Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Landscaping, comment and question...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landscaping, comment and question...

We were at Disneyland and CA last Sunday, the landscaping... more beautiful than ever!
    the combinations of flower and plants... gorgeous...
    they must spend an amazing amount of time and effort on the landscaping and the results... wonderful

a friend was very interested in a tall succulent, green at the base and orange at the top... we walked both parks and I can't remember where it was...

Firestick or Pencil plant?
    I've never seen them this tall.....

Though I haven't visited in a few years, the landscaping is one of the things that stands out in my mind. I've never seen such attention to detail, it's about as close to perfect as you can get.

It always reminds me of what I believe to be 'True Disney'.

Comment

Disneyland - One the best landscaping,that is keep up well in every season, during the whole year!

One area that Disney has done a great job.......
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by GwenRowan View Post
        We were at Disneyland and CA last Sunday, the landscaping... more beautiful than ever!
        they must spend an amazing amount of time and effort on the landscaping and the results... wonderful

a friend was very interested in a tall succulent, green at the base and orange at the top... we walked both parks and I can't remember where it was...

Are they the kangaroo paws, GwenRowan? I ask because the ones in our yard are crazy tall this year -- I guess due to all the extra rain. I know they've been using them a lot lately in water-wise gardens.

Comment

Originally posted by GwenRowan View Post

I agree. The landscaping at Disneyland is amazing.
          A group of friends and I all did the Cultivating the Magic tour that Disneyland offered. I did a whole write-up about it here. Cultivating the Magic Tour at Disneyland

In doing my trip report, I came across a very good website that is very thorough in describing all the different plants at Disneyland. There's over 2000 plants listed on their website!
          http://plantsofdisneyland.com

Might help you figure out what the plant you're looking for is called.
          Also check out:
          Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report

Joe's Epic Tokyo Disneyland Trip Report - 15 days
          Disneyland Candlelight Processional Photos - 2014 (Beau Bridges), 2012 (Kurt Russell), 2012 (Edward James Olmos), 2012 (Dick Van Dyke), 2012 (John Stamos), 2011 (Gary Sinise), 2010 (Tom Skerritt), 2009 (Jon Voight), 2008 (John Stamos)

Or visit my blog at http://flowerstales.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nobody comes close to matching Disney's landscaping! The gardens there don't only look incredible, but the landscaping manages to tell its own story and serve to immerse the guest into entire different worlds. There was a book about Disney's gardens that came out a couple of decades ago. One of my biggest Disney regrets is that I didn't get that book when I could.
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by mre200200 View Post

I agree. The landscaping at Disneyland is amazing.
              A group of friends and I all did the Cultivating the Magic tour that Disneyland offered. I did a whole write-up about it here. Cultivating the Magic Tour at Disneyland

In doing my trip report, I came across a very good website that is very thorough in describing all the different plants at Disneyland. There's over 2000 plants listed on their website!
              http://plantsofdisneyland.com

Might help you figure out what the plant you're looking for is called.
              thanks for the links....
              great photos of your tour!
              we were talking about the landscaping on Storybook land last visit... great pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post

Are they the kangaroo paws, GwenRowan? I ask because the ones in our yard are crazy tall this year -- I guess due to all the extra rain. I know they've been using them a lot lately in water-wise gardens.
                no... those I recognize.... these were different...
                Last edited by GwenRowan; 03-14-2017, 07:07 PM. Reason: refine...

Comment

like this but taller...

Comment

Those are Euphorbia tirculli - aka Sticks on fire. They can grow to 25 feet high and 10 feet around. They've become very popular recently in SoCal. It's deepest colors occur during winter.

Comment

^
                      Those are pretty! I read you need to be careful. The sap of the plant can cause discomfort especially contacted with face.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                        Disneyland - One the best landscaping,that is keep up well in every season, during the whole year!

One area that Disney has done a great job.......
                        Yes! I also love the edible plants in Tomorrowland. The basal, rosemary, and lemon are especially appropriate for
                        "Seasonings of the Force."

Comment

Originally posted by AstroJeff View Post
                          Those are Euphorbia tirculli - aka Sticks on fire. They can grow to 25 feet high and 10 feet around. They've become very popular recently in SoCal. It's deepest colors occur during winter.
                          thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DLR92 View Post
                            ^
                            Those are pretty! I read you need to be careful. The sap of the plant can cause discomfort especially contacted with face.
                            Oh... thanks for the heads up.... may not work for the friend then... kids have access....

Comment

Originally posted by AstroJeff View Post

Yes! I also love the edible plants in Tomorrowland. The basal, rosemary, and lemon are especially appropriate for
                              "Seasonings of the Force."
                              Great one! (seasonings)

we always enjoy the herbs... I miss not having a garden anymore.... I loved growing herbs and edibles ;-)

their arrangements show that edibles can be artistic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X