. 2.5 Million of it is for onsite and exclusive EMT services, and 2.8 million is for APD. This gives Disney 8 Anaheim Police officers, and one sergeant, and a office for the officers in downtown disney. The officers are paid $88 per hour. The contract allows officers outside the gates and in downtown disney to wear uniforms, if there in the park they must be wearing plain clothes, as this is Disney's own internal policy and there agreement since the own the land. Anaheim PD's dedicated officers to the resort also go though Disneyland's orientation process, so hopefully they can give you that "magical" experience too lol

This allows Disney to quickly have emergency services on site if ever needed, for guest safety, the contract is very detailed as what they should be doing etc.

You can read the entire contract here: http://local.anaheim.net/docs_agend/.../DO46747/1.PDF
                                        Last edited by BradleyC; 03-13-2017, 12:20 AM.
                                        Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyC View Post
                                          I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear, your right laws don't change on private property, they still exist, just some laws you can't enforce on private land. For example, public intoxication is not a law you can enforce on private land, if that was the case everyone in every bar would be arrested daily. As an officer you typically try to find someone a ride home if they are drunk, but everyone is different.

As an officer, You can make decisions based on your discretion. Keep in mind though, private property is private property. APD is there for guests safety and the contract with Disney, as Disney pays for there services. An Officer, can detain someone if you feel they are a threat to your own safety or to the public. For example, If an officer wanted to they can pull you over for running a stop sign in Disney's parking lot, the answer is yes he can pull you over and detain you, but the officer can't write you a traffic citation for it, even if it caused an accident. It just won't stick in court, as its private land, yeah its against the law to run a stop sign, but when its on private land it's a different story as the city doesn't control the sign etc, same goes for speed limits in the parking lot etc. Unless he is writing you a citation for something that did happen in public, or a law that is actually enforceable on private land.

Secondly that's pretty much what I am saying, APD can trespass them, but you only trespass upon the property owners request to remove them from the property. Sorry if i didn't clarify that in may post, they will uphold any laws that they can within private land, being drunk in public is a law they can't enforce on private land, but they can remove the person from the a situation per Disney's request.

Disney has a contract with APD and AFD for services and exclusive officers. The deal costs Disney around $5 million annually and goes to the city of Anaheim. 2.5 Million of it is for onsite and exclusive EMT services, and 2.8 million is for APD. This gives Disney 8 Anaheim Police officers, and one sergeant, and a office for the officers in downtown disney. The officers are paid $88 per hour. The contract allows officers outside the gates and in downtown disney to wear uniforms, if there in the park they must be wearing plain clothes, as this is Disney's own internal policy and there agreement since the own the land. Anaheim PD's dedicated officers to the resort also go though Disneyland's orientation process, so hopefully they can give you that "magical" experience too lol

This allows Disney to quickly have emergency services on site if ever needed, for guest safety, the contract is very detailed as what they should be doing etc.

You can read the entire contract here: http://local.anaheim.net/docs_agend/.../DO46747/1.PDF
                                          This may just be semantics at this point, but the phrase "can't enforce laws on private land" is untrue because the land requires compliance with codes and regulations all the time. You cannot grow marijuana on private land if the law in that state doesn't allow it, and if you don't have a permit for it. Bartenders and managers routinely watch for public intoxication and will call the police when the drunk patron is becoming a disturbance to himself, other customers, or the premises. Ultimately if something were to happen on Disney property that risks public safety, APD has the call. Disney security is not law enforcement and has no authority to enforce anything other than company policy.

I do appreciate you providing the link to the contract. In reading the contract, it states the staffing allowance, that officers have to be indoctrinated into the Disney way, they will be provided satellite offices, what their scheduling needs are, that officers may be forced to leave Disneyland to attend to outside matters (2.2.4), etc. Per section 2.3.2(vi), officers are to perform work related to Disneyland while at Disneyland, meaning they can't be following up on outside matters or training while at Disneyland. 2.3.2(v) says patrol officers who mingle near main gates are to be plain clothed to blend in with guests. The rest of the contract deals with payments, notices, independent contractor language, and other info. NOWHERE in that contract does it say APD has no authority to enforce the law because Disneyland is private property. Outside of Native American lands, the law is supreme on both public and private property in the USA.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X