Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

[Rumor] DLR SWL is going to have two giant AT ATs

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] DLR SWL is going to have two giant AT ATs

The photo in the article pretty clearly shows two AT-AT body and head frames being built. The article goes on to point out that it could be for outside in the land, or inside the stormtrooper escape ride.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/photos-two-...tar-wars-land/

quickest route to the photo in question:
    https://twitter.com/MouseInfo/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    (ok to link a mouseinfo tweet?)

Thx for adding this... It was mentioned here on the weekly SW update on Friday. By the looks of it, they are the same design as the quarter scale at-at in Orlando at their Star Tours showbuilding. Slashfilm repeatedly said life sized. Kinda bugs me they did that, oh well.
    A non Disney construction worker I know said the one pictured in the latest MC update was clearly to be an outside structure. The fact there's two now is even better!!
    Last edited by JayRomy; 03-13-2017, 09:25 AM.
    As part of a Public Service Announcement...
    Guardians Of The Galaxy
    Mission: Breakout
    ...is abbreviated like this
    GOTG M:B
    The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
    That is all. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by JayRomy View Post
      Thx for adding this... It was mentioned here on the weekly SW update on Friday. By the looks of it, they are the same design as the quarter scale at-at in Orlando at their Star Tours showbuilding.
      A non Disney construction worker I know said the one pictured in the latest MC update was clearly to be an outside structure.
      Ah yes, at the veeeeery end. It hasn't made it's way to the forum as a distinct topic though? I don't wanna dupe another thread.
      http://micechat.com/153953-star-wars...ls-walkers-oh/

Comment

Originally posted by midvale View Post

Ah yes, at the veeeeery end. It hasn't made it's way to the forum as a distinct topic though? I don't wanna dupe another thread.
        http://micechat.com/153953-star-wars...ls-walkers-oh/
        Nope. And thats why i added a thank you. All weekend I expected more discussion on this topic!

I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!!
        As part of a Public Service Announcement...
        Guardians Of The Galaxy
        Mission: Breakout
        ...is abbreviated like this
        GOTG M:B
        The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
        That is all. 😉

Comment

Are those going to be in the actual showbuildings themselves? Holy...

Comment

I would wager that they are going to be INSIDE the Battle Escape attraction and that they are being assembled now before the building is enclosed because of how enormous they are. With their heavy framing I would also guess that they will be animatronic as well. It's way too early for them to be assembling and installing outside thematic elements.

Comment

To me they only look like they are about 24 feet by 12 feet or so. 4 guys by 2 guys lol. Is that really that big? I think they may just be decoration for the outside of the ride or something.

Comment

As long as they don't cut the tree's in half like at WDW I'm ok with it. Always ruins the picture.
                My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post
                  To me they only look like they are about 24 feet by 12 feet or so. 4 guys by 2 guys lol. Is that really that big? I think they may just be decoration for the outside of the ride or something.
                  I'd say about 15 feet high in the frame, which will likely be about 17-20 feet high once they have skin and decoration. Add legs and that is a pretty tall feature; especially if featured in a ride rather than outdoor themeing. I'm hoping for a scene like Shanghai's pirates, but instead of going between two ships, we're in between two AT-AT walkers with high projection screens all around to make it seem like we're in the middle of a giant battle.
                  Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post

I'd say about 15 feet high in the frame, which will likely be about 17-20 feet high once they have skin and decoration. Add legs and that is a pretty tall feature; especially if featured in a ride rather than outdoor themeing. I'm hoping for a scene like Shanghai's pirates, but instead of going between two ships, we're in between two AT-AT walkers with high projection screens all around to make it seem like we're in the middle of a giant battle.
                    Does sound cool.

Comment

Seems like a lot of steal for animatronics or decor structures. I even thought these were rail bridges at one point they are so robust. I would be stoked if they are indeed AT-AT's!
                      Last edited by Blackness; 03-13-2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackness View Post
                        Seems like a lot of steal for animatronics or decor structures. I even though these where rail bridges at one point they are so robust. I would be stoked if they are indeed AT-AT's!

Rail Bridge was exactly was my first impression was.

Comment

Originally posted by midvale View Post

Rail Bridge was exactly was my first impression was.
                          But they're wayyyyy too small for even Disneyland's rather petite railroad locomotives. So looks like AT-AT's!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ATAT-SWFB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	8497848 The legs are two thirds the total height so if they build it standing up and the body is 15 feet tall the whole structure would be 45 feet tall

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3367.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	8497854 It looks like they are building it within the framework but may not be entirely enclosed. Looks like an entrance opening or foyer.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X