Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disneyland Railroad Reopening in July 2017

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Disneyland Railroad Reopening in July 2017

A YouTube user has informed me that he is a Disneyland cast member who works in Resort Transportation and Parking. According to comments made by him in response to me in the video below, they are being told the railroad will reopen in July 2017.

I am, of course, taking this with a grain of salt, as when I went to Disneyland last month, the DLRR cast member told me it would reopen around August or September if they were lucky, as the top priority is to reopen the RoA and get Fantasmic! 2.0 up and running. They haven't even started laying track on the new alignment yet, I've been told.

Has anyone else heard similar comments?
    Last edited by BNSF1995; 03-13-2017, 03:47 PM.
    Disney visits over the years:
    • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
    • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
    • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
    • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
    • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
    • Disneyland, August 2007
    • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
    • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
    • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
    • Disneyland, June 2013
    • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
    • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
    • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
    • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

Originally posted by BNSF1995 View Post
    they havent started laying track on the new alignment yet, I've been told.

This is mostly correct.
    In the most recent refurb for Splash, the tracks were slightly adjust thru the show building, in fact, it is my suspicion that the timing of that refurb was based on the need to get those tracks set. Work on the RR bridge in CC reflects this.

I kinda think laying tracks should be able to be done relatively easy and fast.

As for CM timelines, they've told us anything from June 18th to December... oy.
    As part of a Public Service Announcement...
    Guardians Of The Galaxy
    Mission: Breakout
    ...is abbreviated like this
    GOTG M:B
    The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
    That is all. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by BNSF1995 View Post
      A YouTube user named (redacted by Stormy) has informed me that he is a Disneyland cast member who works in Resort Transportation and Parking. According to comments made by him in response to me in the video below, they are being told the railroad will reopen in July 2017.

I am, of course, taking this with a grain of salt, as when I went to Disneyland last month, the DLRR cast member told me it would reopen around August or September if they were lucky, as the top priority is to reopen the RoA and get Fantasmic! 2.0 up and running. They haven't even started laying track on the new alignment yet, I've been told.

Great news, hope it's true.

BTW, I know that Disney skims these boards. You've named the CM (I've redacted it in this post). Unless that CM gave you permission to cite them, you may want to amend your OP to take out his/her name. Just in case.
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

When we were there Sat. I got told by the CM that works with the trains that it would be July. Didn't even ask about it but he just told us and other guests walking by. I have to say he was a really nice guy too and fun to talk to.
        A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

we were just talking about this last Sunday... a friend said "I miss the Railroad!" we all agreed...
          the Railroad and the Rivers.. maybe not the favorites of all the thrill ride crowd... ... but... a lovely way to spend a little time and Disneyland is the master of the evocative experience... each attraction is a change of pace, a change of experience from the next

an amazing plan
          and the Railroad and Rivers are so much a part of the experience, they are missed

thanks for the good news!

Comment

I think part of the reason the crowds have been sooooooo crowded this past year is because of the train closure. That ate up some of the crowds and without it its a mess.

Comment

It going be nice, to see WALT Trains running again !
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Primeval World, here I come!!!

Comment

Disneyland Railroad
                  I looking forward going on grand trip around, "Walt Disney" Magic Kingdom of DISNEYLAND , again!
                  Aboard
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X